Arie Schoenmaker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Re: Arie Schoenmaker

B.M wrote: Sat 25 Nov 2023 4:25pm who the fk is Will?!
Sorry, I realised I'd picked up the nickname (Will) people were using who claimed to have gone to school with him and used it here...

I read people (classmates) calling him will, willoby, willy...not sure why?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 3:29pm
saynta wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 10:36am
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 25 Nov 2023 3:33pm Yeah, I looked as hard as I could for truth, info,evidence of the alledged sustained bullying of a disabled person.
Most Big Footy posts have been deleted.

From reading insta, big footy, facebook and reddit I believe:

Arie had several years of schooling with another young man with a mild austism diagnosis. They had a history of both being friends & being arses towards one another.

Claims that at times Arie went to far, name calling, baiting, sharing videos on snapchat of person raging, etc exist.

Claims the person was tormented, quit school, Arie was given a soft expel ( asked to leave) all exist.

But in between it all theres no doubt some truth but no where has any who has 1st hand witnessed any of this made a comment. Every comment from using wayback machine and ai phantom search provides all 2nd hand or more distant comments pretty equally blaming each party.

Can I imagine Arie as an immature kid being a little $hit and egging on, bullying another kid?
Yep

Does it mean he purposed to bully a disabled person...highly doubtful, just no evidence at all. But enough exists to suggest he was a turd.

However, he has not been at that school in that community for 2 yrs. So I hope as he has matured he has seen how his friendship turned sour was less than what he wants to be as a man going forward.

Best of luck mate! Enjoy the journey to adulthood.
Who actually gives a f***....not I.

Give the kid a break.
Well I guess it doesn't matter too much...wait, isn't it a crime to bully, including the multiple accusations he had of cyber bullying which carry strong custodial sentences? Could this be important to discuss on a....I don't know...footy forum for discussing footy players, teams, etc????,

Has it been brushed under the rug to further career, was $$$ involved to make the school look away ( as was accused by 4 people)? Is any of it true?

Add to this the accussation it was a disabled youth being bullied...and you dont give a feck if it was true or not...

Geez, you're a swell human...just look away and "give HIM a break".

People on Reddit give their own names, stating they were classmates & that he acted at least somewhat of bully & at best a twat.

But...as I said its also important to note there's no legal info, lawsuits, school records that are searchable, etc to confirm any of it.

6 further people claim 1st hand viewing of a snapchat Will sent on a school trip of him physically pushing the person down a hill and then laughing at this person as he cried. Some state Arie thought he was "fake crying". Can we view this video? No. It was alledgedly on snapchat (designed to disappear once viewed)

If that doesn't matter, which it clearly doesn't for the club or you...fantastic.

If he did this in any degree and would address publically his past behaviour & apologise it'd be monumental...we could abhor his mistakes, applaud his honesty and hope for his future...but you know the show...say nothing...until you're undeniably caught then crack a tear on camera.

OR if its not accurate...publically deny it all and say its completely untrue & refute any and all accounts of bullying.

Bullying a disabled person most often points to significant mental health issues from the abuser. That will scare off clubs like crazy. If you'll push around a disabled person...what won't you do?

The uncertainty of this being true or not plus the factual misstep of buying alcohol for minors likely turned clubs right off.

Im 100% glad he has an opportunity to show he's changing, growing, maturing. As I've said, everyone deserves not a 2nd chance, but bucket loads of chances to right wrongs...couple a new attitude with his talent and he can prove all the other clubs that walked away wrong.

I'm just hoping we dont hear a news report of a public accussation down the road so we can endure another St Shart Storm.

P.s. I am/was giving him the benefit of the doubt..if you can read?
It could be said that you think you have a superior view on what is acceptable behaviour and what isn't. That's probably not true, perhaps you just think we don't understand that's its not ok for kids to act as bullies.

Some matters are dealt with in private, between the parties involved. When this happens and they reach an agreement, its between them. If this doesn't happen, lawyers are usually engaged, police get involved investigate and act. This leaves a clear record.

What you might be doing is being assertive about your own, unverified evidence search.

You seem suspicious, if you keep it up, you may be looked apon as a bully, contributing to a lot of conjecture based on rumours.

Will, from a legal perspective doesn't exist, does he? Why can't you use his real name.

https://latestbollyholly.com/arie-schoe ... t-threads/

That might be the end of the topic for me,

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

None of us know the full story , or the true story, and probably never will. It's a disturbing subject matter and makes the skin crawl. However, to continue to speculate and point fingers serves no purpose from our vantage point. Many things are thrown around on social media.

All we can do is put trust in our club and it's coaches to get the best out of all our players both as professional footballers and as citizens.

There have been many players who started their AFL careers with an immature mindset, or came from a background lacking in stability, or may have been prone to being drawn to bad people or situations, but that doesn't mean they can't grow as people, and AFL football clubs these days are a stabilising influence on many young men.

Dustin Martin was wayward as an 18 year old, and with the right people around him has carved out an outstanding career.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

We can never know a player's background, and sometimes bullying behaviour can stem from early childhood trauma, or from gowing up with a violent and volatile parent or older sibling. Some of our behaviours are learnt and some of them are a reaction to events or circumstances in our lives, especially when we are at the critical development stages.at a young age.. What appears cut and dry on the surface can often be deeply complicated with a long history

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

And sometimes people are just wired differently, irrespective of upbringing.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 3:29pm
saynta wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 10:36am
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 25 Nov 2023 3:33pm Yeah, I looked as hard as I could for truth, info,evidence of the alledged sustained bullying of a disabled person.
Most Big Footy posts have been deleted.

From reading insta, big footy, facebook and reddit I believe:

Arie had several years of schooling with another young man with a mild austism diagnosis. They had a history of both being friends & being arses towards one another.

Claims that at times Arie went to far, name calling, baiting, sharing videos on snapchat of person raging, etc exist.

Claims the person was tormented, quit school, Arie was given a soft expel ( asked to leave) all exist.

But in between it all theres no doubt some truth but no where has any who has 1st hand witnessed any of this made a comment. Every comment from using wayback machine and ai phantom search provides all 2nd hand or more distant comments pretty equally blaming each party.

Can I imagine Arie as an immature kid being a little $hit and egging on, bullying another kid?
Yep

Does it mean he purposed to bully a disabled person...highly doubtful, just no evidence at all. But enough exists to suggest he was a turd.

However, he has not been at that school in that community for 2 yrs. So I hope as he has matured he has seen how his friendship turned sour was less than what he wants to be as a man going forward.

Best of luck mate! Enjoy the journey to adulthood.
Who actually gives a f***....not I.

Give the kid a break.
Well I guess it doesn't matter too much...wait, isn't it a crime to bully, including the multiple accusations he had of cyber bullying which carry strong custodial sentences? Could this be important to discuss on a....I don't know...footy forum for discussing footy players, teams, etc????,

Has it been brushed under the rug to further career, was $$$ involved to make the school look away ( as was accused by 4 people)? Is any of it true?

Add to this the accussation it was a disabled youth being bullied...and you dont give a feck if it was true or not...

Geez, you're a swell human...just look away and "give HIM a break".

People on Reddit give their own names, stating they were classmates & that he acted at least somewhat of bully & at best a twat.

But...as I said its also important to note there's no legal info, lawsuits, school records that are searchable, etc to confirm any of it.

6 further people claim 1st hand viewing of a snapchat Will sent on a school trip of him physically pushing the person down a hill and then laughing at this person as he cried. Some state Arie thought he was "fake crying". Can we view this video? No. It was alledgedly on snapchat (designed to disappear once viewed)

If that doesn't matter, which it clearly doesn't for the club or you...fantastic.

If he did this in any degree and would address publically his past behaviour & apologise it'd be monumental...we could abhor his mistakes, applaud his honesty and hope for his future...but you know the show...say nothing...until you're undeniably caught then crack a tear on camera.

OR if its not accurate...publically deny it all and say its completely untrue & refute any and all accounts of bullying.

Bullying a disabled person most often points to significant mental health issues from the abuser. That will scare off clubs like crazy. If you'll push around a disabled person...what won't you do?

The uncertainty of this being true or not plus the factual misstep of buying alcohol for minors likely turned clubs right off.

Im 100% glad he has an opportunity to show he's changing, growing, maturing. As I've said, everyone deserves not a 2nd chance, but bucket loads of chances to right wrongs...couple a new attitude with his talent and he can prove all the other clubs that walked away wrong.

I'm just hoping we dont hear a news report of a public accussation down the road so we can endure another St Shart Storm.

P.s. I am/was giving him the benefit of the doubt..if you can read?
:roll: :roll: :roll: For the record, I can read but choose not to read crap.

Signed, a swell human......how f****** quaint. :roll: :roll:

NickyDal
Club Player

Superboot will be the best out of all 9 players picked up this year. Take it to the bank, bookmark it and guaranteed by government... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
SaintWiki
Club Player

At the end of the day we have picked up a player who has the makings of being an important contributor to our team which we picked up for the cost of a damaged goods bargain basement special. So if he has serious issues in the future it will be disappointing but no great loss and well worth the experiment.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Just found out I went to school with his dad Danny, who was the year above me. From the same small community.

He was a very good footballer with freakish skills.

falka
Club Player

Was his dad also a good bully? 😂

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 3:34pm
B.M wrote: Sat 25 Nov 2023 4:25pm who the fk is Will?!
Sorry, I realised I'd picked up the nickname (Will) people were using who claimed to have gone to school with him and used it here...

I read people (classmates) calling him will, willoby, willy...not sure why?
Possibly because of Willie Shoemaker??? Considered to be the greatest American jockey, ever.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote: Sun 03 Dec 2023 10:48am Was his dad also a good bully? 😂
Oh, ffs. Give it a rest. You are not funny. Then most clowns aren't. :roll:

falka
Club Player

Ok I’ll take your advice on what humour is on board mate. Relax

saynta
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote: Sun 03 Dec 2023 4:26pm Ok I’ll take your advice on what humour is on board mate. Relax
Great. Cheap shots don't go over well on here.....mate. :evil:

falka
Club Player

Not a cheap shot, rather a cheap laugh. There is a difference. No wonder this place has died off.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

You need to be funny to get a laugh

A pot shot isn’t funny

Freebird
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 4:29pm None of us know the full story , or the true story, and probably never will. It's a disturbing subject matter and makes the skin crawl. However, to continue to speculate and point fingers serves no purpose from our vantage point. Many things are thrown around on social media.

All we can do is put trust in our club and it's coaches to get the best out of all our players both as professional footballers and as citizens.

There have been many players who started their AFL careers with an immature mindset, or came from a background lacking in stability, or may have been prone to being drawn to bad people or situations, but that doesn't mean they can't grow as people, and AFL football clubs these days are a stabilising influence on many young men.

Dustin Martin was wayward as an 18 year old, and with the right people around him has carved out an outstanding career.
the right people being the rebels bikie gang

NickyDal
Club Player

I think everyone should just forget about what Arie Schoenmaker may or may not have done. He has a clean slate now so we wait and see how his career unfolds. Simple...

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Saints94
SS Life Member

Excited to get him late in the draft. Bit of a free hit.

Not many pick 62’s make it but I have a feeling this kid will. Love the left foot

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote: Tue 05 Dec 2023 2:00am Excited to get him late in the draft. Bit of a free hit.

Not many pick 62’s make it but I have a feeling this kid will. Love the left foot
Well the thing is that a lot of forumites here had him way way up the list. Many hoped to get him in the second round so the reality is that it’s a HUGE slide.

Obviously he has this “baggage” but in the grand scale of stuff ups… it’s not exactly the most heinous staff. A DUI and some illicit substance possession stuff would be far more concerning than whatever this was.
The fact that he slid so bad makes me think that there’s some questionable judgment being demonstrated by many clubs as they’re trying to balance the talent v image line.

Reminds me of us with the infamous Petracca failed the psych test rubbish - don’t want to outsmart yourself. Wouldn’t it be sweat to finally put that to bed by recruiting the biggest slider super star of all timer - oh to dream

Sanctorum
Club Player

You might have something there skeptic.

In the the current 'woke' era of political correctness it is not at all surprising that some clubs will have dismissed Schoenmaker lest his past history, even if of trivial concern, might be evidence of the club having a poor culture.

I'm banking on St Kilda's list management team to have done their due diligence of Schoenmaker's past and that Arie himself will let his footy do the talking!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist