Gresham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gresham

Duursma nominated for the same spot he couldn't hold at Port. Part time mid forward.

Gresh is the better forward.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 2:18pm f*** you Dodoro. 🖕🏿

Call it off.

Walk away SOS.
Yeah, Dildoro always f****** us! :evil:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 5:33pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 5:30pm So Gresham asked to be trade to the Bombers without knowing the offer?

Is Gresham’s manager an incompetent f***wit?
It would appear Essendon would like to think so.

Meaning we went cold on Shiel when they asked for too much. They don't need Jade but they would like to get Shiel off the books.

I'm wondering if that noise about us trading pick 13 back to Essendon for Shiel was actually the deluded ramblings of Dodoro and he's spat the dummy after we shut that ridiculous idea down.

If Essendon's offer isn't high enough to trigger a first round compo pick then I hope we match and keep Gresham

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 9:58pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 5:30pm So Gresham asked to be trade to the Bombers without knowing the offer?

Meaning we went cold on Shiel when they asked for too much. They don't need Jade but they would like to get Shiel off the books.

I'm wondering if that noise about us trading pick 13 back to Essendon for Shiel was actually the deluded ramblings of Dodoro and he's spat the dummy after we shut that ridiculous idea down.

If Essendon's offer isn't high enough to trigger a first round compo pick then I hope we match and keep Gresham
When a player nominates a club. it's the point of no return, why would you want to pay overs for a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore?

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 10:26pm

When a player nominates a club. it's the point of no return, why would you want to pay overs for a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore?
It's happened plenty of times. Rarely a disaster.

These players are professionals.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 11:10pm

When a player wants out it’s always a disaster if you can’t get him out of the joint quickly. The resentment is palpable and infectious.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon came back to St.Kilda. id say anything could happen.

He wants better money, we want better players. No real drama there.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 8:45am Ross Lyon came back to St.Kilda. id say anything could happen.

He wants better money, we want better players. No real drama there.
Surely Gresh got an in-principle agreement with the Dons on the contract value before telling the club?

Can you see a scenario that ends well for the employee and employer where the employee feels he’s worth much more than what the employer thinks he’s worth?

Now can you see a good outcome for the Dons if Gresh feels like he got screwed by the Dons but had to take the offer because he’d burnt his bridges with us?

It’s why I think there’s more to this story, Gresh will be at the Dons next year no question about it, it’s just a matter of how much we can extract from the Dons which is where the whole dance is taking place.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 8:09am

When a player wants out it’s always a disaster if you can’t get him out of the joint quickly. The resentment is palpable and infectious.
I tend to agree with you, but throw you a Ryan O’Keefe or a Tom Papley who both wanted to leave Sydney, a deal couldn’t be done and they stayed playing really good football.

As long as Gresham is not departing on bad terms I’m sure we’d be happy to throw an arm around him and keep him at the Saints.

Isn’t his best mate Roma?

Imagine a forward line containing team oriented players like Gresham and Stringer 😉

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 11:01am
Vortex wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 8:09am

I tend to agree with you, but throw you a Ryan O’Keefe or a Tom Papley who both wanted to leave Sydney, a deal couldn’t be done and they stayed playing really good football.

As long as Gresham is not departing on bad terms I’m sure we’d be happy to throw an arm around him and keep him at the Saints.

Isn’t his best mate Roma?

Imagine a forward line containing team oriented players like Gresham and Stringer 😉
Yes those are two examples where the players were convinced to stay but you’d hazard a guess the players value was negotiated successfully to the players satisfaction. The Swans are good at that type of player management, us not so much.

The vibe is Lyon thought Gresh was already getting overs as well as having trouble embracing and/or being capable of executing Lyons coaching. Gresh clearly thought he was worth more money and the opportunity to play his way.

If the Dons offered Gresh more money but didn’t commit to ensuring the trade would get done then Gresh is about to find out what it’s like having a pineapple inserted in your bot-bot…rough end first.

seano1
Club Player

Mckay going to Essendon gave north no3 compensation pick …..he was drafted 21 in 2015 …gresh was drafted at no 18 same year . So would that mean we get no2 compensation pick ? L doubt it the AFL are gunna screw us again. By the way that 2015 draft gave us fa . We gotta get better at this s***

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 4:36pm
Sanctorum wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 3:19pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 2:29pm The impasse at this juncture is Gresh wants out, read doesn’t want to play for Lyon.
That contradicts reports I've come across that quote Gresham saying he likes playing for Lyon, he certainly was never dropped even when his form declined towards the end of the season. It's more likely that his manager has informed him that he'll get a better deal with Essendon than St Kilda are likely to offer him.

When the Bombers put a firm offer on the table tomorrow, if St Kilda is unhappy with the compensation pick from the AFL he might end up staying put.

Personally, I hope it will turn out that he does move to Windy Hill, on quite a few occasions he's played for himself rather than his team.
As Kevin Bartlett has always said, AFL is the language of lying.

Or as I like to say, if their lips are moving, they are lying.

Make no mistake about it, Gresh wants out.
A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.” — H.L. Mencken

Reckon that sums you up pretty well Vortex when it comes to matters pertaining to St Kilda FC, imagine that when others see a cloud with a silver lining you believe it's really ominously dark.....

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

seano1 wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 12:12pm Mckay going to Essendon gave north no3 compensation pick …..he was drafted 21 in 2015 …gresh was drafted at no 18 same year . So would that mean we get no2 compensation pick ? L doubt it the AFL are gunna screw us again. By the way that 2015 draft gave us fa . We gotta get better at this s***
Get better at what?

Compensation? The AFL determine compensation, not us.

Drafting? See the last few years. We have got better.

Trading? We are looking to inject youthful talent (Dow, Henry) and go to the draft (two first round picks). As well as move on overpaid fringe players with currency (Gresham, Coffield, Billings).

Not sure what else people expect the club to do?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 1:43pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 4:36pm
Sanctorum wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 3:19pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 11 Oct 2023 2:29pm The impasse at this juncture is Gresh wants out, read doesn’t want to play for Lyon.
That contradicts reports I've come across that quote Gresham saying he likes playing for Lyon, he certainly was never dropped even when his form declined towards the end of the season. It's more likely that his manager has informed him that he'll get a better deal with Essendon than St Kilda are likely to offer him.

When the Bombers put a firm offer on the table tomorrow, if St Kilda is unhappy with the compensation pick from the AFL he might end up staying put.

Personally, I hope it will turn out that he does move to Windy Hill, on quite a few occasions he's played for himself rather than his team.
As Kevin Bartlett has always said, AFL is the language of lying.

Or as I like to say, if their lips are moving, they are lying.

Make no mistake about it, Gresh wants out.
A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.” — H.L. Mencken

Reckon that sums you up pretty well Vortex when it comes to matters pertaining to St Kilda FC, imagine that when others see a cloud with a silver lining you believe it's really ominously dark.....
You say cynic I say realist.

Ok then, while we are sharing personal thoughts of each other, you strike me as being a happy clapper:

of or denoting a form of evangelical Christianity in which members of the congregation sing and clap enthusiastically during acts of worship.

Am I right Sanctorum?

I am aren’t I ? be honest

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Story so far: Essendon has given JG's manager undertakings which he has encouraged Jade to take up. Essendon and JG think they cannot be worse off however it plays out; for one Saints have proven inept at trading and another JG has tickets on himself and is prone to flattery from the Sash and his manager is a grifter.
But the Conundrum:
Can Essendon pitch a bid that is high enough that we won't match it but at the same time low enough it won't trigger good compo and at the same time makes JG richer over the next few years. I don't think there is an app for that calculation.

If Essendon try to bluff and go lowish because it figures dumb Saints will give Jade's wish to leave primacy, then Jade is probably no better off financially in the medium term and if we do match he might find himself languishing at Sandringham, his market value mightily decreased with Saints using him as back up material and a tackling bag. That would send out the message we are not pushovers any more. Under this scenario, Essendon is no worse off, JG is a lot worse off, nil sum for the Saints. Manager 0 - Clubs 1. Waste of time and energy. Anyway Dodoro is probably in a quandary trying to play his next card. What does he want more: screw the Saints for the fun of it or land JG.

Meanwhile, can any one remind me of the last time JG did a selfless desperate act in the back line, goal saving spoil or tackle, gut running to provide a target for a get out of trouble kick, that kind of thing. Does he have a highlights package of acts behind the centre square.

To be continued...

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 4:37pm...he might find himself languishing at Sandringham...
That's a big leap. He played all but one game this season.
Despite his shortcomings, he is one of the few players that can regularly win the ball out of the centre. He's also a clever small forward. By all reports, he gets along with the coach and the selection record would back that up.
Unless we get a 1st round pick, we should keep him.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The Free Agency deal for Gresham has to be done by 5.oo pm Friday 13th October (tomorrow) or they have missed the boat.
Saints will have 3 days to match the offer if Essendon table one.

Then it's a trade, PSD or we offer him a 1 year deal at $350k, how would the ego be if that happened. :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Club Player

First round pick for Gresham is a great result for us.
For a guy not in our best 15 players it is a really good return.
If it’s 2nd round compo then we should match and force a trade or make him sweat through the draft. Hopefully WCE take him.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

As a side thought, how is it that Dodoro has such a high profile?

I could barely name 4 or 5 list managers but this guy is known to most supporters.

He’s been in the role at Essendon 22 years and they haven’t won a final since 2004.

He also looks like someone who would have very severe halitosis.

loris
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 7:16pm

Agree totally D.B.C. I think he would be like’Pig Pen’ from the Peanuts cartoon series. ……. There would be a cloud of stench that surrounds him. The only difference, his would be a yucky 🤢 adult stench surrounding him, ie., stale cigarette, stale beer, unwashed oily hair. Plus I bet he has additional putrid habits of farting and burping in public. Worse still, I’m sure he would be forever adjusting & scratching his balls in public as he wears ill fitting undies.
Not an attractive male at all IMHO

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

loris wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 8:01pm

Agree totally D.B.C. I think he would be like’Pig Pen’ from the Peanuts cartoon series. ……. There would be a cloud of stench that surrounds him. The only difference, his would be a yucky 🤢 adult stench surrounding him, ie., stale cigarette, stale beer, unwashed oily hair. Plus I bet he has additional putrid habits of farting and burping in public. Worse still, I’m sure he would be forever adjusting & scratching his balls in public as he wears ill fitting undies.
He’s the scum of the earth. Absolute DILDO-ro

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

loris wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 8:01pm

😂😂😂

Now that is next level loris.

He certainly is no Mason Wood in the looks department 😉

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe that because Dodo is stringing us along people are now focusing in on his looks, his balls and his bell end.

No wonder he's stepping down as list manager. :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Banger9798
SS Life Member

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2023 7:16pm As a side thought, how is it that Dodoro has such a high profile?

I could barely name 4 or 5 list managers but this guy is known to most supporters.

He’s been in the role at Essendon 22 years and they haven’t won a final since 2004.

Probably because he is a grandstanding c***, who holds up trade period every year so he feels significant

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I just can’t see us drafting a player in a weak draft with a second round pick that will play as many senior games as Gresh already has - or as many games as Gresh will play from this point forward.
It’s a first round or match for me.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.