Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

Why the f*** would Collingwood supporters boo Buddy on the weekend?

Maybe because nothing has changed since cuz raised his jumper and they are still racist arseholes.

happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 6:55pm
Sainternist wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 5:28pm Did the person who racially vilified Jamarra Ugle-Hagen get a ban? Still can’t believe a Saints fan did that 🤦‍♂️

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 3:39pm Will the people booing JHF get a lifetime ban??
How about all those numpties that booed Adam Goodes? Retrospective bans for the lot of them!
I never booed Goodes but I think that at least a percentage of those that did, did so because he was an out and out thug.
Goodes a thug, you must be kidding. I live in NSW and have seen many Swans games. I cannot recall a single incident that I would say was acting as a thug. The booing of Adam Goodes was one of the most shameful episodes in Australian sport.

Dual Brownlow medalists are not thugs. Goodes was a fantastic player and a leader in the indigenous community.

To say he was a thug is just untrue.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sorry happy feet, but I remember quite well some really thuggist acts by Goods who had a habit of sticking his boots or knees into players on the ground. He did it too many times for it to be an accident.

And I did say a % of those booing.

I also believe that Goodes was treated disgracefully in the end and the mindless booing probably shortened his career.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:53pm Why the f*** would Collingwood supporters boo Buddy on the weekend?

Maybe because nothing has changed since cuz raised his jumper and they are still racist arseholes.
LOL - one Pie fan (?) on SEN said it was just because they are yelling Go Pies - but without their teeth in it sounds like Booooo

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:59pm Sorry happy feet, but I remember quite well some really thuggist acts by Goods who had a habit of sticking his boots or knees into players on the ground. He did it too many times for it to be an accident.

I also believe that Goodes was treated disgracefully in the end and the mindless booing probably shortened his career.
LOL - the whole contact below the knees is thanks to Goodes - he was not an out and out thug - but my impression of him was that he did play to hurt

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:53pm Why the f*** would Collingwood supporters boo Buddy on the weekend?

Ridiculous! Now you're making me stick up for 'filth' supporters!

Sydney got into Daicos, more likely they thought (rightly or wrongly) Buddy had something to do with it.

Seriously, the whining about the booing of Buddy is a pious wank.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 11:41am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 11:07am How do they enforce it?

Do the ticket sales people keep mug shots of the racists in those little booths?
You will find that they have facial recognition systems in place in most large venues. If you go to a shopping centre they have these systems and they record data like foot traffic, male &Female and age.They use these demographics in many ways from planning, marketing and so on. Facial recognition systems in airports and other security settings are more complex, they measure the bone structure of the face and the difference between features, say distance between eyes so that growing a beard or dying your hair will not trick the system.

So, you can almost guarantee, that wherever you go, someone is watching you.
And we're OK with that?

happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:59pm Sorry happy feet, but I remember quite well some really thuggist acts by Goods who had a habit of sticking his boots or knees into players on the ground. He did it too many times for it to be an accident.

Crap, where were these incidents, either put up or shut up.

I think have seen more Swans games than most, when you get a ticket into the corporate box with full hospitality who is going to say no.

I have never seen any of the incidents you described.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 5:28pm Did the person who racially vilified Jamarra Ugle-Hagen get a ban? Still can’t believe a Saints fan did that 🤦‍♂️

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 3:39pm Will the people booing JHF get a lifetime ban??
How about all those numpties that booed Adam Goodes? Retrospective bans for the lot of them!
I never booed Goodes but I think that at least a percentage of those that did, did so because he was an out and out thug.
Goodes an out and out thug? Really?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:56pm

Goodes a thug, you must be kidding. I live in NSW and have seen many Swans games. I cannot recall a single incident that I would say was acting as a thug. The booing of Adam Goodes was one of the most shameful episodes in Australian sport.

Dual Brownlow medalists are not thugs. Goodes was a fantastic player and a leader in the indigenous community.

To say he was a thug is just untrue.
Couldn’t agree more. Brilliant player who played the game fair and square. This “thug” accusation is nothing more than a feeble excuse to justify the booing. As you said, the booing of Goodes was absolutely shameful. A very sad chapter in the history of the game.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 8:05pm

LOL - one Pie fan (?) on SEN said it was just because they are yelling Go Pies - but without their teeth in it sounds like Booooo
8-) :lol: :wink:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Sadly there is quite a large presence of racial hatred still in our community and therefore amongst AFL supporters. I work directly with indigenous peoples and the s*** I have seen and have had said to me directly is appalling.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Sadly there is quite a large presence of racial hatred still in our community and therefore amongst AFL supporters. I work directly with indigenous peoples and the s*** I have seen and have had said to me directly is appalling.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 8:16pm

Crap, where were these incidents, either put up or shut up.

I think have seen more Swans games than most, when you get a ticket into the corporate box with full hospitality who is going to say no.

I have never seen any of the incidents you described.
As I said I saw some of these incidents and I do watch most AFL games including Swans games.

Frankly I don't give a rats one way or another.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

If Goodes was a thug, what does that make players like Baker, Plugger, etc?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 8:07pm

LOL - the whole contact below the knees is thanks to Goodes - he was not an out and out thug - but my impression of him was that he did play to hurt
This was the major incident that leads to the below the knee contact rule changes.
Warning before you watch, not pretty.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 8:07pm

This was the major incident that leads to the below the knee contact rule changes.
Warning before you watch, not pretty.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Duplicate
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Mon 08 May 2023 9:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Aristophanes

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

And even the commentators say it is something that is sneaking into Adam Goodes play - the Gary Rohan incident was a once off - Goodes was a known offender

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/goo ... 1x3ry.html

Even his coach was pleading with him to stop it.

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/146 ... t-it-slide
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Mon 08 May 2023 10:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Aristophanes

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was a great player - but he let himself down - and then said "What me?"

This is mot a good look for someone who played fair and square:

― Aristophanes

ace
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 9:57pm I thought he was a great player - but he let himself down - and then said "What me?"

This is mot a good look for someone who played fair and square:

How many weeks did Christian give the Australian of the Year for that tackle.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

The thing with Collingwood supporters is they're all car nuts .
Remember I think it was early 2010 when Roo did that bad hammy against them , and those car nuts started to shout and cheer when they realised he was going off with a bad leg injury.
Every club has a small percentage of arsehole supporters
Collingwood just has a much larger percentage

In red white and black from 73
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 8:58pm If Goodes was a thug, what does that make players like Baker, Plugger, etc?
Also thugs, but they were OUR thugs, so we loved them.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:45pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:35pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:23pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 3:08pm Unfortunately this type of behaviour is still very prevalent everywhere in society including this forum. The challenge is amongst that group of ppl that harbour those negative attitudes but know what they can and can’t say and walk around the line rather than cross it.

All you can really do is confront it directly when it rears its ugly head up in terms of behaviour and hope that with enough education and pressure, people see the error of their ways.

Certainly the worst of it I’ve ever copped has been here on this forum (which all things considered makes me pretty lucky), which is why I talk a lot less about my background. Those types of posts wouldn’t fly these days but you still catch snippets of it in people’s mannerisms

“Why would I watch that foreign sport”
“Your type”

Or you see it with people that always have issues with minorities or people of other cultures that take a stand against the bias - that’s when politics is sports is often not ok.

All in all though… every generation seems better than the next and I really think the young ppl coming through today really believe in the message of inclusiveness + respect and will put this to bed for us
Its actually not very prevalent.
It’s not blatant…
But in my experience, it’s very much prevalent
Are you talking about vilification in general, or racism specifically?
Aaah yes, I see what you’re saying.

Point conceded

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 8:09pm

Ridiculous! Now you're making me stick up for 'filth' supporters!

Sydney got into Daicos, more likely they thought (rightly or wrongly) Buddy had something to do with it.

Seriously, the whining about the booing of Buddy is a pious wank.
Oh, you poor dear. :wink: