Paddr Ryder incident vis-a-vis Maynard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Paddr Ryder incident vis-a-vis Maynard

Check out the commentary surrounding last year's Paddy Ryder-Will Day incident compared to what we're getting from the same people re Maynard-Brayshaw. Unbelievable!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddr Ryder incident vis-a-vis wMaynard

Unbelievable.

Robbo and Whateley are clueless morons. They change their opinion on reports as often as the wind changes direction.

From memory this went to the tribunal but it wasn’t challenged by the club?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddr Ryder incident vis-a-vis Maynard

Everything about that is wrong

Ryder got suspended because someone ran into him and concussed themselves. He basically just stood his ground!

McKay ran past the footy and smashed Hunter Clark’s face in

Not an issue though

saint6709
Club Player

The 'footy act' bulls*** was clearly called into the rooms pretty well immediately from a pies lawyer and they've stuck with it ever since.

he was in the air with outstretched arms - and although not being able to control his trajectory he had full control of his arms, legs etc - unless a pies physicist can explain otherwise.

he could have chosen to leave his arms outstretched and met Brayshaws shoulders ( or there abouts) reasonably safely with outstretched hands.

But he decided - in mid air - yep the brain still functions in mid air - again unless a pies neurologist or some such can tell me otherwise - he decided to tuck his arms in and drop and point his shoulder and hit the guy in the face - he should get about 6 weeks - maybe more depending on Brayshaws return to the game

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Barry Hall was a footy act, when he dropped Matt Maguire 100m off the ball!

Or was it a dog act?

Not sure 🤔

Rourke

The Ryder suspension was manifestly unjust. Slowed to a literal stop, started to brace 5 frames (0.2 seconds) before Day blindly ran into him. Maynard arguably had more bracing time and more culpability, but he should still get off. Brayshaw shifts right after he kicks the ball and ends up in Maynard's direct path.

Once they acquit Maynard the Tribunal should give a public apology to Paddy. Media too

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 12 Sep 2023 7:16pm Unbelievable.

Robbo and Whateley are clueless morons. They change their opinion on reports as often as the wind changes direction.

I NEVER watch them, read their articles, listen to radio, in short: I NEVER patronise the media, it does absolutely phuck ALL to improve my enjoyment of watching my club play footy.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Apparently Collingwood are also arguing that Brayshaw veered into Maynard's lane (this is what I'm hearing from my Pies friends).

They've highlighted purple and yellow lanes to show each player's movement and the Pies lawyers are saying that Brayshaw moved towards Maynard. He crossed lanes...

JFC. This isn't an Olympic track event ffs!!

Just another way of saying that it's Brayshaw's fault that he got concussion. Blame the victim.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 12 Sep 2023 8:03pm Apparently Collingwood are also arguing that Brayshaw veered into Maynard's lane (this is what I'm hearing from my Pies friends).

They've highlighted purple and yellow lanes to show each player's movement and the Pies lawyers are saying that Brayshaw moved towards Maynard. He crossed lanes...

JFC. This isn't an Olympic track event ffs!!

Just another way of saying that it's Brayshaw's fault that he got concussion. Blame the victim.
Bradshaw took a half step to the right after kicking it - looking at it he would have been worse off if he maintained the line as he would have copped the shoulder straight in the face

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 12 Sep 2023 7:16pm Unbelievable.

The Ryder case was from a different era - bull tish result - but a different era

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Templar
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 12 Sep 2023 9:01pm The Ryder case was from a different era - bull tish result - but a different era
True. AFL is now a different game year after year. (Historical player records have also become meaningless.)

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Probably time to move on…

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 12 Sep 2023 10:04pm Probably time to move on…
Yes. It's the sealed section of the offence matrix and not seeing it publicly that can cause confusion/frustration to us amateurs.
Two hidden columns. Club. Finals.
Clubs: some clubs are exempt from sanctions at the discretion of the ex Collingwood player or executive intervention. Others are to be caned mercilessly.
Finals: unless it's a clear elbow or punch to the opponent's head by a non Brownlow winner, it's a pass.