INs & OUTs 20% Turnover

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWiki
Club Player

Re: INs & OUTs 20% Turnover

Last year is a long time for this 73 year old, and now an entirely different period for our club. The players we have picked up this trading season look really good but only time will tell after we give them every assistance we have available to us.

Long gone are the days that we hastily grab yesterdays superstars for magical answers and pray for good luck, and instead have a one year positive draft (perhaps two) for our future prospects, and pretty well manoeuvred right under the media radar.

I just want to focus on the future of our club - The finally rejuvenated, dynamic and long term successful team with a shaky history, and look forward to watching our growth.

By God, to think of the way our club is now operating is unbelievably great compared to the past decade.

Look at the coach (also a shaky past) a man without the ultimate goal but looks to me like he really, really wants to retire as a Premiership coach, Then there is Harves, Lenny and the other fella from down the road whose understanding of defence is second to very few, even the guys upstairs seem to be taking their jobs seriously .. and it also feels good knowing BJ is running around down RSEA park (hope he still is).

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

From 2021 to 2023 we've brought in these players. Age at round one next year

Heath 21
Sharman 23
Wanganeen-Milera 21
Owens 20
Windhager 20
Phillipou 19
Van Es 19
Hotton 19
Keeler 19
McLennan 20
Caminiti 20
Wilson 18
Collard 18
Hastie 18
Garcia 18
Schoenmaker 19
O'Connell 20
Cordy 27
Hayes 28
Stocker 24
Henry 22
Dow 24
Bonner 27

That's an entire football team

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 10:15am From 2021 to 2023 we've brought in these players. Age at round one next year

Heath 21
Sharman 23
Wanganeen-Milera 21
Owens 20
Windhager 20
Phillipou 19
Van Es 19
Hotton 19
Keeler 19
McLennan 20
Caminiti 20
Wilson 18
Collard 18
Hastie 18
Garcia 18
Schoenmaker 19
O'Connell 20
Cordy 27
Hayes 28
Stocker 24
Henry 22
Dow 24
Bonner 27

That's an entire football team
So...they told members a few porkies in 2022 when Ratts was sacked. As soon as Ross came on board they then hinted that we "might go backward before going forward".

I get what they meant now. Lyon and the new coaching structure was set up to basically rebuild the footy department and essentially conduct a covert rebuild

I'm all for it and thought it should have happened after the Cho years.

A 'covert rebuild' is one where your club doesn't declare they're going to do it and it just unfolds that way without the president or coaches or anyone mentioning the word rebuild

Well played by the St Kilda FC 👏

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I'm delighted by the direction taken by the club.

We still have a competent core of senior players, so these younger guys don't have to be thrown in the deep to get smashed around.

Obviously, there are some who won't make it, but I love the fact that we've already drafted Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager, Caminiti, Phillipou, and added Stocker. Dow, and Henry who we know can play.

I'm excited by the potential in Keeler, Hotton, Wilson, Hastie, and Collard, too.

The appointment of Chris Toce as head of recruiting was the first major step in the right direction. Next was the appointment of Lyon and his support team. Lyon was strong on going to the draft and thank goodness he was.