It’s over

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: It’s over

SydneySainter wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 1:10am
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:48am
SydneySainter wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:41am
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:38am
SydneySainter wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:20am We can bury our head in the sand all we want. The same happened last year after that disaster in Cairns and our season went to Sh*te shortly thereafter.

I’m done with excuses and circumstances. We’ve had four coaches and never beaten Hinkley. Enough is enough.
If enough is enough for you, good bye.

You began sooking very early in the game. Almost like you were wishing the loss. Congratulations, you got your wish. I'll be in Sydney for our game. I'd love to catch up. Your theories on the game are very Sydney.
I haven’t watched us live in Sydney since 2016. Why? Because we ALWAYS get smoked.

Until the Saints can prove that they can start beating their bogeys, why pretend otherwise.
Thought as much. Coward.
I get one chance, sometimes two if I’m lucky to watch the Saints play throughout the season and yes, I’ve copped enough s*** from enough self-entitled yuppies in Sydney that I got to the point where I said “sod it.” Until the Saints can’t start competing against the Swines instead of being their bitch, why make my one football experience a year be a bloody misery.
Yep, come on here & make your misery ours.

Sorry, if you have the chance to wear the RW&B in Sydney, do it! Get out from behind the keyboard and let our players and the Sydney swine hear you.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 1:19am
SydneySainter wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 1:10am
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:48am
SydneySainter wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:41am
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:38am
SydneySainter wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 12:20am We can bury our head in the sand all we want. The same happened last year after that disaster in Cairns and our season went to Sh*te shortly thereafter.

I’m done with excuses and circumstances. We’ve had four coaches and never beaten Hinkley. Enough is enough.
If enough is enough for you, good bye.

You began sooking very early in the game. Almost like you were wishing the loss. Congratulations, you got your wish. I'll be in Sydney for our game. I'd love to catch up. Your theories on the game are very Sydney.
I haven’t watched us live in Sydney since 2016. Why? Because we ALWAYS get smoked.

Until the Saints can prove that they can start beating their bogeys, why pretend otherwise.
Thought as much. Coward.
I get one chance, sometimes two if I’m lucky to watch the Saints play throughout the season and yes, I’ve copped enough s*** from enough self-entitled yuppies in Sydney that I got to the point where I said “sod it.” Until the Saints can’t start competing against the Swines instead of being their bitch, why make my one football experience a year be a bloody misery.
Yep, come on here & make your misery ours.

Sorry, if you have the chance to wear the RW&B in Sydney, do it! Get out from behind the keyboard and let our players and the Sydney swine hear you.
I like your enthusiasm, but it will be unlikely that I do it this year, as I think the Swans will give us another bath on their turf.

Maybe one day, when we finally start beating our bogies.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha bloody haha

i just read all of that !

fair faux outrage

not coz SS is having a sook
but coz

he's missed the opportunity to submit the first
Sack the Coach thread

gaz disappointed

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like a real sad sack..ad nauseam too.

Pathetic behaviour.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I think SS may have chosen the wrong pastime or team

At least he doesn’t go to games.

May I suggest fly fishing…it’s relaxing

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Fri 28 Apr 2023 11:22pm If we can’t EVER beat Port, what’s the point. No matter the venue or the odds, we find ways to lose. Ross has been admirable, but it ends here.
Maybe you could support your local team, the Sydney Swines 👍

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don’t know… whilst I don’t agree with SS, I have to say that I do rather respect the emotional passion.

I used to have that. A loss, especially when we were favourites would ruin the night and I’d carry it around with me for a few days.

Last night wasn’t a devastating performance… we could have won the match… but when it mattered we made a key key poor choices and frankly… I’m disappointed that Windhager didn’t block, or add to the structure, or have the size, and have experience etc that Cordy brings week in and out.

Point that I’m making though is that it was a close match and I was over it after about 5min. Finished my night with a movie and some reading.

SS, obviously you’re hurting and good on you for caring. Don’t let the game effect you that much though

And everybody else… ease up a touch IMO. All of us have hit that emotional point of just being done with it all for a day or two after a bad effort.
I seem to recall someone here had a sensational melt down after a loss to Melbourne a year or two ago. It happens because we care too much and said forumite is always right back the following week.

Let’s not be too harsh

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I suggested he try fly fishing or something less stressful

Just being helpful

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 5:35pm
SydneySainter wrote: Fri 28 Apr 2023 11:22pm If we can’t EVER beat Port, what’s the point. No matter the venue or the odds, we find ways to lose. Ross has been admirable, but it ends here.
Maybe you could support your local team, the Sydney Swines 👍
That will NEVER happen. I’d jump on the G-train before the swines.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 5:35pm I don’t know… whilst I don’t agree with SS, I have to say that I do rather respect the emotional passion.

I used to have that. A loss, especially when we were favourites would ruin the night and I’d carry it around with me for a few days.

Last night wasn’t a devastating performance… we could have won the match… but when it mattered we made a key key poor choices and frankly… I’m disappointed that Windhager didn’t block, or add to the structure, or have the size, and have experience etc that Cordy brings week in and out.

Point that I’m making though is that it was a close match and I was over it after about 5min. Finished my night with a movie and some reading.

SS, obviously you’re hurting and good on you for caring. Don’t let the game effect you that much though

And everybody else… ease up a touch IMO. All of us have hit that emotional point of just being done with it all for a day or two after a bad effort.
I seem to recall someone here had a sensational melt down after a loss to Melbourne a year or two ago. It happens because we care too much and said forumite is always right back the following week.

Let’s not be too harsh
Con Gorozidis hasn’t posted on here for years. :D :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

If you're seeing what Melbourne are doing to North, I don't think they're catching us.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 9:46pm If you're seeing what Melbourne are doing to North, I don't think they're catching us.
Demons' % will be at least 145%, 12% better than ours.
We drop to 2nd.
Then if Pies beat Crows?
I haven't looked at their % yet

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 9:46pm If you're seeing what Melbourne are doing to North, I don't think they're catching us.
Who's catching us?
Dees are well ahead of our % now

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 10:19pm
Who's catching us?
Dees are well ahead of our % now
I was referring to the author who said North will catch us at our most vulnerable next week.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Relief actually, it was getting too exciting.
Have to be realistic: no coming back from a round 7, 7 point loss.
Its a good early call SydneySainter.
Refreshing change from all that neversaydie ANZAC loyalty rhetoric lastweek.
Got your white flag out the car window?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Ladder position:

Pies can't push us down a spot, unless...
I did some quick maths and they'd have to pump the Crows by maybe 75-80 points.
Just a rough calc on 'back of a napkin'.

Keep that in mind, folks.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I moved from Melb to Perf a few yrs back.
Saints came to Perf once a year, twice if we were lucky, and sometimes pre-season praccy matches.
I never missed one. Better than watching on TV.

If SS won't go 'in case we lose', well that's his/her/its choice, but it does colour my opinion of that poster.
That person isn't a supporter, nor even a fan.
Just a casual observer. Nothing more.
Like someone else said, 'take up fishing'

jays
Club Player

Are yous all insane? All pies need to do is win

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 2:54am Just a casual observer. Nothing more.
To be honest I fear for his safety if they were to take up fishing. Imagine how they would be if they failed to catch something or, god forbid, caught the wrong fish?

I think they are in the right city, follow the Swans, enjoy a latte, make funny noises as that skinny green man throws the ball over his head and try to remember the name of one player..."Buddyyyyyy!!!". All set, bonafide, invested, participating Sydney AFL tragic.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 8:07am
WellardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 2:54am Just a casual observer. Nothing more.
To be honest I fear for his safety if they were to take up fishing. Imagine how they would be if they failed to catch something or, god forbid, caught the wrong fish?

I think they are in the right city, follow the Swans, enjoy a latte, make funny noises as that skinny green man throws the ball over his head and try to remember the name of one player..."Buddyyyyyy!!!". All set, bonafide, invested, participating Sydney AFL tragic.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 2:54am I moved from Melb to Perf a few yrs back.
Saints came to Perf once a year, twice if we were lucky, and sometimes pre-season praccy matches.

If SS won't go 'in case we lose', well that's his/her/its choice, but it does colour my opinion of that poster.
You’re entitled to your opinion, but Swans are a bogey and we don’t just lose, we get thumped.

Also, have you seen the Swine supporters when they get on a roll? They’ve been living in cloud 9 since 2003 and the air of arrogance and entitlement is suffocating.

Also, when we started becoming Sydney’s bitch was during this mismanagement of the Nettleford era with the Watters appointment and followed by that debacle of a Finnis.

No matter how much the writing was on the wall - poor recruiting and on-field performances and overcommitting struggling coaches with needless contract extensions, it seemed the club direction was to prioritise positive community engagement incentives and telling the fans to keep bury their head in the sand, because we’re a destination club.

It left a bad taste in my mouth and it’s still there.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 8:07am

It will never happen.

If I ever changed teams, it would be the Giants. I’ve tried, but I just can’t get excited.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 10:55am
WellardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 2:54am I moved from Melb to Perf a few yrs back.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but Swans are a bogey and we don’t just lose, we get thumped.

Also, have you seen the Swine supporters when they get on a roll? They’ve been living in cloud 9 since 2003 and the air of arrogance and entitlement is suffocating.

Also, when we started becoming Sydney’s bitch was during this mismanagement of the Nettleford era with the Watters appointment and followed by that debacle of a Finnis.

No matter how much the writing was on the wall - poor recruiting and on-field performances and overcommitting struggling coaches with needless contract extensions, it seemed the club direction was to prioritise positive community engagement incentives and telling the fans to keep bury their head in the sand, because we’re a destination club.

Yep Correct W S, definitely not a fan.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 11:24am
SydneySainter wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 10:55am

Yep Correct W S, definitely not a fan.
And what makes you and WS so qualified to determine the criteria of what makes a fan or a true supporter?

I remember that argument was consistently flogged by Parkey, Ted, Stone Cold and Cairns Man during the Richo years. The crux of their argument was that a loyal fan wouldn’t dare criticise or show lack of support for a coach or administrator who works tirelessly for the club.

Finnis refused to acknowledge the plight that was affecting our club and he practically treated us all like idiots.

Supporting bad management doesn’t make you true fan or supporter.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 5:35pm I don’t know… whilst I don’t agree with SS, I have to say that I do rather respect the emotional passion.

Let’s not be too harsh
Most sensible post in this thread
SS we’ve all cared too much at times but by not going to see Saibts in Sydney you’re allowing that to cramp your lifestyle
Think of it this way: yes, we may lose a few….but the day we beat them on their own dung heap (I think this year is a real chance) you want to be there …..no better feeling walking out the ground with our song belting out …
Skeptic is right - end of the day it’s footy …take it for what it is but don’t let it ruin your emotions
A loss used to ruin my weekend
Now it’s just 1 game ….move on
A win gives me replays to watch for a week!
Get along and support them no matter you’ll be glad you did

“Yeah….nah””