Ladder predictor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ladder predictor

Time for Port Power and the odious Kent Hinkley to do us a solid.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Carlton beat Collingwood (award Blues favorite points)
St Kilda beat Hawthorn
Hawthorn beat Collingwood (remove Blues favorite points)

This will be Cordy's day..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 8:22pm Love your confidence and optimism samurai

Of course we're always a good chance with all the positives that you mentioned. Cerra and Walsh and Kennedy missing from their midfield is a good evener, but they seem to have covered these guys well of late

If Jack Steele can quell the influence of Cripps, then that's half the battle. If Steele is back to his best we win
Captain Jack - if you are reading this - no pressure - just do what you do best - lol

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 8:45pm

Of course we're always a good chance with all the positives that you mentioned. Cerra and Walsh and Kennedy missing from their midfield is a good evener, but they seem to have covered these guys well of late

If Jack Steele can quell the influence of Cripps, then that's half the battle. If Steele is back to his best we win
Captain Jack - if you are reading this - no pressure - just do what you do best - lol
What do you reckon would be easier; Beat their best inside mid from getting first use...Or intercepting and tackling their outside running receivers?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 8:56pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 8:45pm

What do you reckon would be easier; Beat their best inside mid from getting first use...Or intercepting and tackling their outside running receivers?
It won’t be easy but if they are only relying on Cripps then we have a chance as we have a few clearance bulls. We will at worst break even in the ruck, but Ro should have the edge around the ground.

Their half backs could be a problem but we have Sinclair and NWM who do ok plus our small forwards are much better quality than theirs so they better know how to defend.

Carlton look a bit short down back. I hope they find a way to exploit this advantage.

This won’t be easy.

Saint2
Club Player

I think our forward line will worry Carlton- it's unpredictable and has a bit of marking power. I expect us to win.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Don’t bother doing us any favours Port Adelaide.

FU

🖕🏿

NickyDal
Club Player

If we beat Carlton we will make the top 8

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Geelong...
and bloody ...can you believe.....???

Sydney

that crooked club

that should be bottom 6

is now only percentage outside the 8

Let's say Richmond is cooked

but if Sydeny and Geelong make it

it is a travesty

and a mockery

of the equalization system

and natural justice

and good God's will

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Even after last night's results, it would be a pretty amazing achievement for either Geelong or Sydney to sneak into the eight, given their runs home: Geelong fill face the Pies at the G (and the Pies will be dead keen to end their form slump), us at the Docklands, and then finish playing the Dogs at the Cattery. Sydney have Gold Coast at the SCG (probably a win for them), but then difficult fixtures in the Crows in Adelaide and Melbourne at the SCG. You would think that both of them are some sort of a chance to finish on 50 points, but 54 points is going to be hard: I guess Sydney would be more likely than Geelong.

Meanwhile, we can get to 52 points simply by beating Carlton today and Richmond next week. And, if we lose either of those two games, we've still got a shot at beating Geelong at Marvel the following week or Brisbane the week after in a game that might not matter too much to them. Two wins ought to just get us over the line, although Adelaide would then almost certainly get ahead of us given their percentage and there is a chance of the Bombers reaching 52 points and a better percentage if they win 3 out of 3 (which you wouldn't put money on after yesterday's effort).

Anyway, it seems to me that, if we can beat Carlton and Richmond in the next two games, we'd be in a pretty good position. So our destiny is in our own hands. A team worthy of playing finals should be able to win these two games.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 3:52pm
Gershwin wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 3:30pm At the moment we have a chance to win the flag. Not a good one perhaps but we are in the race. It would be criminal not to give it our very, very best shot. Just take it a week at a time and see what happens.
The bookies like us for the flag too, we have shortened right up now and you can get on us for the flag at $81 dollars. That's value as they say in the business.
What was the Bulldogs' odds for 2016 Flag? Or Crows in '97?
Reality is we may not be as good next season, so I think we need to go all out to play finals this year.

I'll bet Owens, Matteas, Windhager, NWM, Sharman, Clark and Coffield, as well as Max himself, want to make finals. That's why they play.

I don't want to rest players when we are still fifth and have been in the top 8 all season, with only three more rounds to go.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 7:52am Even after last night's results, it would be a pretty amazing achievement for either Geelong or Sydney to sneak into the eight, given their runs home: Geelong fill face the Pies at the G (and the Pies will be dead keen to end their form slump), us at the Docklands, and then finish playing the Dogs at the Cattery. Sydney have Gold Coast at the SCG (probably a win for them), but then difficult fixtures in the Crows in Adelaide and Melbourne at the SCG. You would think that both of them are some sort of a chance to finish on 50 points, but 54 points is going to be hard: I guess Sydney would be more likely than Geelong.

Meanwhile, we can get to 52 points simply by beating Carlton today and Richmond next week. And, if we lose either of those two games, we've still got a shot at beating Geelong at Marvel the following week or Brisbane the week after in a game that might not matter too much to them. Two wins ought to just get us over the line, although Adelaide would then almost certainly get ahead of us given their percentage and there is a chance of the Bombers reaching 52 points and a better percentage if they win 3 out of 3 (which you wouldn't put money on after yesterday's effort).

Anyway, it seems to me that, if we can beat Carlton and Richmond in the next two games, we'd be in a pretty good position. So our destiny is in our own hands. A team worthy of playing finals should be able to win these two games.
I think if we win today we'll qualify for finals regardless of whether we win further games or not. Although I think we'll beat Richmond at Marvel.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 9:42am
Gershwin wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 3:30pm At the moment we have a chance to win the flag. Not a good one perhaps but we are in the race. It would be criminal not to give it our very, very best shot. Just take it a week at a time and see what happens.
The bookies like us for the flag too, we have shortened right up now and you can get on us for the flag at $81 dollars. That's value as they say in the business.
Reality is we may not be as good next season, so I think we need to go all out to play finals this year.

I'll bet Owens, Matteas, Windhager, NWM, Sharman, Clark and Coffield, as well as Max himself, want to make finals. That's why they play.

I don't want to rest players when we are still fifth and have been in the top 8 all season, with only three more rounds to go.
spot on Samurai but your wasting your time , I have no idea who he supports but it certainly isn't the saints.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If we win the next two, we can’t be blamed for falling over the line because of other results or not deserving to be there.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:14am If we win the next two, we can’t be blamed for falling over the line because of other results or not deserving to be there.
i have no problem justifying our position on the ladder, we deserve to be there just the same as the others, my big desire is that we wallop the cheats , after that come what may.
The cheats are becoming intolerable on social media already, their time in the wilderness has been a godsend to all supporters, let's keep it that way.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 06 Aug 2023 11:25am, edited 2 times in total.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

So do you think I should have put more than 1k down @ $81 ?

Give me a number based on your confidence and I will increase my bet up to that amount.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 11:11am

Give me a number based on your confidence and I will increase my bet up to that amount.
I put $1K down on Owens for rising star on 7.12.22 at $88.
I missed at $101 by an hour.
That bet may still play out.
TBH the Ashcroft injury came as somewhat of a blessing.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 11:53am

nice, that one is well and truly live you'd think.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 11:57am

Had to open a sportsbet account to do it!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 12:02pm

the Geanie is out of the bottle then, as it's never too late to take on more vices in life.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 12:18pm

the Geanie is out of the bottle then, as it's never too late to take on more vices in life.
Wonder if I am too old to smoke my first joint and take my first "lady of the night"?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 12:23pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 12:18pm

Wonder if I am too old to smoke my first joint and take my first "lady of the night"?
I can guide you clearly on the topic as you have stepped well into my wheelhouse, the answer is as clear as it is compelling, whilst you have oxygen in your lungs, and a pulse in your veins, ...absofarginglutely you can!

Life is not a rehearsal.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 11:11am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:14am If we win the next two, we can’t be blamed for falling over the line because of other results or not deserving to be there.
i have no problem justifying our position on the ladder, we deserve to be there just the same as the others, my big desire is that we wallop the cheats , after that come what may.
The cheats are becoming intolerable on social media already, their time in the wilderness has been a godsend to all supporters, let's keep it that way.
Yeah, but winning will shut them up.

Go Saints!

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 12:35pm I can guide you clearly on the topic as you have stepped well into my wheelhouse, the answer is as clear as it is compelling, whilst you have oxygen in your lungs, and a pulse in your veins, ...absofarginglutely you can!

Life is not a rehearsal.
whilst you have oxygen in your lungs, and a pulse in your veins and an infinite prescription to blue tablets...

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 1:52pm

and an infinite prescription to blue tablets...[/i]

Nup, I got nothing and not sure what you're on about there, has that got anything to do with getting a stronger pulse in the vein?