Caminiti

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caminiti

Toy Saint wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 3:29pm Who was better against the Dogs? Caminiti or Phipipou?
I think they both played out of their skins but the comparison is a strange one.
I think they both stretched their opponents but Phillipou doesn't need to do much to impact. Technically, he was outstanding.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 3:33pm
Toy Saint wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 3:29pm Who was better against the Dogs? Caminiti or Phipipou?
I think they both played out of their skins but the comparison is a strange one.
I think they both stretched their opponents but Phillipou doesn't need to do much to impact. Technically, he was outstanding.
stats wise Caminiti was better, Matteas got an extra goal, I'd say Camminiti also looked like he had a bit more of an appetite for body work, had a few more CPs too.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 3:45pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 3:33pm
stats wise Caminiti was better, Matteas got an extra goal, I'd say Camminiti also looked like he had a bit more of an appetite for body work, had a few more CPs too.
Yes, Caminiiti is a key forward, he'd not have played well without contested possessions, that's for sure.

SuperDuper
Club Player

9 marks in his second game, playing as a KPF as a teenager.
If was a top 10 pick we would be pretty happy right now.
Showed more than the 2 bulldogs KPFs taken at pick 1 and 2 in 2020 and 2021 respectively

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 8:09am 9 marks in his second game, playing as a KPF as a teenager.
Showed more than the 2 bulldogs KPFs taken at pick 1 and 2 in 2020 and 2021 respectively
Spot on! Was saying the same thing to my mates. This kid has it. His number 1 quality which is essential as a KPP at this level is he’s bloody aggressive at the ball and he doesn’t fumble. Id go as far as to say he’s the most exciting KP fwd I’ve seen at the Saints since Roo

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the pick of the bunch

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 12:23pm
SuperDuper wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 8:09am 9 marks in his second game, playing as a KPF as a teenager.
Spot on! Was saying the same thing to my mates. This kid has it. His number 1 quality which is essential as a KPP at this level is he’s bloody aggressive at the ball and he doesn’t fumble. Id go as far as to say he’s the most exciting KP fwd I’ve seen at the Saints since Roo
He also moves so well. Excellent agility. So he's not just a marking target but he's a playmaker as well. A few times I've noticed his ability to make a split second decision and use his agility to evade and hand off. Extraordinary that he was overlooked until we came calling.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

with those ears he should get more air time over the packs.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

He was interviewed saying he broke his leg just before the draft in his draft year chasing a mate at school

Was predicted to go late or rookie but that incident put things on hold.

I was rapt that he took that shot beyond 50 - he backed himself on the run and he nailed it - this confidence and swagger we have been missing for far too long

A decade of King Caminiti Owens and Phillipou roaming the forwardline is salivating - just need a couple of electric dynamo smalls and opposition teams won't know what to do

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 5:08pm He was interviewed saying he broke his leg just before the draft in his draft year chasing a mate at school

Was predicted to go late or rookie but that incident put things on hold.

I was rapt that he took that shot beyond 50 - he backed himself on the run and he nailed it - this confidence and swagger we have been missing for far too long

A decade of King Caminiti Owens and Phillipou roaming the forwardline is salivating - just need a couple of electric dynamo smalls and opposition teams won't know what to do
Peris has a will to succeed second to none. Just ask his mum. :wink:

Club Player

More so than Max King? Wow. 🤔

Moods
Saintsational Legend

1971 wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 10:42pm
In my opinion yes. Max is genetically more gifted and could be anything, BUT he still ducks his head going for marks and just doesn't have that natural aggression. I've got no doubt he'll be a 200+ gamer and an excellent AFL footballer. Just reckon after 2 AFL games this kid could be anything. He's barely done a pre-season. To think we suddenly have a CHF and FF for the next 10 years with tall athletic mids/fwds in Phillipou and Owens. The mind boggles considering we couldn't even get our #1 pick right 8 years ago.

The best thing that ever happened to the saints in 12 years is all these injuries. Suddenly youngsters are playing games and showing us the future. I haven't been this excited about the Saints since 2004

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Caminiti has been instant, albeit delayed from his draft year. The kind of injured kid you make promises to. His impact against the Dogs shouldn't be overestimated but when you look at the way he went about it, he is certainly one we will all enjoy watching.
I tend to agree with Riewoldt for impact,SO FAR, and he is in good company when we look back at our forward who had instant impact. Lockett, Loewe and Rod Owen, come to mind.

Saintmike65
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 11:12pm Caminiti has been instant, albeit delayed from his draft year. The kind of injured kid you make promises to. His impact against the Dogs shouldn't be overestimated but when you look at the way he went about it, he is certainly one we will all enjoy watching.
I tend to agree with Riewoldt for impact,SO FAR, and he is in good company when we look back at our forward who had instant impact. Lockett, Loewe and Rod Owen, come to mind.

Jason Heatley was pretty handy too..another with instant impact!

King Max
Club Player

Am I the only one who let out an involuntary “Caminiti, you beauty” when he kicked his first goal?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 11:12pm Caminiti has been instant, albeit delayed from his draft year. The kind of injured kid you make promises to. His impact against the Dogs shouldn't be overestimated but when you look at the way he went about it, he is certainly one we will all enjoy watching.
Sheez shouldn't we let the dust settle on the last instant hero before we anoint his successor.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get excited about the young guys getting a game but let's give the kid at least one full season before we go mentioning his name in the same sentences as Lockett?

I

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 11:05pm
1971 wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 10:42pm
In my opinion yes. Max is genetically more gifted and could be anything, BUT he still ducks his head going for marks and just doesn't have that natural aggression. I've got no doubt he'll be a 200+ gamer and an excellent AFL footballer. Just reckon after 2 AFL games this kid could be anything. He's barely done a pre-season. To think we suddenly have a CHF and FF for the next 10 years with tall athletic mids/fwds in Phillipou and Owens. The mind boggles considering we couldn't even get our #1 pick right 8 years ago.

The best thing that ever happened to the saints in 12 years is all these injuries. Suddenly youngsters are playing games and showing us the future. I haven't been this excited about the Saints since 2004
And the opposition haven't had a good look at him and worked out how to play him. He'll he hasn't even worked thst out. I hope we don't create Sharman Mk2 and over hype the kid.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have seen a sample size of caminiti to hype him

wally
Club Player

Hopefully he can be as reliable / good as say Miacheck for Coll. even in his first game he was competing and bring ball to ground perfect partner for Membrey & king

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 8:55am
I'm not saying we shouldn't get excited about the young guys getting a game but let's give the kid at least one full season before we go mentioning his name in the same sentences as Lockett?
How do you think this thread got this far? With rational and balanced posts?

This is Saintsational

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 10:24am

This is Saintsational
Yes it is, and the last thing we need is a f****** wet blanket.

SaintWiki
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 10:36am

This is Saintsational
Yes it is, and the last thing we need is a f****** wet blanket.
And in the short term let's hope the club don't spook the young guns in the 150th

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Sheez shouldn't we let the dust settle on the last instant hero before we anoint his successor.

I
I agree with you Vort. I am aware I am expressing myself, using the vibrations I'm feeling in the short hairs that rose up on my forearms, every time he went near the ball.
His possession count is not the impressive bit for me.
It's the athleticism he exhibited in his latest match, and has, since he first stepped out on the grass at RSEA merely a moth ago.
Those vibrations, fell familiar, and I'm not usually hesitant to share my intuition for fear of looking silly later, so I appreciate the advice and take note what I am risking.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 11:26am

I
I agree with you Vort. I am aware I am expressing myself, using the vibrations I'm feeling in the short hairs that rose up on my forearms, every time he went near the ball.
His possession count is not the impressive bit for me.
It's the athleticism he exhibited in his latest match, and has, since he first stepped out on the grass at RSEA merely a moth ago.
Those vibrations, fell familiar, and I'm not usually hesitant to share my intuition for fear of looking silly later, so I appreciate the advice and take note what I am risking.
he who doesnt take risks is doomed to a dull and boring low sample sized life.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

This is Saintsational
All I can do is try my best to help out in that regard and provide guidance on calm and rational free thought but I must admit some days I get exhausted.