Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

If in doubt on the matter..try not to be a Kent!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 2:30pm If in doubt on the matter..try not to be a Kent!
Like flies to s***, some Kents can't help themselves.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr Annoyed hasn't been sleeping well and he ...and look... he's not usually like that...but

He borrowed the wrong medication from Eddie Maguire

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Annoyed isn't to blame. Being subjected willingly to the British Empire is a hard education to stomach. It must be soul destroying. The absence of self reflection is to be expected.

Australians have risen from convicts and poor migrants slaves, to the......., well they.......
Hmmm. Not much has changed really has it.
ANZAC day is a once a year celebration of national pride and freedom or double time and half,if you can get it.
I dont need ANZAC day to remember those who fell defending Britain's interests on the other side of the world.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 5:56pm Annoyed isn't to blame. Being subjected willingly to the British Empire is a hard education to stomach. It must be soul destroying. The absence of self reflection is to be expected.

Australians have risen from convicts and poor migrants slaves, to the......., well they.......
ANZAC day is a once a year celebration of national pride and freedom or double time and half,if you can get it.
I dont need ANZAC day to remember those who fell defending Britain's interests on the other side of the world.
My father served AUSTRALIANS

saint4life
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 6:13pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 5:56pm Annoyed isn't to blame. Being subjected willingly to the British Empire is a hard education to stomach. It must be soul destroying. The absence of self reflection is to be expected.

Thats great. God bless him. He must be a bit shocked when he looks at Australia now but he did his bit.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 6:19pm

Thats great. God bless him. He must be a bit shocked when he looks at Australia now but he did his bit.
He’d be horrified I reckon.

Freeloaders everywhere, men playing women’s sport, people thinking they can wake up and be an animals.

The world is fooked.

Imagine fighting in a war next to you…..
No thanks.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

In my time as a footy fan, the two most racially abused players would probably have been Sergio Silvagni and Syd Jackson.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Well written chook23!

As did my father, his father and his father before him, as did my mothers side of the family.
Both great grandfathers were killed in WWI & one grandfather in WWII.
An uncle blew his own brains out a few years after returning from Vietnam, as we now believe he suffered PTSD.
I am lucky that I was from a generation that did not have to serve.

It appears Anglophobia is alive and well on this forum :lol:

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:03pm In my time as a footy fan, the two most racially abused players would probably have been Sergio Silvagni and Syd Jackson.
Robbie Muir would be hard to top for me, and Umpire Glen James.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:07pm
Well written chook23!

As did my father, his father and his father before him, as did my mothers side of the family.
An uncle blew his own brains out a few years after returning from Vietnam, as we now believe he suffered PTSD.

I thank them all for their service and sacrifice D.B. & Chook. My father was similar, wounded in PNG by the Japanese. Barely spoke about the war. In fact, the only 3 three things he spoke of in his ailing years was;
The Japanese Imperial Forces were not small men.
He gave blood to a Japanese POW, even knowing the atrocities the man's fellow soldiers were commiting on their surge to Australia.
When he died in 2012, he had recently been watching the news and mused to no one in particular, "This is not the country I fought for." I believe it was simply a thought out loud.

Make of this what you will but every day in this country has some value and merit, even if we do not agree with how we got to this day or what we want from tomorrow.

The strip for this year's Indigenous Round is a cracker & one I'll happily add to my collection.

loris
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:09pm
Toy Saint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:03pm In my time as a footy fan, the two most racially abused players would probably have been Sergio Silvagni and Syd Jackson.
Glenn James never, ever gets the proper recognition he deserves IMO. He used to cop some terrible abuse from over the fence. Some St Kilda supporters were as bad as other club supporters with their vitriol.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:39pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:09pm
Glenn James never, ever gets the proper recognition he deserves IMO. He used to cop some terrible abuse from over the fence. Some St Kilda supporters were as bad as other club supporters with their vitriol.
I'm sure they're all deeply regretful for their behaviour and ignorance

They were disgusting racists but ...we should forgive them all if they were diggers... or their parents or grandparents were diggers... or if they were sincerely respectful of our diggers

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Anglophobia - love the term - and it is becoming more prevalent - especially on the small screen

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Lucky for modern society the dinosaurs (way of thinking) are dying out!

Doing something possibly noble decades ago is no excuse for being a ignorant d*ck in 2023.

Some peoples’ war is everyday in the country they were born in.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:13pm Lucky for modern society the dinosaurs (way of thinking) are dying out!

Doing something possibly noble decades ago is no excuse for being a ignorant d*ck in 2023.

Oh My F@rking G0d

Are you so anti White Australian that you recognise nothing of value in the contribution of the ordinary man since the wars

FFS - I am so sick of the s*** that gets posted in the name of equality

Equality means just that

Equal opportunities
Equal respect

People like you try and make me embarrassed for being a middle aged white male

F@rk that - I am proud of the work that I have done to own my own house, have 2 investment properties, raised a fantastic 25 yo son and live a happy life - I pay my taxes - i dont get speeding fines (I cant afford them) - I scream at the TV when they force their opinions on me - I don't understand why I can't boo Goodes for being a thug (not that I did - but I reserved the right to do so) - just the same as people used to boo Baker.

Having an opinion is like owning a pee-pee - you have every right to it - just don't try and force it down my throat!

I love my country - and I love every person living in it - but FFS STOP trying to cookie cutter me

I am NOT racist
I am NOT Homophobic
I am NOT sexist

I believe there are 2 genderss
I believe that EVERYONE has a right to choose who they want to be = and be with
I do not believe in quotas - open jobs to everyone and pick the BEST candidate

BUT

I resent people for making the choice for me.

I work in a firm that employed myself and a female at the same time - she is gone - not because of sexist reasons - she was s*** at the job - the boss had every right to fire her.

FFS - SEE THE PERSON - not the color of their skin, their gender, their belief.

BTW - I am a dyed in the wool St Kilda supporter - I do not apologise for that (and so is my son - and I wont apologise to him either for doing that to him) - I have faith, I have love, I have charity - LET ME CHOOSE what to do with them

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Oh - BTW - crickets from those claiming Goodes was a fine upstanding fair player since the images and links were posted 3 days ago

― Aristophanes

happy feet
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:43pm Oh - BTW - crickets from those claiming Goodes was a fine upstanding fair player since the images and links were posted 3 days ago
A few images were chosen that suited the cause that tried to portray Goodes as a thug. You could do that to any player in the AFL.

Brownlow Medals are given to the best and fairest player, if he was a thug how does he have 2 of them.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:00pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:43pm Oh - BTW - crickets from those claiming Goodes was a fine upstanding fair player since the images and links were posted 3 days ago
A few images were chosen that suited the cause that tried to portray Goodes as a thug. You could do that to any player in the AFL.

Brownlow Medals are given to the best and fairest player, if he was a thug how does he have 2 of them.
You are right - they are given to the Best and Fairest - the ACTUAL AWARD IS FOR THE FAIREST AND BEST!

Hence why people suspended are supposed to be ineligible - however they are trying to water this down

― Aristophanes

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:28pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:13pm Lucky for modern society the dinosaurs (way of thinking) are dying out!

Oh My F@rking G0d

Are you so anti White Australian that you recognise nothing of value in the contribution of the ordinary man since the wars

Equality means just that

Equal opportunities
Equal respect

F@rk that - I am proud of the work that I have done to own my own house, have 2 investment properties, raised a fantastic 25 yo son and live a happy life - I pay my taxes - i dont get speeding fines (I cant afford them) - I scream at the TV when they force their opinions on me - I don't understand why I can't boo Goodes for being a thug (not that I did - but I reserved the right to do so) - just the same as people used to boo Baker.

Having an opinion is like owning a pee-pee - you have every right to it - just don't try and force it down my throat!

I love my country - and I love every person living in it - but FFS STOP trying to cookie cutter me

I am NOT racist
I am NOT Homophobic
I am NOT sexist

BUT

I work in a firm that employed myself and a female at the same time - she is gone - not because of sexist reasons - she was s*** at the job - the boss had every right to fire her.

BTW - I am a dyed in the wool St Kilda supporter - I do not apologise for that (and so is my son - and I wont apologise to him either for doing that to him) - I have faith, I have love, I have charity - LET ME CHOOSE what to do with them
Gee whiz, some underlying issues coming out here! Pretty sure I didn’t say or accuse you of any of those things.

But one thing you did bring up; do you think every Australian has now, and in the past had, equal opportunity to succeed?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:37pm
Well written chook23!

I thank them all for their service and sacrifice D.B. & Chook. My father was similar, wounded in PNG by the Japanese. Barely spoke about the war. In fact, the only 3 three things he spoke of in his ailing years was;
He gave blood to a Japanese POW, even knowing the atrocities the man's fellow soldiers were commiting on their surge to Australia.
When he died in 2012, he had recently been watching the news and mused to no one in particular, "This is not the country I fought for." I believe it was simply a thought out loud.

Make of this what you will but every day in this country has some value and merit, even if we do not agree with how we got to this day or what we want from tomorrow.

The strip for this year's Indigenous Round is a cracker & one I'll happily add to my collection.
The country is slipping to the socialist dogs.
But….things have been good for a long time so perhaps people need to struggle a bit again (goods & services prices, home loans, etc) to realise that socialism is a cancer and has not worked or been beneficial for anyone.

Great in theory, terrible in reality.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Oh My F@rking G0d

Equality means just that

Equal opportunities
Equal respect

I am NOT racist
I am NOT Homophobic
I am NOT sexist

BUT

This. Spot on.

You get a greater feel for life when you work for it and earn it. Well done sir.

2 genders. Facts.

happy feet
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:35pm
Well written chook23!

But….things have been good for a long time so perhaps people need to struggle a bit again (goods & services prices, home loans, etc) to realise that socialism is a cancer and has not worked or been beneficial for anyone.

I think our country still has a lot going for it, but I think we are losing the long held notion that everyone who deserves a fair go gets one.

My Dad served with Tom Derrick VC in New Guinea and Tarakan. Dad never talked about the war much, but he said Derrick was Aboriginal and the bravest man he had ever met.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
happy feet
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:35pm
Well written chook23!

I think our country still has a lot going for it, but I think we are losing the long held notion that everyone who deserves a fair go gets one.

My Dad served with Tom Derrick VC in New Guinea and Tarakan. Dad never talked about the war much, but he said Derrick was Aboriginal and the bravest man he had ever met.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:29pm

Oh My F@rking G0d

Equality means just that

Equal opportunities
Equal respect

I am NOT racist
I am NOT Homophobic
I am NOT sexist

BUT

Gee whiz, some underlying issues coming out here! Pretty sure I didn’t say or accuse you of any of those things.

But one thing you did bring up; do you think every Australian has now, and in the past had, equal opportunity to succeed?
No one has had a better opportunity now to succeed.
Surely that is progress.

Isn’t that the point? If it was the other way around then I’d say fair enough to a few things. But it’s not.

Ample opportunity to at least attempt to do something with your life rather than wallow in self pity