Ahead of opening round!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Ahead of opening round!

Hi everyone, just wanted to share this post ahead of opening round.

Likely of course that the forum will get busier in the following weeks as the season gets going and no doubt this will inspire a lot of vigorous debate and conflict that let’s face it… we love.
The discussion is why where here and in multiple discussions I’ve had either on the main boards or in PMs is that as a Saints community… that’s what we want more of on the boards.

The flip side to that naturally… is that almost universally, people regularly feedback that they’d like not so much less of the personal conflict but rather conflicts being personal. That is people leading with insults or targeting/following around particular forumites, that kind of thing.

This forum has a lot of big personalities, some of which have hibernated a bit in the off-season and I can see I few old rivalries brewing already. That’s fine but please remember a few things:

- Be nice. You don’t know what people are going through and words can hurt.

- Please keep it about football and ease off the insults.

- A fresh season brings with it an opportunity for a fresh start. I’ve had discussions with many forumites, even renounced stirrers that are wanting fresh starts for more productive conversations and it would be great to help them get it rather than go back down familiar rounds.

One of the most humbling things about getting to be a mod here is that u had to commit to letting my baggage go. I hope you don’t mind the name drop… but Saynta and I had been feuding for years… maybe 10+ and he was rightly worried that I might try to run him out of here… understandable because (embarrassingly) I niggled, condescended and baited at every opportunity. Some may say he got me back just much (not me however :wink: ).

Now we’ve effectively put all the baggage behind us and treat each other respectfully and I dare say we both enjoy the forum a lot more as result… so the point here is rather than be on my high horse, which I can’t do… I’d just really like to encourage everyone to give it a go as you’ll be glad you did.

And finally… I called it months ago, it’s our year so enjoy the ride

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ahead of opening round!

Debate and rivalry come hand in hand if you ask me.
I tend to believe that dogma outweighs personality here and find it hard to draw conclusions on things like attention seeking being a personality flaw or personal choice
If you're going to be opinionated, then you should check you sensitivities at the log in.
I'm not out to ruin anyone's self image, please preserve your own if you can.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ha

my karma ran over my dogma

htf am i gunna blow the effers up grow up guru

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

asiu wrote: Fri 08 Mar 2024 8:59am

my karma ran over my dogma

Haha, that is one of my favourite quotes in a very long time...with your kind permission I shall use that again myself !!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:D

its a classic ay

use it as u desire TB

i pinched it

(high end spiritual chit chat wisdom/humour)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Will just put this out there again today and have unbookmarked so the topic will be off the board soon.

Please be nice everyone 😎

Hopefully we can start this positive vibe with a win