Saints christmas wish list.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints christmas wish list.

From afl.com.au

"After an injury-plagued 2023, a healthy playing group will be top of St Kilda's wishlist this Christmas. The Saints entered the 2023 season with 14 players on the injury list, but managed to defy expectations early in the season with a cobbled-together team. Despite Max King playing just 11 games in 2023 due to shoulder injuries, and other key cogs Jack Steele, Seb Ross and Tim Membrey missing chunks of the year, the Saints kept it together enough to play finals in Melbourne for the first time since 2011. If the Saints pulled that off with a young, inexperienced list, Ross Lyon and co. will be keen to see what they can achieve with a healthy list in 2024". – Sophie Welsh

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints christmas wish list.

Is Sophie Welsh a pseudonym for Damien Barratt? The piece is so insightful, full of previously undisclosed facts it shouts Barratt exclusive; and how she got access to the wishlist is impressive undercover stuff. I think the club foxed her/him though. Top of the actual list is a premiership, followed by top 4 finish and 10 goal wins in the first two games. A "healthy" playing list was on the President's Xmas party speaking notes as well as peace in our time and no homelessness. I think "Sophie" might not have fully researched, hence her persona could be DB in an elf-lette costume, trying to fool the tax man.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

A very manageable injury list that allows access to the majority of our list for the entirety of the 24 season to give the coaches an extended look at the best mix of players.

I'd also like to see more debuts by the kids from the national draft to see how many are capable of reaching AFL standard as quickly as NWM did.

I'd like to see us not have the expectation of finals but rather focus on development to fast track the rebuild, we over achieved last season so it could be harmful to the young guys confidence if the industry and fans expect them to rise up the ladder again in 2024.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 26 Dec 2023 12:22pm Is Sophie Welsh a pseudonym for Damien Barratt? The piece is so insightful, full of previously undisclosed facts it shouts Barratt exclusive; and how she got access to the wishlist is impressive undercover stuff. I think the club foxed her/him though. Top of the actual list is a premiership, followed by top 4 finish and 10 goal wins in the first two games. A "healthy" playing list was on the President's Xmas party speaking notes as well as peace in our time and no homelessness. I think "Sophie" might not have fully researched, hence her persona could be DB in an elf-lette costume, trying to fool the tax man.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Insightful

We don’t want injuries- whale oil beef hooked!!!!

SaintWiki
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 26 Dec 2023 1:07pm A very manageable injury list that allows access to the majority of our list for the entirety of the 24 season to give the coaches an extended look at the best mix of players.

I'd also like to see more debuts by the kids from the national draft to see how many are capable of reaching AFL standard as quickly as NWM did.

I'd like to see us not have the expectation of finals but rather focus on development to fast track the rebuild, we over achieved last season so it could be harmful to the young guys confidence if the industry and fans expect them to rise up the ladder again in 2024.
We'll have to wait and see, but the guys appear to be confident and improving and I think most supporters will be happy to see good performance's throughout the year ... and we've already risen up the ladder, just depends on all the anomalies how high we get. I'd be a disappointed if we can't at least hold our '23 position.