Highlights packages

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Highlights packages

Who puts them together, and why do they think watching a player kick a set shot from 15m is a highlight?!

I’m much more interested in how they get the ball, what they do without the ball.

Not just simple goals they kick.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Highlights packages

Anyone with a decent camera and mic and hundreds of hours on there hands, could spend a fortune going around making highlight films of what guys do down the other end of the field when the ball is not around.

They could posyt them here, all summer, and we could go through them and do recruiting from an armchair, behind our computers..

Sorry. Im just taking the piss. Cause it's funny.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Saintsational...Tackling the big issues in footy!

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

B.M wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 9:28pm Who puts them together, and why do they think watching a player kick a set shot from 15m is a highlight?!

I’m much more interested in how they get the ball, what they do without the ball.

Not just simple goals they kick.
I believe they use AI to stitch the highlights together- hence sometimes it isn't so much a highlight and just a possession.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Highlights packages can be misleading. That's why having competent recruiting staff is critical. All I know is Chris Toce is far better at his job than Eshaug was and thank goodness for that!!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 3:17pm Highlights packages can be misleading. That's why having competent recruiting staff is critical. All I know is Chris Toce is far better at his job than Eshaug was and thank goodness for that!!
I just think when you inherit a great list, you worry less about soft cap expense on recruiting because you focus on flags not development.

This plan is different.

We have leads in the state leagues well established in SA and now we have taken youth from WA.

We are now moving into elite junior player development through Sandy directly ith a tookie selection on offer and through the NGA in alignment with The Coates Talent Comp, the 14's & 16's regional interleague teams and the Dandenong Stringrays and Sandringham Dragons. There are clear pathways steered by us in our zones. There is long term viability and valuable connection to player development.

If this is what we want a loyalty fund for, then it looks like we intend to be loyal to our zone.

That will bring membership, money and more talent to choose from, just by being a part of the pathway.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Yet all that probably doesn't matter when we still only get 2 games at the MCG compared Marvel co-tenants Carlton & Essendon being afforded 9 & 8 games respectively next season

Yeah yeah .... doesn't matter where we play ... blah blah blah ... play anywhere .... beat any team ... blah blah blah

AFL only care about the cashola .... pretty sickening to think that Carlton & Essendon (both Marvel tenants) get favorable MCG treatment over other Marvel tenants ..... the level playing field is more like the north face of Everest

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 4:09pm Yet all that probably doesn't matter when we still only get 2 games at the MCG compared Marvel co-tenants Carlton & Essendon being afforded 9 & 8 games respectively next season

Yeah yeah .... doesn't matter where we play ... blah blah blah ... play anywhere .... beat any team ... blah blah blah

AFL only care about the cashola .... pretty sickening to think that Carlton & Essendon (both Marvel tenants) get favorable MCG treatment over other Marvel tenants ..... the level playing field is more like the north face of Everest
Let's get to 80k membership or regular finals first maybe. Entitlement is real, first you have to have some.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 4:38pm
Devilhead wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 4:09pm Yet all that probably doesn't matter when we still only get 2 games at the MCG compared Marvel co-tenants Carlton & Essendon being afforded 9 & 8 games respectively next season

Let's get to 80k membership or regular finals first maybe. Entitlement is real, first you have to have some.
are you sure these membership numbers aren't for cats N dogs for the club to cook the books and qualify for those good ole government grants?

Long live Jeff Kennet and the inventor of rorting government funding and the taxation system for clubs through dodgy membership numbers...love that guy.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 6:59pm

are you sure these membership numbers aren't for cats N dogs for the club to cook the books and qualify for those good ole government grants?

Long live Jeff Kennet and the inventor of rorting government funding and the taxation system for clubs through dodgy membership numbers...love that guy.
You can sign up your inflatable girlfriend or not. That is irrelevant.

You can also take your plate to the 'all you can eat' AFL TV rights banquet and not worry, win or lose.

If you wanna win it you gotta be in it, not just making up numbers. I think Ive heard you sat that.

Our traditional working class zoned suburbs have a lot of new faces in them.

They didn't grow up playing footy and a lot of them aren't working class.

They AFL has seen growth in membership for 30 of the last 32 years.

The last time we were in this position, we let Ross Lyon go, we've been forced to sell our souls for Community engagement and handouts and we sat down there in Seaford and copped it on the chin.

I dont like the dialogue either Ross, ffs let's change it.
Last edited by CQ SAINT on Tue 28 Nov 2023 7:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 7:32pm

You can also take your plate to the 'all you can eat' AFL TV rights banquet and not worry, win or lose.

If you wanna win it you gotta be in it, not just making up numbers. I think Ive heard you sat that.

The last time we were in this position, we let Ross Lyon go, we've been forced to sell our soles for Community engagement and handouts and we sat down there in Seaford and copped it on the chin.

where are these inflatable girlfriends you speak of that enjoy the footy so much that they would want a membership ?

sounds like a unicorn but If they exist then I'm getting a divorce tomorrow.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 7:39pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 7:32pm

The last time we were in this position, we let Ross Lyon go, we've been forced to sell our soles for Community engagement and handouts and we sat down there in Seaford and copped it on the chin.

where are these inflatable girlfriends you speak of that enjoy the footy so much that they would want a membership ?

sounds like a unicorn but If they exist then I'm getting a divorce tomorrow.
Doubt your husband will be happy with your life choice and a divorce, but what the hell!

If I see you at the footy sitting there holding hands and sharing a four’n’twenty with an inflatable latex partner, I’ll be the first one to say hello and shout you both an Aperol Spritz.

Go for it 👍

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 9:02pm

and shout you both an Aperol Spritz.

Why does it feel like that’s the only bit that is a back hander…🤔😛

SaintWiki
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 10:58am Anyone with a decent camera and mic and hundreds of hours on there hands, could spend a fortune going around making highlight films of what guys do down the other end of the field when the ball is not around.

They could posyt them here, all summer, and we could go through them and do recruiting from an armchair, behind our computers..

Sorry. Im just taking the piss. Cause it's funny.
Yep :D :D - Surely the OP is taking the piss. I am always very glad to see the highlights of new and potential players - and even someone as barren upstairs as me knows full well they are not necessarily accurate accounts.

So thankful to get the training reports here on SS too - and feel very privileged.