Sandringham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Sandringham

Anyone know how Membrey and Hayes went as I assume they played on the weekend.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
nobhead
Club Player

Re: Sandringham

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 6:07pm Anyone know how Membrey and Hayes went as I assume they played on the weekend.
Hayes 7 disposals 1 goal
Membrey 9 disposals 1 goal
Both struggled

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 6:07pm Anyone know how Membrey and Hayes went as I assume they played on the weekend.
Check out my wrap up on the game. Both on managed minutes and running the boundary. Obviously have fitness KPIs they aren’t meeting in game. Not coming in any time soon.

Saints58
Club Player

Check out the big O Oscar Adams he has been getting a great write up from batch each week exciting prospect still only 19 and big unit at 198cm Still has a bit to go but will be pushing for a sport next season especially if like I hear clubs are looking at Dougal or a cheaper Battle next season if we loose 1 or both go.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Adams doesn't really have the physique to play as a key back. He's built similarly to Nick Blakey. In fact, he reminds me a lot of a guy who used to play for us in the early 1990s called Tim Elliot, who was a kind of defender/back up ruck.

He does some good things, but he has his fair share of howlers, too. Good closing speed helps him, and he is competent at drifting across to intercept mark, reading the ball quite well in flight. At times he can be erratic and all over the place. One on one against heavier player of the same height sees him struggle.

Not sure how Ross Lyon views him. I think it'll be touch and go if he stays on the list

Saints58
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Thu 03 Aug 2023 12:09pm Adams doesn't really have the physique to play as a key back. He's built similarly to Nick Blakey. In fact, he reminds me a lot of a guy who used to play for us in the early 1990s called Tim Elliot, who was a kind of defender/back up ruck.

He does some good things, but he has his fair share of howlers, too. Good closing speed helps him, and he is competent at drifting across to intercept mark, reading the ball quite well in flight. At times he can be erratic and all over the place. One on one against heavier player of the same height sees him struggle.

Not sure how Ross Lyon views him. I think it'll be touch and go if he stays on the li

Really great analysis of the kid at 91kg he does need to get a bit heavier which I am sure he will.
I do remember he did ruck a bit and Campbell was helping him with that maybe that is a option.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Thu 03 Aug 2023 12:09pm Adams doesn't really have the physique to play as a key back. He's built similarly to Nick Blakey. In fact, he reminds me a lot of a guy who used to play for us in the early 1990s called Tim Elliot, who was a kind of defender/back up ruck.

Not sure how Ross Lyon views him. I think it'll be touch and go if he stays on the list
Remember Tim Elliott well, started as a forward and went back as an intercepting hb
Should of made it

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Tim Elliott would have been better suited to today's football. He was very thin and could never put the bulk on his body. It ultimately held him back from being a better player. He had talent