Is Caminiti in trouble?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Caminiti in trouble?

CarlD wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 12:32pm Does it mean that there are two outcomes for the same action - if you concuss the person you get several weeks, if they play on with no ill affects you perhaps cop a week or maybe a fine. Now the AFL issue bans based on how much of a glass jaw someone has even though the action was the same. Have I got this wrong?
No you haven't

Plus, you have the pile on which started with a few Collingwood players after the game. Followed by the coach of Collingwood declaring that Murphy suffered concussion.

The Collingwood FC could have assessed Murphy on Monday or Tuesday or not mentioned anything. It's totally up to them if they want to be protective or overly cautious with a player who has concussion history

The MRO (in my opinion) was listening to the 'noise' instead of assessing the incident in isolation. Was it an incident that is likely to cause concussion to 99% of other players?

He is after all an ex Collingwood player

saintkid
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 11:27am
This 'forced retirement' is being talked about right now, I reckon, because of the John Barnes, Ablett and other class actions.
Will come very very soon.
We ought to sue Ablett Sr for damages to St Kilda players. I can think of several
So true bigcarl. My old man was at the 1991 final against Geelong at Waverley when 3 vs 4 was stupidly deemed an elimination. We were the form side, Lockett kicked 9.7 and early in the game that thug Gary Ablett king hit Nathan Burke badly and took him out of the remainder of the final. This could have well swayed the game their way at the end.
Burkey's old man was so upset and quite emotional too.
Ablett Senior was and still is a lowlife.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 1:04pm
This 'forced retirement' is being talked about right now, I reckon, because of the John Barnes, Ablett and other class actions.
We ought to sue Ablett Sr for damages to St Kilda players. I can think of several
So true bigcarl. My old man was at the 1991 final against Geelong at Waverley when 3 vs 4 was stupidly deemed an elimination. We were the form side, Lockett kicked 9.7 and early in the game that thug Gary Ablett king hit Nathan Burke badly and took him out of the remainder of the final. This could have well swayed the game their way at the end.
As they say, what goes around comes around. He’s got his by the sounds of it.

I was at that game, too. Plugger was awesome, but strangely wayward by his standards. It was his first final.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 1:08pm

I was at that game, too. Plugger was awesome, but strangely wayward by his standards. It was his first final.
I was there too.
Plugger had some atrocious misses..at crucial times.
When a flutter of hope mixes with awful anxiety as our lead slips away - disgust and disappointment as the inevitable result is cushioned by the rationale, that we made th finals and we are 'on the up'.

We must be mindful of the 'honourable loss' syndrome folks , especially after the Collingwood affair in Adelaide. Many a times, they are followed up with a jaw dropping shocking loss. I can't feel anything but hope at this point however..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saintkid
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 1:20pm

I was there too.
When a flutter of hope mixes with awful anxiety as our lead slips away - disgust and disappointment as the inevitable result is cushioned by the rationale, that we made th finals and we are 'on the up'.

We must be mindful of the 'honourable loss' syndrome folks , especially after the Collingwood affair in Adelaide. Many a times, they are followed up with a jaw dropping shocking loss. I can't feel anything but hope at this point however..
My father still can't believe how we lost that one. We played better, Lockett was electrifying but missed some easy ones by his standards and it was a perfect windless day.
Brownless did not miss at all and they were forced to move Stoneham on Lockett.
On top of losing Burkey early we also lost David Grant.
It was the club's first final for a number of years he said and the Waverley ground was packed.
The footy gods just don't seem to like our club...
Last edited by saintkid on Wed 19 Apr 2023 2:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint 58
Club Player

I can't recall Ablett EVER copping a hit to the head.
Show mw one, just one & I'll show you 5 or 6 that he dished out - Burke, Bardsley, Dipper, etc.

Maybe something happened in the hotel with Alicia Horan 20 years ago ...

Have to agree with SaintKid:
"Ablett Senior was and still is a lowlife."

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 1:52pm

I was there too.

My father still can't believe how we lost that one. We played better, Lockett was electrifying but missed some easy ones by his standards and it was a perfect windless day.
Browlnless did not miss at all and they were forced to move Stoneham on Lockett.
It was the club's first final for a number of years he said and the Waverley ground was packed.
Your ol' man was right. In fact, it sounds like an understatement.

It was our first final since the age of the dinosaurs.
Since black and white TV.
Not kidding.

From the time I hit double digits, the Saints were in decline with one false dawn for part of 1978.

It was truly monumental for a guy like me...already burnt out at 27 years of age...lol

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saintkid
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 2:34pm
saintkid wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 1:52pm

I was there too.

Browlnless did not miss at all and they were forced to move Stoneham on Lockett.
Your ol' man was right. In fact, it sounds like an understatement.

It was our first final since the age of the dinosaurs.
Since black and white TV.
Not kidding.

From the time I hit double digits, the Saints were in decline with one false dawn for part of 1978.

It was truly monumental for a guy like me...already burnt out at 27 years of age...lol
You sound exactly like him too. He just said it was 1973, so it was 18 years wait!
No wonder he was not happy at all coming home...

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Good advice from RTB here:

https://www.examiner.com.au/story/81644 ... iking-ban/

But is anyone going to advise Nathan Murphy to develop some more self-control?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
takeaway
Club Player

meher baba wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 4:43pm Good advice from RTB here:

No. Pretty much standard throughout the defender industry. Just ask some forwards, ie Max King, Nick Riewoldt, Dunstall, etc.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 4:43pm Good advice from RTB here:

Thanks meher. I like RTBs advice, essentially "don't repay kindness, pass it on" .

I think Caminiti already advised him & Murphy's reaction has been spotlighted. I don't expect Murphy to try that again, unless he finds a guaranteed soft target.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Plugger kicked 9.5 in that final. It wasn’t a couple of east ones he missed - it was the fact that he had 9 to 3qtr time and kicked none in the last. And not helped by the very rare shocker by Buckets which meant Geebung could afford to take Stoneham off him and onto Plugger, who he then held so well.

One of the all time best games of footy but a sad case of what might’ve been for the Saints

saynta
Saintsational Legend

He also took out another saints player as well..David Grant. Never forget this junkie gave a young girl heroin, told her it was cocaine and didn't call for help when she overdosed and died. Yep you are right he is a low life and I don't give a f*** if a certain fellow poster gets his knickers in a knot over my comments.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 2:25pm I can't recall Ablett EVER copping a hit to the head.
Show mw one, just one & I'll show you 5 or 6 that he dished out - Burke, Bardsley, Dipper, etc.

Grant...maybe GOD's brain is affected by all the s*** he put in his body.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 19 Apr 2023 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 10:59am
saynta wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 10:27am
amusingname wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 10:46pm
saynta wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 9:51pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 9:40pm
saynta wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 8:44pm 3 weeks is better than I hoped for. Pity the filth player wasn't cited.
It was looked at - insufficient force.
Yeah, Caminiti stayed on his feet and later didn't fake concussion.
You have completely invented a narrative there, unbelievable.
What did I say that was untrue? Caminiti stayed on his feet.....yes,

Caminiti didn't fake that he had concussion....again true. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You and everyone who reads that know what you are getting at, that you claim that Caminiti didn’t fake concussion but Murphy did. I called you out on calling it an ‘alleged concussion’ in this thread which you say was ‘clearly tongue in cheek’. You can roll your eyes as much as you want, if you make ridiculous claims you will get called out.
Do you know that Murphy actually got concussion from Caminiti's action? No, you don't. Did you know that the filth doctors ruled Murphy out with concussion without even examining him? Obviously you don't. :roll: :roll:

If someone from that slimy club told me it was raining, I would still go outside and have a look.

You can call me out all you f****** like. I don't and won't give a tu'penny f***.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 19 Apr 2023 8:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Possibly needs its own thread but the comments are here so if I was Barnes who appears to have suffered genuine trauma from head knocks, I would be extremely angry that Ablett is making his money grab because he's snorted all his credit into his system. If Ablett gets one cent from the claim, I hope the Horan family gets two cents from Ablett for each cent.

Saint 58
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 7:02pm
Saint 58 wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 2:25pm I can't recall Ablett EVER copping a hit to the head.

Grant...maybe GOD's brain is affected by all the s*** he put in his body.
He’s such a devout Christian 😂
Hope he realises this is God punishing him for all the bad things he did

Shouldn’t wish harm to anyone, but FXXX HIM

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 7:10pm
amusingname wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 10:59am
saynta wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 10:27am
amusingname wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 10:46pm
saynta wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 9:51pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 9:40pm
saynta wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 8:44pm 3 weeks is better than I hoped for. Pity the filth player wasn't cited.
It was looked at - insufficient force.
Yeah, Caminiti stayed on his feet and later didn't fake concussion.
You have completely invented a narrative there, unbelievable.
What did I say that was untrue? Caminiti stayed on his feet.....yes,

Caminiti didn't fake that he had concussion....again true. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You and everyone who reads that know what you are getting at, that you claim that Caminiti didn’t fake concussion but Murphy did. I called you out on calling it an ‘alleged concussion’ in this thread which you say was ‘clearly tongue in cheek’. You can roll your eyes as much as you want, if you make ridiculous claims you will get called out.
Do you know that Murphy actually got concussion from Caminiti's action? Know you don't. Did you know that the filth doctors ruled Murphy out with concussion without even examining him? Obviously you don't. :roll: :roll:

If someone from that slimy club told me it was raining, I would still go outside and have a look.

You can call me out all you f****** like. I don't and won't give a tu'penny f***.
F…Murphy and F… Collingwood. They have always been the bogan club full of liars and bulls*** artists Have they changed all of a sudden? Check the club’s history during the McAllister years.
The racism by the pres not to mention the off field activities of its players. s*** club s*** supporters
The ex head of their cheer squad for years is a pedo.
If any of you ever went to vic park will know what I’m talking about

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

😬😁👍

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintkid
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 7:01pm
He also took out another saints player as well..David Grant. Never forget this junkie gave a young girl heroin, told her it was cocaine and didn't call for help when she overdosed and died. Yep you are right he is a low life and I don't give a f*** if a certain fellow poster gets his knickers in a knot over my comments.
Oh yes that was mentioned about David Grant in my above post too saynta. Suffice to say he single handedly ruined our chances that day with his dog acts. Burkey came off the worst (quite bad in fact with little recollection of the match) and it was meant to be such a special day for both of them, playing in the club's first final in 18 years.
Burkey was only 21 and had little memory of the day thanks to to this scum of a human being (and he most definitely is).

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Apr 2023 10:32am
Annoyedsaint wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 11:11pm
WellardSaint wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 10:55pm
bigcarl wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 10:31pm This Murphy has a history of concussions, a bit like McCartin, who is ko’d by the most seemingly-innocuous incidents.

Concussions has become a minefield for the AFL, hence its desperation to be seen to be taking strong action on anything that leads to a concussion. I see now Ablett Sr will sue the league over historic injuries.

How long before the league puts a limit on how many concussions a player can have before he is retired against his will.

I spent a few years in insurance, and Workers Comp insurers NEVER insure sheep shearers for example, because of back injuries etc.
AFL will need to quickly jump onto the concussion thing to prevent huge payouts
Ok then. Get players to sign waivers.
This business of suspending everyone for anything related to head issues is beyond ridiculous. It’s completely ruining the game. If you won’t sign a waiver then you don’t get paid your $700k a year. To earn that money you need to give up something along the way, otherwise get a 9-5 job like us commoners.

It will be touch footy before we know it.

Now that is completely unbelievable. You obviously know f*** all about the law.
It’s all legal eagle bulls***.
Destroying all contact sports for fear of payouts.

Who is to stop players in future then suing for knee and hip replacements because their strength and conditioning coaches worked them too hard and ruined their lives because they can’t move around freely.

Lawyers love this stuff $$$$$$

For everyone else it’s so idiotic.

More people will gravitate to the local suburban games if this continues where good hard footy occurs without the midweek circus over a tackle!!

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Racism is not always directed at indigenous people.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 20 Apr 2023 12:37am Racism is not always directed at indigenous people.
Very interesting Tony

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Racism is bad enough and uncalled for, but now we have AFL sanctioned punching people in the head on top of that, to make matters worse (insufficient force makes it okay - Caminiti wasn't knocked out).

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Pretty disappointing and embarrassing after the stand with Nicky at the start of the game.

No wonder both clubs trying to keep it from the media.