Ross Lyon Press Conference After Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: Ross Lyon Press Conference After Hawks

Scollop wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 2:25am
Teflon wrote: Mon 29 May 2023 9:32pm
Lol half the sites saying we are no better than last year and you’re saying move on??
I think you’re “reserving judgement” might be just hedging your bets so you can say “I told you so” if drop
Get off the fence mate
I think it's you!! who actually took an each way bet at the start of the year ...and progressively as we've slid in form :lol:

I haven't changed my tune or my beliefs or my predictions on where we'd finish

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1990291

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1990362

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1988911 (this thread is a beauty if you want to piss yourself laughing at posts about ladder predictions for Carlton)

I have however stopped bagging Lyon incessantly when I accepted that he'd be our coach in 2023. Before that, I constantly bagged him and I was one of the few people who wanted Ratts to stay on
Is this a another post bagging Lyon, or stating you have stopped bagging Lyon?

Are you now calling it? Ross's appointment was a failure, 11 rounds in? Or maybe after the next loss. Or maybe after 2-3 years, when he and the other coaches have had time to bed down their strategies?

Most pundits had Saints mid ladder or lower this year. I had them at 4-7 at the bye, and that was before the early injuries.

I know it will be hard, but a challenge for you, give Lyon & co time.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 10:13am
Lol half the sites saying we are no better than last year and you’re saying move on??
I think you’re “reserving judgement” might be just hedging your bets so you can say “I told you so” if drop
Get off the fence mate
I think it's you!! who actually took an each way bet at the start of the year ...and progressively as we've slid in form :lol:

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1988911 (this thread is a beauty if you want to piss yourself laughing at posts about ladder predictions for Carlton)

I have however stopped bagging Lyon incessantly when I accepted that he'd be our coach in 2023. Before that, I constantly bagged him and I was one of the few people who wanted Ratts to stay on
Is this a another post bagging Lyon, or stating you have stopped bagging Lyon?

Are you now calling it? Ross's appointment was a failure, 11 rounds in? Or maybe after the next loss. Or maybe after 2-3 years, when he and the other coaches have had time to bed down their strategies?

Most pundits had Saints mid ladder or lower this year. I had them at 4-7 at the bye, and that was before the early injuries.

I know it will be hard, but a challenge for you, give Lyon & co time.
Lol it’s hard to tell isn’t it?
Plenty of splinters either way in that post..

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

My only take away is that Ross knows if he speaks the truth it will affect his strategic position against other teams, and also the playing group.

So we get platitudes and have to decipher the crumbs given.

All we get to judge on now is what happens at match committee and on the field.

realdeal
Club Player

It almost feels like Lyon has his plan for the year and he's not actually too fussed whether we win or lose.

He should've been more aggrieved after that loss than he appeared but maybe he was behind closed doors..

My most concerning part of the game (and its already been mentioned) was the lack of fight, run and leadership, specifically our more experienced players.

They didnt help out, they didnt run hard at times, they were in the wrong position, didnt communicate at the right times.

Maybe some of them are playing injured, maybe they're getting burnt out because we're not rotating enough midfeilders, maybe the game plan is taking its toll.

It was a kinda strange press conference though... bit flippant, bit selective, bit down playing, bit avoidance and abit truthful.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 11:29pm Ross is a good coach but he has some weaknesses.
Inflexibility is one of them.
He can get a fixed view on players.
He was proven wrong about Ball. By the filth no less.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

[quote=Scollop post

[/quote]

That’s nothing to brag about. Ratts was a good guy but wasn’t AFL standard in the coaching department.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 11:36am
Banger9798 wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 11:29pm Ross is a good coach but he has some weaknesses.
Or, the pies S&C department proved us wrong. My eyes told me Lyon was 100% correct on Ball. He finished up a plodder at Saints. Don’t blame Ross for one second for keeping Ball on bench in 09 GF, he’d shown consistently throughout the year he couldn’t run games out or spread when the heat was on

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 9:36am
Get off the fence mate

LMAO
You’ve stopped outwardly bagging Lyon
Just resorted to inference to suggest he’s no good
You’ll be able to tell us all we were wrong if we slide
It’s a beautiful approach
Happy sniping from the cheap seats after the fact!
"Cheap seats" LMFAO. Next you will be working "peanut gallery" into one of your posts.

Talk about stealing others lines. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 11:41am [quote=Scollop post

That’s nothing to brag about. Ratts was a good guy but wasn’t AFL standard in the coaching department.
[/quote]

Time will tell.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 11:44am
Or, the pies S&C department proved us wrong. My eyes told me Lyon was 100% correct on Ball. He finished up a plodder at Saints. Don’t blame Ross for one second for keeping Ball on bench in 09 GF, he’d shown consistently throughout the year he couldn’t run games out or spread when the heat was on
Finally!!! Some truth
The “after the fact” brigade getting their views from Robbo at HS don’t help
Ball was a shell of what he was ….who was the previous coach who flogged him when he had OP and wouldn’t invest in “training services”……
Much easier just to blame Lyon tho
Even IF we had 50-18 inside 50s at half time and couldn’t hit the side of a barn from the goal square ….it’s Lyons fault cause Ball would’ve changed the entire course of the game
Utter Shiite thinking right there… lazy too

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 11:44am
I do. Blame Lyon that is. Cost us a flag.The coach said he forgot to put Ball back on. Utter bulls*** imhfo, despite what the uneducated and uninformed say.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 1:49pm
Finally!!! Some truth
You wouldn't know what the truth was when it comes to defending your GOAT... that's 'your goat' ...and not THE GOAT. We had a good start but the jury is out on whether our 'system' is any better than last year

And why bother going over past debates about Ball. Ross admits himself that he made mistakes. That's one of the reasons I think he's a better coach now than back then. He does learn from his mistakes

People here on the forum need to call it for what it is. We crumbled on the weekend and mistakes were made with selection. All coaches make mistakes. They're not going to get all decisions correct.

Never heard such apologist crap in all my life. Why the f*** do you need to keep talking absolute garbage and attacking people's opinions?

I'm a supporter of the club. I don't have to agree with all match committee decisions or match day decisions.

Darth Vader
Club Player

My thinking is it took him a year (07) to bed in a new game plan last time, and that was with a much better list than he has now. I assume it will take about as long this time as, while he's learnt from 07, he is starting with a worse list.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

And everyone wants to see the real RTB

He gave glimpses in the coaches box in the practice game against Melbourne with the leaked audio

Now he needs to stop being cuddly Ross and take action at the selection table. Someone or maybe 2-3 experienced players need to be the scapegoat (a la Milney and Dal in 2008)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/63550/dropp ... grity-lyon

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 2:58pm And everyone wants to see the real RTB

He gave glimpses in the coaches box in the practice game against Melbourne with the leaked audio

Now he needs to stop being cuddly Ross and take action at the selection table. Someone or maybe 2-3 experienced players need to be the scapegoat (a la Milney and Dal in 2008)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/63550/dropp ... grity-lyon
Speaking of Milney.

Can we get Milney jnr. out Zebs colours and onto the list? Can we do a mid-season thingy?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

MSD is shortly. We have a full list but opportunity to put someone like Coff, Hayes or Jones on the LTI list.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/draft/ ... e4e0fdf8d4

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

we
lost
to
HAWKS

:idea:

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

and some are attacking posters for being frustrated by this?

Seeya
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 7:12pm we
lost
to
HAWKS

:idea:
Plenty more losses against them going forward if we don't move quicker than them.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 2:36pm
Teflon wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 1:49pm
Finally!!! Some truth
You wouldn't know what the truth was when it comes to defending your GOAT... that's 'your goat' ...and not THE GOAT. We had a good start but the jury is out on whether our 'system' is any better than last year

And why bother going over past debates about Ball. Ross admits himself that he made mistakes. That's one of the reasons I think he's a better coach now than back then. He does learn from his mistakes

People here on the forum need to call it for what it is. We crumbled on the weekend and mistakes were made with selection. All coaches make mistakes. They're not going to get all decisions correct.

Never heard such apologist crap in all my life. Why the f*** do you need to keep talking absolute garbage and attacking people's opinions?

I'm a supporter of the club. I don't have to agree with all match committee decisions or match day decisions.
Beautifully hedged
Hold on - RTB might fall over soon and you’ll be vindicated!!
Supporter …**** me

“Yeah….nah””
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 9:36pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 1:46pm Yep, some old Ross traits showing up.
He also pretty much killed of Stanley's confidence before he got traded to Geelong.
Hope that doesn't happen to Windy
Richo traded Stanley, there was another Coach inbetween (Watters) who tried him as a half back. Stanley simply wasn't that good, never has been.
Rhys Stanley says 'hold my beer', he's been the number 1 ruck in a dominant premiership winning dynasty. He has amazing pace for a ruckman, goes forward and kicks goals and it a key in a dominant midfield.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 12:45am Bartel spent 2002 in the Ressies along with Ablett Chapman and Stevie

They won the flag in the seconds

Second year onwards they all played AFL

Windhager has proven he is up to AFL standard. Wasted in the VFL
Someone else is also being given every chance to stay relevant in the first 22.
Steele Crouch and Ross have 'runs on the board' but if Windy comes on as a full-time mid, where does Ross play, because currently, his form and endurance are dropping away and if he has been 'playing a role' he has stunk.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 31 May 2023 9:19pm
B.M wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 12:45am Bartel spent 2002 in the Ressies along with Ablett Chapman and Stevie

They won the flag in the seconds

Second year onwards they all played AFL

Windhager has proven he is up to AFL standard. Wasted in the VFL
Someone else is also being given every chance to stay relevant in the first 22.
Steele Crouch and Ross have 'runs on the board' but if Windy comes on as a full-time mid, where does Ross play, because currently, his form and endurance are dropping away and if he has been 'playing a role' he has stunk.
I can answer this on BM’s behalf.

Ross should be captain and we should all make sacrifices in his name and chant praise. All good things happen when Ross is on the field or near the play and bad things happen in the places he is not. If Ross kicks the ball to an opponent… it is not a bad kick but rather an indictment of his team mate for not being where Ross willed the ball.

Hail Sebastian

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Ross isn’t perfect

But I’ll back his actual record when I assess him as a player

Not the subjective opinion of some no-nothing supporter who believes their opinion and needs a scapegoat

I bet you can’t believe
3 of StKs goals against Hawthorn cam directly from Sebs kick i50

It’s a bit like all whipping boys - because mistakes are looked for - they are noticed- and that’s all that’s noticed

The player who has turned it over more than any other in the last two weeks - has played well - try and guess the player

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 31 May 2023 10:17pm Ross isn’t perfect

But I’ll back his actual record when I assess him as a player

Not the subjective opinion of some no-nothing supporter who believes their opinion and needs a scapegoat

I bet you can’t believe
3 of StKs goals against Hawthorn cam directly from Sebs kick i50

It’s a bit like all whipping boys - because mistakes are looked for - they are noticed- and that’s all that’s noticed

The player who has turned it over more than any other in the last two weeks - has played well - try and guess the player
Of course you don’t you’re too busy polishing his BnF trophy
You asked me recently where I got my stats from??
Seb Ross had 3 disposal to half time against Hawthorn
AND
Seb Ross had 2 disposals second half against GWS

Source: AFL match day stats
* big thanks to Mowman on Bigfooty - over there it’s not even a debate ….on good one SS we still gotta work with those stuck in the 1980’s banging on about their footy glory days..

“Yeah….nah””