The run home

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: The run home

Teflon wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 12:41am
Vortex wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 6:51am
Teflon wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 12:09am
Vortex wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 12:02am
Teflon wrote: Fri 14 Jul 2023 10:43pm
Otiman wrote: Thu 13 Jul 2023 7:27pm Sharman is the new Battle. Doesn't have a home.

Find him a place and he will shine.

Can't just use him as a patch repair forever.

He is smart enough to play deepest forward, and should play that role. Even with Membrey and King back in the side.
I agree
Sharman has shown
1. Good foot skills- can hit targets
2. Smart decision making
We don’t have an abundance of both
Must keep find a spot
Ross sees something that’s why he’s kept him in
I’ve heard Sharms has been nicknamed Cooper Bradbury down at Sandy. A big run home for big noggin.
Let’s hope ya boy comes in.
I’ve heard he’s being offered a new contract….you gonna need something to wipe that egg off your face and crap off your chin…maybe wash it all down with a cold Coopers Pale Ale?
Yeah I’ve heard that too….at Woodville
Lol in the votes today …bet that hurt..
You might have to stick that Woodville contract right up your clacker ??
I tips me lid to the battler, it was hard work getting in the votes yesterday, especially because the GC defence paid him very close attention, the GCS coaches would have been working overtime during the week trying to put a plan together to stop him from getting off the chain.

The club is mad if the don't try and talk him out of going to Woodville and sign him up on a lucrative multiyear deal similar to Byrnes.

you know it makes sense.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Unbelievably we are still placed 6 - and should stay there for at least the next two rounds.

Bombers beaten by thirteen goals brought down their percentage to beneath ours, and then the Giants beat the Crows in Adelaide!!!

Our next two games are against 17th and 16th placed on the ladder. The footy gods are definitely smiling at us.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 11:02am Unbelievably we are still placed 6 - and should stay there for at least the next two rounds.

Bombers beaten by thirteen goals brought down their percentage to beneath ours, and then the Giants beat the Crows in Adelaide!!!

Our next two games are against 17th and 16th placed on the ladder. The footy gods are definitely smiling at us.
Because we did SOOOOOO well against the 18th place team??

Tell me the outlier in WC losses in Perth:

- St Kilda - 8 point loss
- Collingwood - 63 point loss
- Essendon - 50 point loss
- Suns - 70 point loss
- Carlton - 108 point loss
- Melbourne - 63 point loss

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 12:59pm
samuraisaint wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 11:02am Unbelievably we are still placed 6 - and should stay there for at least the next two rounds.

- Suns - 70 point loss
I'm not brain dead - I was at the Hawthorn game. But if you had to have two games in a row, you would certainly be choosing to play second and third last last on the ladder, both at our home ground, wouldn't you?

Given how the Hawks and North are going right now, they are certainly going to be up against it to beat us.
Given the way we lost yesterday, if we don't respond next week against North, I would be very surprised.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 3:27pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 12:59pm

- Suns - 70 point loss
I'm not brain dead - I was at the Hawthorn game. But if you had to have two games in a row, you would certainly be choosing to play second and third last last on the ladder, both at our home ground, wouldn't you?

Given how the Hawks and North are going right now, they are certainly going to be up against it to beat us.
Given the way we lost yesterday, if we don't respond next week against North, I would be very surprised.
Well, I was proved right, wasn't I?
The fourth quarter against North, and then the first and fourth quarters against Hawthorn show that we are getting our form back.
Be funny if we bring it all together against Carlton, wouldn't it?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

There's good reasons why North are 17th and Hawthorn are 16th on the ladder.

There's also good reasons why Carlton have moved up the ladder in the last 2 months. I'm not talking about personnel or individuals or injury lists either.

Data is available that specifies weaknesses and strengths in these teams (and ALL teams including St Kilda). It's quite comprehensive

For those who think your 'form' is independent of your opposition...you obviously don't analyse data like AFL teams do

https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_index.html

repta
Club Player

Interesting that website has Sinclair as running 19th in the Brownlow.

He has been our best most influential player. Interesting that we havent got a player rating higher seeing we are 5th on the ladder.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Well our record for best/worst places to play are in our favour...

Best venue
Gabba: 8-5 (61.5%)

Worst venue
GMHBA Stadium: 0-6 (0%)

Home venue
Marvel Stadium: 82-3-77 (50.6%)

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 11 Jul 2023 12:37am The side is better. Not sure how Ross is travelling though. Gig might be tougher than he anticipated.
Trouble is no one will ever know how Brett would have gone.
And whether the barstedry of renewing then how he was sacked - no matter how justified or logically correct - has created bad karma. The way Brett was dealt with seems the opposite of the Club motto.
It's a terrible shame Brett was reappointed prematurely.
Ross seems to have the confidence and commitment of the players but is having a heck of a time getting all to click for a whole game. Bit of fwd class might fix all ills. Breakout game for Matteus coming?
How is it Mitch's shot bounced backwards on the line or Max's snap against BNE and Pou's shot early last game were overturned on review. Small margins, bad luck? These little things can turn a season.
Let's not mention Ross Lyon and the club motto in the same thread.