Demographc for 2024

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Demographc for 2024

Interesting to hear talk re contracts on the radio and the expectation many will be done later int he year as the list is assessed. This makes sense considering the coaching staff and football staff all came in post trade and draft periods. RL has talked about getting young talent in many times.

Looking at the list
18-23 year olds (End of 2023 season): 20 players
24-30 year olds (End of 2023 season): 23 players
31 plus - 1 (Campbell)

Of the first group 7 are out of contract at end of the season
10 in the Second Group and Campbell in the 3rd

Gresham, McKenzie Restricted FA
Ross, Webster Unrestricted FA

Now NWM has signed will be interesting to see what happens with some of those out of contract EOY.
Guessing a watch on Gresham, Clark, Coffield - what they do and ability to get on and stay opn the park.
Would expect Caminiti , Stocker to get new offers which wont break the bank
McKenzie and Jones injury history will put a huge ? on a new contract at this stage I would think.

Base is not there with older players gone. Ability to add at the draft brings in younger guys and also doesn't hurt Salary cap when recruiting or re signing.

This also doesn't account for contracted players which may be moved

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Demographc for 2024

Reported on SEN that we are FINALLY taking a wait a see approach

TBF - there is no rush - Can you smell what the Ross is cooking????

If you don't want to be part of it - you can f@rk off.
That's why I was never worried about NWM - if his heart is not RW&B I don't want him at the club - but so glad he signed.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Would like to see Clark re signed

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm not fussed if they don't re-sign Jones, he doesn't give the club much return on their investment and his disposal skills are quite ordinary, from memory. :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
diddley
Club Player

I am stumped that Dmac is a restricted FA.
How is he in the top 25% paid players in the club.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

diddley wrote: Fri 21 Apr 2023 8:09am I am stumped that Dmac is a restricted FA.
Being a restricted FA has nothing to do with the size of your contract, it is a result of how long you have been at a club (8 years??). How much compensation the club would get if we lose a restricted FA is a result of the size of that players contract.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Become a destination club again and these things look after themselves.

diddley
Club Player

Dis Believer wrote: Fri 21 Apr 2023 9:13am
diddley wrote: Fri 21 Apr 2023 8:09am I am stumped that Dmac is a restricted FA.
Being a restricted FA has nothing to do with the size of your contract, it is a result of how long you have been at a club (8 years??). How much compensation the club would get if we lose a restricted FA is a result of the size of that players contract.
Those that earn inside of the top 25 per cent of their list or have spent at least eight years at their club qualify as restricted free agents. Players that have previously been qualified as free agents or have been delisted in the past qualify as unrestricted free agents.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Fri 21 Apr 2023 7:02pm
Those that earn inside of the top 25 per cent of their list or have spent at least eight years at their club qualify as restricted free agents. Players that have previously been qualified as free agents or have been delisted in the past qualify as unrestricted free agents.
Yes but you can't just "be" an RFA because you're in the top 25% of earners - you still have to have been there for 8 years before you qualify as an RFA!

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
diddley
Club Player

Dis Believer wrote: Fri 21 Apr 2023 11:32pm
Yes but you can't just "be" an RFA because you're in the top 25% of earners - you still have to have been there for 8 years before you qualify as an RFA!
Yes I get the 8 years at the one club, and uncontracted to qualify part.
But after 8 years, uncontracted and you are in the top 25% earners of the club, you are a Restricted FA.
8 years, uncontracted and in the bottom 75% earners, you are Unrestricted FA.

The point I was making originally, is why is among the top 25% of earners at out club? That has me stumped. That’s roughly the top 11 players in the club salary wise. That can’t be right.

axcellence
Club Player

diddley wrote: Sat 22 Apr 2023 12:06am
But after 8 years, uncontracted and you are in the top 25% earners of the club, you are a Restricted FA.

The point I was making originally, is why is among the top 25% of earners at out club? That has me stumped. That’s roughly the top 11 players in the club salary wise. That can’t be right.
Could have had a backended contract to make him a RFA. Just means that if someone picks him up Saints would get something possibly. That’s just a thought on how his contract would have been set in 2021.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Sat 22 Apr 2023 12:06am

OK, makes more sense, I think I missed the point you were originally trying to make........

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I think that the OP has Ross and McKenzie in the wrong columns.
There is no way, IMHO, that McKenzie is in our top 11 paid players and Ross isn't.
I'd be amazed if that were true.

diddley
Club Player

! Message from: diddley
Mr Magic wrote: Sat 22 Apr 2023 10:46am I think that the OP has Ross and McKenzie in the wrong columns.
There is no way, IMHO, that McKenzie is in our top 11 paid players and Ross isn't.
I'd be amazed if that were true.
Nope. It’s all correct. I just don’t believe that Dmac should be in that bracket.
But I do think axellence is correct. It is probably because the contract was back ended.

(Ross is UFA because the 25% rule is ignored after 10 years at the club, which Ross has now qualified for)

Saintmike65
Club Player

I’m pretty sure Ross and Billings both had cuts to their salary last contract review.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Who might have predicted Ronnie Burns selected to start in front of Windy. Fluctuations, eh. And the Caminiti story. If I were a manager I would not be playing the lets shelve talks for a while card, just lock something in.