Break a leg, Arryn Siposs !! 🏈 🦅

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Break a leg, Arryn Siposs !! 🏈 🦅

The_Dud wrote: Thu 16 Feb 2023 1:05am
skeptic wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2023 4:50pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 14 Feb 2023 10:58pm I think a few have rose coloured glasses on! Siposs unfortunately stuffed it, his job is to make sure the returner isn’t in a position to return the ball.

Good analysis from a Special Teams expert

Not arguing that the kick was good but trying to pin this kick as the game swinger is a bit rich.

Apart from the fact that one can easily maintain the argument that the tackle was on there for 4 odd players and they fluffed it and let start that run is equally if not poorer… but more that that, I would argue that the turnover in the first quarter when the eagles were up, had possession and the player fumbled the ball and gave it directly to the chiefs for their first touch down out of nowhere against the play was way way worse than that kick
I think you’re talking about Hurts’s fumble in the second quarter which gave the Chiefs their second TD. Yep that hurt (pun) but he also put the team on his back and had an outstanding game. I think he has something like a 95% win rate when up by double figures at half time.

Punt returners are chosen for a reason, and Toney is one of the most dynamic young players in the league. If you give players like that room to move in the open field they will cut you up, especially when the defenders are all out of position.

Giving Mahomes the ball 5 yards out from the endzone instead of on his own 20 yard line with scores basically tied in the 4th quarter is a killer. You’ve handed all the advantage and momentum over and are now chasing the game.

Hopefully Siposs is back next year (the NFL is notoriously brutal, especially on punters/kickers) and gets another opportunity to preform in a big game.
Hi Dud, yep that’s the play I’m referring two (it’s all blurred). I don’t disagree with what you’re saying in general but can only go back to my previous post… Philadelphia made a number of really costly errors in that which is why they ultimately didn’t win despite IMO bring the dominant force for the majority… especially the first half.

Their defence in particular was shown up quite badly.

That being said… I thought they were on the bad end of a few lousy ref calls with their offence

IMO this is the type of game where it’s really easy to point fingers at particular individuals here and there but really, no one error was particularly damming… least of all the Siposs one that has all of a sudden gained legs as this big moment in Super Bowl history.

The bottom line is that ultimately they lacked polish and the Chiefs hammered them when they got their limited opportunities against the run of play.

Personally… I’d view this more as a team capitulation or the case of a higher level of class shining through rather than indulging a need to point fingers… least of settling on one kick from one player being the difference.

King Max
Club Player

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we share the love

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Rookie list him, he can kick out from full back.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Siposs is currently punting in the Eagles game, was elevated from the practice squad (same as last week), not sure what happened to the punter they signed in his place.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
King Max
Club Player

I don’t think they actually signed one.

Strange country. Strange sport.

I think they have to resign him if he plays a certain number of games.

Does anyone know what happened to Bailey Rice? He seems to have not gone back to Charlotte.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Joining Hawks as a development coach

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/1472 ... xperiences