Wilson! First-round draftee primed for Round 1 debut

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wilson! First-round draftee primed for Round 1 debut

My prediction is he'll get a rising star nomination before Reid, Sanders, McKercher. Not before all of them, but in the middle somewhere. Windsor from Melbourne is in the same boat.

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

Re: Wilson! First-round draftee primed for Round 1 debut

Teflon wrote: Wed 13 Mar 2024 8:36pm Wilson has that quiet Harvey like determination.:I think he’s the real deal and will only get better
I have to say I am a tad worried on Pou….not seeing it yet
Search Youtube for "Matteas Phillipou the next star of the AFL". It is a solid five minutes of his best from the first half of 2023. You'll see, "it" after watching.

I think quite a few people would agree with you, Teflon, but I believe that too much has been made of his drop-off in form in the last third of the season.

Let's not forget he was the youngest player in the comp. last year. He didn't get a break, wasn't managed and played every game. An outstanding effort from any 1st-year player.

I know he was gifted a few towards the end of the year, however the lessons he learned during that period, especially in the final, will stand him in great stead.

RTB and crew know what they are doing. His preseason training demonstrated how motivated and determined he is to get the best out of himself.

He's still only nineteen. His potential is frightening. I just hope he plays his entire career with us.