What happened?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

What happened?

I thought King was reported by a loser maggot and Stoker had a silly sling tackle call against him, but have seen nothing on either matter since.

Would love to find out what happened to both calls.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: What happened?

MRO reviewed both on the day after, or so I believe, and said nothing to see here.

They'll never admit the umps are wrong

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 8:46pm MRO reviewed both on the day after, or so I believe, and said nothing to see here.

They'll never admit the umps are wrong
The bulls*** call, against King actually put him off his game.

The reporting maggot should apologise to him.

longtimesaint
Club Player

The Brisbane player should have had a free against him for staging as King only brushed his back

One year will be our year
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Max was lucky he didn’t connect

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 9:37pm Max was lucky he didn’t connect
So was the Brissey player. :wink:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I think Max wants to make a statement. I've not doubt there is hours of footage of King being punched, grappled illegally and being subjected to unduly rough play with very little protection, to explain, if not justify, a brain fade.

He looks determined to clear himself a path or cause some damage on the way through. It's about time, if you ask me.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The law of diminishing returns demonstrated; more umpires results in poorer umpiring.
They are lucky they are exempt from individual public critiques.
AFL has a big problem whether it acknowledges it or not.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 9:51pm
.. I've not doubt there is hours of footage of King being punched, grappled illegally and being subjected to unduly rough play with very little protection, to explain, if not justify, a brain fade.

Does anyone know if teams collate footage of on-field incidents, send them to the AFL and ask them to purview these incidents in the name of seeking clarification or quietly building up a case for the umps to protect or at least be aware of the players to which stuff is happening?

I mean, do we make representations?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 4:51pm
.. I've not doubt there is hours of footage of King being punched, grappled illegally and being subjected to unduly rough play with very little protection, to explain, if not justify, a brain fade.

Does anyone know if teams collate footage of on-field incidents, send them to the AFL and ask them to purview these incidents in the name of seeking clarification or quietly building up a case for the umps to protect or at least be aware of the players to which stuff is happening?

I mean, do we make representations?
Absolutely, but the moment they do it they are warned to be respectful of due process and not to make public comment. Asking for clarification of rules and presenting evidence that mistakes have been made or infringements go unnoticed, would be a common occurrence.

Sanctorum
Club Player

I'm not sure if clubs make all that many representations to the AFL umpiring department about match day incidents that they believe the umpires got wrong, but I've certainly heard of this occurring at different times in the past.

The media have a big role in this and that obviously doesn't escape the attention of the umpires, it would be hard for them to be oblivious to that sort of noise.

My understanding is that there certainly is liaison between the MRO and umpires boss so that should take care of that, but it's all done behind closed doors whicb is appropriate.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 5:40pm I'm not sure if clubs make all that many representations to the AFL umpiring department about match day incidents that they believe the umpires got wrong, but I've certainly heard of this occurring at different times in the past.

The media have a big role in this and that obviously doesn't escape the attention of the umpires, it would be hard for them to be oblivious to that sort of noise.

My understanding is that there certainly is liaison between the MRO and umpires boss so that should take care of that, but it's all done behind closed doors whicb is appropriate.
Having sat near the bench for years in the past, I can assure Lyon pressures the umpires for response during games, let alone after the match.
Coaches are constantly warned for questioning the umpires bench and non-active representatives. The AFL has privately, and on occasion publicly, warned the clubs many times.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I think Max wants to make a statement. I've not doubt there is hours of footage of King being punched, grappled illegally and being subjected to unduly rough play with very little protection, to explain, if not justify, a brain fade.

He looks determined to clear himself a path or cause some damage on the way through. It's about time, if you ask me.
Agree totally, just needs to not get reported doing it. I was rapt watching max fighting back ,All forwards need to standup for themselves.. loved the way plugger did it lol

On aside note.. I personally know a few umpires. Afl and edfl. They would get a laugh reading some of the stuff on here especially curly s input.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

So fair to say, St Kilda have knocked on the umpires door about Max King already.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 8:58pm So fair to say, St Kilda have knocked on the umpires door about Max King already.
Id say a few questions about the rough play off the ball has been discussed.
The response would be that both players are engaging in the grappling and that in review, there have probably been unpaid infringements both ways but nothing reportable yet.
Max just has to get more aggressive.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Seems to me that the more fired up and wrestley Max King gets, the less goals he kicks.

If i were an opposition coach… I’d look to rough Max up and get inside his head

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 9:41pm Seems to me that the more fired up and wrestley Max King gets, the less goals he kicks.

Thats what you've seen this year? Ok.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 9:46pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 9:41pm Seems to me that the more fired up and wrestley Max King gets, the less goals he kicks.

Thats what you've seen this year? Ok.
I thought he’d been pretty focused until he started going the argy bargy with Richmond guy