Strength & Loyalty Program thoughts?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Strength & Loyalty Program thoughts?

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 5:55pm Yeah, next time your on the Fraser Coast call in to my other truck stop near my home.
I'll fix you up with a litre of fuel, a Mars bar and coke.
I'm many a year from retirement age but when that day arrives and life feels like it has no purpose anymore then sure...anything is possible at that point.

Saintmike65
Club Player

Playing the devils advocate, the club needs to get itself out of the debt they’ve incurred…not keep going back to the well with us supporters.
Financial mismanagement and lack of success has been the result of incompetence for most of the 150 years!

linz
Club Player

As a member for 53 years I'm a little bit resentful of this new grab for funds. I reckon I've done my bit.

During much of the late 70's and all of the eighties we were struggling on-field and consequently our membership numbers declined. Despite this I soldiered on joining every year even though there were better ways to spend the money.
When Lindsay Fox bought in his scheme of arrangement and when the club narrowly survived extinction, I bought a Hugal & Hoyal alarm system for about $300 at a silent auction. The alarm system worked for a couple of years. My wife at the time questioned WTF? We didn't really need the alarm system but hey; I was helping the Saints survive and I was supporting our major sponsor at the time.

A few years later, I encouraged the club to sign up sponsors who would offer supporters discounts for supporting the Saints and also make profits for the sponsors. The idea was to approach local businesses in our catchment area.
I encouraged a sponsors discount book to be posted out to members offering discounts to Saints members. This was introduced under Andrew Plympton's Presidency but unfortunately wasn't followed through. In my mind, we had to offer more incentives for our members because our football side was still very ordinary.

I think if anything; the club should offer free membership after 50 years as a reward for putting up with mediocrity rather than being asked to asked to give a percentage of their estate when they cark it. I think my kids might need it more at this stage.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 6:40pm ....

I encouraged the club to sign up sponsors who would offer supporters discounts for supporting the Saints and also make profits for the sponsors.

New sponsor for the St Kilda FC.

https://www.saints.com.au/news/1472153/ ... -wild-ride

To celebrate Gumbuya World joining the Saints family, Saints members can access 2 for 1 tickets across December* conditions apply

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 6:40pm As a member for 53 years I'm a little bit resentful of this new grab for funds. I reckon I've done my bit.

During much of the late 70's and all of the eighties we were struggling on-field and consequently our membership numbers declined. Despite this I soldiered on joining every year even though there were better ways to spend the money.
When Lindsay Fox bought in his scheme of arrangement and when the club narrowly survived extinction, I bought a Hugal & Hoyal alarm system for about $300 at a silent auction. The alarm system worked for a couple of years. My wife at the time questioned WTF? We didn't really need the alarm system but hey; I was helping the Saints survive and I was supporting our major sponsor at the time.

A few years later, I encouraged the club to sign up sponsors who would offer supporters discounts for supporting the Saints and also make profits for the sponsors. The idea was to approach local businesses in our catchment area.
I encouraged a sponsors discount book to be posted out to members offering discounts to Saints members. This was introduced under Andrew Plympton's Presidency but unfortunately wasn't followed through. In my mind, we had to offer more incentives for our members because our football side was still very ordinary.

I think if anything; the club should offer free membership after 50 years as a reward for putting up with mediocrity rather than being asked to asked to give a percentage of their estate when they cark it. I think my kids might need it more at this stage.
I hear ya brother. Remember those shares ? Another way of extracting… anyway did it because of the love for the club along with the money raising during the sos campaign
If it wasn’t for people like us we may interstate now or kaput

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 12:28pm Playing the devils advocate, the club needs to get itself out of the debt they’ve incurred…not keep going back to the well with us supporters.
Financial mismanagement and lack of success has been the result of incompetence for most of the 150 years!
And another year goes by where we have to listen to the board pat itself on the back for reducing debt. Looking forward to the year the board announces a profit for the 10th consecutive year.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

A sustained period of top 4 finishes and an exciting brand with high scoring is the solution. I think the club has an opportunity with this current crop to become a top 4 team.

It'll boost revenue from sponsorship, membership, merch, attendance, and everything else that flows on from increased media exposure

Are there any 'Craigs' we could employ as coaches?

They've done the double in 2023 - men's and women's