We have hit rock bottom

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: We have hit rock bottom

Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Jul 2023 11:17pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 17 Jul 2023 11:11pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Jul 2023 10:00pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 17 Jul 2023 7:37pm
Saynta has hit a new low.
Agree..
:lol: :mrgreen:
👍
Someone is obsessed. :roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

We are still 6th
Magic Happens.
I saw it on a bumper sticker
:)

yep ... still in it

that says the muppets below us are worse

i'm practicing this one

i see Stingers tanty
i accept Stingers tanty
AND
i'm the full BIG KEV over the senseless beauty of it

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ctqs
Club Player

Good. We're sixth with our chances of making finals still in our hands. I'll take that as rock bottom!

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Jul 2023 10:03pm Just for those interested in good footy discussion - do yourself a favour and take a read of this from Stav at BF:

Enjoy 👍

As I’ve already said.

We will get younger and shed those that have been here across the Richo and Ratten eras.

The new core is Pou Nas King Windy Owens Higgins - club thinks they will all be stars

Caminiti Stocker Sharman Byrnes all look like keepers.

They love the look of Keeler Van Es Hotton.

It’s the group of Howard Membrey Hill Steele Ross Billings Jones Marshall Battle Butler Clark Coffield Gresham Dmac Paton & Webster that is the issue.

Huge question on work ethic. Durability. Ability to perform consistently. Attention to preparation.

Wilkie Sinclair Wood - who meet the expectations of the boss. Arguably why all 3 are having career years.

Then there is a group that is just not rated. Predominantly kids.

Now you can’t bin them all. Or gut your experienced list. But the clubs been planning for a fair bit of movement.

So let’s see.

I imagine we will have 2 first round picks in contention for round 1 next year - Ross really happy to just bring kids through.

Hence why I said a few weeks ago, people who think he was brought in as a bloke who elevates an experienced list is wrong.

He was brought in to sort out who is an AFL footballer who can play and be apart of a finals side.
Once upon a time there was an assistant Coach and he happened to come across a job as a first time senior coach of finals worthy list. They'd already played off in 2 x prelims and an elimination final in the 3 years prior to his lucky appointment

He did an outstanding job and got them to a GF in his 3rd year, but he left a few young players out of the 2009 GF side. One was a very good wet weather footballer and he would be considered a worthy choice as captain later in his career (he filled in for Nick Riewoldt as captain for 3 matches in 2016).

Another that was left out of that side was in fact the future captain, and another was a young lad from Lorne who loved kicking snags (gee, we could have used a couple of goals in that last quarter in '09). We all know that young lad went on to win a few B&F's at St Kilda.

He also left a bloke on the pine in the last quarter...but that's a different issue.

Then the story continues for this first time senior coach and he lands a new gig with another finals worthy list that played off in a prelim 12 months before his appointment. The team get into another GF and once again the footy world says he's done an outstanding job...and he did!! No doubt about it...BUT

The same issue may have happened in the GF for his second club where a future star of the game was not rated by the 'master' coach. This future star would go on to win multiple B&F's and a Brownlow medal...AND YET...the 'master coach' didn't think he was worthy of having this bloke in the starting squad.

This was despite the young bloke showing he could make an impact in the 2013 prelim when he came on as sub

This is the guy Bassatt and Lethlean have brought in "to sort out who is an AFL footballer who can play"

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/other-s ... etzug8oygz

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/fre ... 2umih.html

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 4:43pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Jul 2023 10:03pm Just for those interested in good footy discussion - do yourself a favour and take a read of this from Stav at BF:

Enjoy 👍

As I’ve already said.

We will get younger and shed those that have been here across the Richo and Ratten eras.

The new core is Pou Nas King Windy Owens Higgins - club thinks they will all be stars

It’s the group of Howard Membrey Hill Steele Ross Billings Jones Marshall Battle Butler Clark Coffield Gresham Dmac Paton & Webster that is the issue.

Huge question on work ethic. Durability. Ability to perform consistently. Attention to preparation.

Wilkie Sinclair Wood - who meet the expectations of the boss. Arguably why all 3 are having career years.

Now you can’t bin them all. Or gut your experienced list. But the clubs been planning for a fair bit of movement.

So let’s see.

I imagine we will have 2 first round picks in contention for round 1 next year - Ross really happy to just bring kids through.

Hence why I said a few weeks ago, people who think he was brought in as a bloke who elevates an experienced list is wrong.

He was brought in to sort out who is an AFL footballer who can play and be apart of a finals side.
Once upon a time there was an assistant Coach and he happened to come across a job as a first time senior coach of finals worthy list. They'd already played off in 2 x prelims and an elimination final in the 3 years prior to his lucky appointment

He did an outstanding job and got them to a GF in his 3rd year, but he left a few young players out of the 2009 GF side. One was a very good wet weather footballer and he would be considered a worthy choice as captain later in his career (he filled in for Nick Riewoldt as captain for 3 matches in 2016).

Another that was left out of that side was in fact the future captain, and another was a young lad from Lorne who loved kicking snags (gee, we could have used a couple of goals in that last quarter in '09). We all know that young lad went on to win a few B&F's at St Kilda.

He also left a bloke on the pine in the last quarter...but that's a different issue.

Then the story continues for this first time senior coach and he lands a new gig with another finals worthy list that played off in a prelim 12 months before his appointment. The team get into another GF and once again the footy world says he's done an outstanding job...and he did!! No doubt about it...BUT

The same issue may have happened in the GF for his second club where a future star of the game was not rated by the 'master' coach. This future star would go on to win multiple B&F's and a Brownlow medal...AND YET...the 'master coach' didn't think he was worthy of having this bloke in the starting squad.

This was despite the young bloke showing he could make an impact in the 2013 prelim when he came on as sub

This is the guy Bassatt and Lethlean have brought in to see "to sort out who is an AFL footballer who can play"

Good post, and oh so true. ps, I didn't bother with the BF bulls***. Enough of that rubbish is already polluting this site.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Enjoy 👍

As I’ve already said.

So let’s see.

This is the guy Bassatt and Lethlean have brought in "to sort out who is an AFL footballer who can play"

I didn’t get past
“Once upon a time…”
I find most of your posts could start with that given they’re all fantasy
But carry on
Stav worth a read though I think

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 5:23pm

Enjoy 👍

As I’ve already said.

So let’s see.

I didn’t get past
“Once upon a time…”
I find most of your posts could start with that given they’re all fantasy
But carry on
Stav worth a read though I think
If you want to only read opinions that you agree with. That’s Ok…carry on

Stav may have a few good ideas, but all knowledge doesn’t exist on BigFooty. Everything I wrote was fact …it’s not an opinion

Ross has his strengths, but I wouldn’t say he was strong in talent identification or player development. Let the cobblers cobble right?

Who’s there to override Ross now that Geoff Walsh isn't there?

Why do you bother replying to something you haven’t read. Stop wasting your time.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Stocker and Caminiti.

These are SOS's first (and I think only) recruits so far and RTB has played them every game (minus Caminiti's suspension).

No issue with Stocker. He's been a handy replacement for Long. Not great, but certainly worthy of his spot.

Caminiti however hasn't warranted automatic selection, to say nothing of praise at just about every RTB presser.

It strikes me as mindset over reality. My best mate SOS has come here to reshape this terrible list and it's going to start here with Caminiti and Stocker. They're untouchable.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 6:47pm Stocker and Caminiti.

These are SOS's first (and I think only) recruits so far and RTB has played them every game (minus Caminiti's suspension).

No issue with Stocker. He's been a handy replacement for Long. Not great, but certainly worthy of his spot.

Caminiti however hasn't warranted automatic selection, to say nothing of praise at just about every RTB presser.

It strikes me as mindset over reality. My best mate SOS has come here to reshape this terrible list and it's going to start here with Caminiti and Stocker. They're untouchable.
Comparison King vs Caminiti, same age. Caminiti's doing okay.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=O&fid2=O

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

samoht wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 7:02pm

Comparison King vs Caminiti, same age. Caminiti's doing okay.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=O&fid2=O
I really thiink he has a big future
Great mark andd one of the most reliable kicks on goal at the club

Seeya