I have a feeling ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: I have a feeling ....

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 3:30am
Rubyjo wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 12:18am As if we will beat the tigers ,cats and Brisbane ...we are totally shot ..100%...proof Is in the pudding ..that last half against the blues was the end ..it's obvious .
Ross has lost the players.
At 3qtr time, as the huddle dispersed, Steele had this look on his face that said 'I have no idea what we're doing'.

If he's confused, god help the rest of them.

He and Crouch had zero touches in the last.
Donut Kings.

Players have given up already.
Booked end of season trips.
Checked out mentally
That's funny WS, you're interpreting a certain look on Steele's face and make a deduction that he has no idea what he's supposed to do in the last quarter???

Is that a reflection on Lenny Hayes coaching, the midfield is after all his portfolio???

Steele's form in most games this season has been well below his previous years best, a lot due to the shoulder injury from which he declared himself fit to play far too soon.

The real issue is that St Kilda's midfield stocks lacks the quality players to compete with the top teams, there's not a single one that would get a game with Collingwood, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Brisbane.

It speaks volumes about this problem that Seb Ross, who's in the twilight of his career and not exactly a dynamic hard running attacking player, is named in the centre against Richmond.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I really don't agree with Wellards post. I don't agree that Steele should be replaced as captain. That would be an incredibly reactive decision!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Out: R.Byrnes (omitted), A.Caminiti (omitted), H.Clark (omitted)

I definitely don't mind that!

Clark can leave with Gresham. He's been a waste.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
mickey
Club Player

Due to my bias I think every player is a star but I come on here and read what others think and look a bit closer and here's what I've noticed ...

Clark is great and flashy on the inside but gee he looks bad on the outside. Fitness.
Windhager was our gun coming into the year... put a midfielder down back and watch his passion fall away. Attacking players create, they don't defend.
I love Ross Lyon but he promised we'd be more attacking, why are we always second to the ball.. especially in the middle.
I agree with all of you on Gresham unfortunately.. overrated.
Our defence is the reason we're in the 8.
Our kids are amazing and we will benefit from Ross playing them for years to come.
The King Boys bodies aren't standing up to AFL.
Caminiti plays bad when King is in the team.
Wilkie is our leader, we all know it.
Membrey is so important to us, hoping he goes well this week because no teams have a match up for him.

My opinion and I hope I don't offend, we all want the same thing.

PS. Forgive me for sinning, I'm barracking for the Pies and it's killing me

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 6:03pm Out: R.Byrnes (omitted), A.Caminiti (omitted), H.Clark (omitted)

I definitely don't mind that!

Clark can leave with Gresham. He's been a waste.
It was strange at training today seeing Caminiti and Byrnes training with the sandy squad, at that point i didn't know Byrnes had been dumped.

I don't think Clark trained today.

I had to laugh when Cordy was clean bowled by a ground ball in match sim and he turned to his teammate and said he expected it to bounce up, but it didn't. He is an ordinary runner.
I'd like to see Cooper and Cordy in a sprint race, why, because watching Cooper today his chasing ability was/is poor, the harder he tries to run causes him to wobble from side to side.
And poor Coops was still dropping marks, i so wanted to walk up behind Batch or BJ and ask them can someone improve his marking technique, can someone teach him to run, then i thought,
not my job. :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 11:52am A cold shower should fix that.
:lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
1965 Saint
Club Player

Geelong’s lost tonight so my earlier post about the potential to lose to Richmond and Brisbane but beat Geelong and make the 8 is alive and well.

1965 Saint
Club Player

Geelong’s lost tonight so my earlier post about the potential to lose to Richmond and Brisbane but beat Geelong and make the 8 is alive and well.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

T.Stewart will try to take one or more of our guys out early next week. Can't be bombing in high to give him opportunities.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 12:12am T.Stewart will try to take one or more of our guys out early next week. Can't be bombing in high to give him opportunities.
More than likely.

darylcowie
Club Player

mickey wrote: Wed 09 Aug 2023 8:21pm We make the eight ... just !

I think we can win the next 2. People forget how important Membrey is to this team. He played well last week and King has a game under his belt. Our midfield have had the blowtorch on them and we play at home.

I'll stay positive until the "plus size" lady sings.
Metabolically-challenged lady surely.
Wokesters will only allow gender diverse people to own their mental health choices, never their dietary choices though.

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

darylcowie wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 2:23pm
mickey wrote: Wed 09 Aug 2023 8:21pm We make the eight ... just !

I think we can win the next 2. People forget how important Membrey is to this team. He played well last week and King has a game under his belt. Our midfield have had the blowtorch on them and we play at home.

I'll stay positive until the "plus size" lady sings.
Metabolically-challenged lady surely.
Wokesters will only allow gender diverse people to own their mental health choices, never their dietary choices though.
So unlike wokesters, when you behave like a d**khead or if you make a d**khead comment, you take responsibility and you own it

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 3:33pm
WellardSaint wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 3:30am
Rubyjo wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 12:18am As if we will beat the tigers ,cats and Brisbane ...we are totally shot ..100%...proof Is in the pudding ..that last half against the blues was the end ..it's obvious .
Ross has lost the players.
At 3qtr time, as the huddle dispersed, Steele had this look on his face that said 'I have no idea what we're doing'.

If he's confused, god help the rest of them.

He and Crouch had zero touches in the last.
Donut Kings.

Players have given up already.
Booked end of season trips.
Checked out mentally
That's funny WS, you're interpreting a certain look on Steele's face and make a deduction that he has no idea what he's supposed to do in the last quarter???

Is that a reflection on Lenny Hayes coaching, the midfield is after all his portfolio???

Steele's form in most games this season has been well below his previous years best, a lot due to the shoulder injury from which he declared himself fit to play far too soon.

The real issue is that St Kilda's midfield stocks lacks the quality players to compete with the top teams, there's not a single one that would get a game with Collingwood, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Brisbane.

It speaks volumes about this problem that Seb Ross, who's in the twilight of his career and not exactly a dynamic hard running attacking player, is named in the centre against Richmond.
Good post agreed
Our midfield quality is bottom 4
Let’s face it we’ve neglected it for years …taken every other toe player except mids …here we are

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's not only about the quality of your midfield. They need to gell and play for each other. They need a game plan and system they believe in.

Melbourne last night had a midfield of Gawn, Grundy, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver ...all of them All Australians ...

Up against Carlton's TDK, Pittonet, Cripps, Docherty and Hewitt.

Melbourne's back up mids and wing/HFF are Viney, Sparrow, Langdon, N-Bullen and L Hunter

Carlton has Fisher, Acres, Hollands, P Dow, and L Fogarty

On paper... Carlton shouldn't have got close. Melbourne struggled to create forward entries. In the first half Carlton dominated with 37 x i50's to Melbourne only 17

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 3:17am It's not only about the quality of your midfield. They need to gell and play for each other. They need a game plan and system they believe in.

Melbourne last night had a midfield of Gawn, Grundy, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver ...all of them All Australians ...

Melbourne's back up mids and wing/HFF are Viney, Sparrow, Langdon, N-Bullen and L Hunter

On paper... Carlton shouldn't have got close. Melbourne struggled to create forward entries. In the first half Carlton dominated with 37 x i50's to Melbourne only 17
I can see your point Scollop but don't agree. In footy tipping I had Carlton winning by 4 goals. They are the best side in the League at the moment, and Dees did very well to get within 4 pts.

Carlton's last 8 games -

GC by 59
Haw 60
Freo 53
Port 50
WC 71
Coll 17
Saints 19
Dees 4

Dominant wins in there, and some very good sides. They are playing with confidence (the most important word in sport), and do not expect to lose. On paper does not matter. They have injuries, but others like Dow have stepped up. I reckon Dees are missing Fritsch more than Carlton are missing a couple of mids.

Fortunately, being Carlton, they will probably drop off a bit in the next few weeks.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 3:17am It's not only about the quality of your midfield. They need to gell and play for each other. They need a game plan and system they believe in.

Something that could be impacting the top 4 teams is their loading and unloading phases of training in preparation of finals.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Given Carlton’s form, were the first 3 quarters of last week’s game exceptional?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's pretty clear most in this forum have years of pessimism ingrained in their thoughts.

We are actually playing like a rebuilding team - inconsistent and hot patches in games and in season. Look at Adelaide.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 09 Aug 2023 11:13pm Might come down to how Jack Steele plays. I have a feeling he is playing sore/injured. And if Jack Higgins can get his set shot accuracy above 50%. I have a feeling he's got the yips. Feel for both.
The Jack Higgins who is kicking at 60% this season? 32/21 and leads our goal kicking tally?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 1:05pm
Yorkeys wrote: Wed 09 Aug 2023 11:13pm Might come down to how Jack Steele plays. I have a feeling he is playing sore/injured. And if Jack Higgins can get his set shot accuracy above 50%. I have a feeling he's got the yips. Feel for both.
The Jack Higgins who is kicking at 60% this season? 32/21 and leads our goal kicking tally?
Yep. That's the one.

Saint2
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 9:03am

I can see your point Scollop but don't agree. In footy tipping I had Carlton winning by 4 goals. They are the best side in the League at the moment, and Dees did very well to get within 4 pts.

Carlton's last 8 games -

GC by 59
Haw 60
Freo 53
Port 50
WC 71
Coll 17
Saints 19
Dees 4

Dominant wins in there, and some very good sides. They are playing with confidence (the most important word in sport), and do not expect to lose. On paper does not matter. They have injuries, but others like Dow have stepped up. I reckon Dees are missing Fritsch more than Carlton are missing a couple of mids.

Fortunately, being Carlton, they will probably drop off a bit in the next few weeks.
I watched a bit of the Carlton v. Melb game and jeez Carlton had the umps on their side in the last quarter, and it has been a while since I've seen a ruckman (Gawn) scragged and infringed so much with no penalty.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saint2 wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 1:49pm
takeaway wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 9:03am

Carlton's last 8 games -

GC by 59
Haw 60
Freo 53
Port 50
WC 71
Coll 17
Saints 19
Dees 4

I watched a bit of the Carlton v. Melb game and jeez Carlton had the umps on their side in the last quarter, and it has been a while since I've seen a ruckman (Gawn) scragged and infringed so much with no penalty.
And it was the maggots who turned our game against the brown baggers on its head too.