What was on the audio?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: What was on the audio?

What a beat up this whole thing is. The media just poke into any crevice looking for an oppo to pedal shyte.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 6:06pm What a beat up this whole thing is. The media just poke into any crevice looking for an oppo to pedal shyte.
Good call. I doubt any audio has cracked the Da Vinci code with the players currently available & how we wish to play in 2023. The media are unsure which direction to make a mountain from, the player's feelings, the game plan, amateur incompetence or RTB's reaction.

It's a long week this one...the longest!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 5:13pm Tony Jones has lived a cosseted life. Imagine if he ever worked in construction, had a meeting with some truckies or had to minute a Maritime Union meeting. Soft and pudgy.
When Rebecca Judd was leaving Ch9, Jones swooped in to plant a smelly kiss on her cheek.
Inappropriate, unwelcome.
I don't like her, but the fact that he thought he could do that, is just weird.

And Naomi Osaka won the Oz Open, one question from him was would she go on a big shopping spree.
Another commentator tried to pull him up- he justified it by saying we've just handed over a lot of $$ and she'd want to boost the local economy.
Blind Freddie knows how shy she is, but he was like a bully trying to make a reluctant dog walk on very hot day

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

"Well done everyone, we won by 6 goals with a team full of young players and rookies!"

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

We"re always short odds to hit the news in the preseason.

Sure, other clubs stuff up, but when it's our club, it seems unlucky or fate

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

It's been that way since the 80s, but it's worse now because every little thing is an opportunity for a desperate, attention seeking journo to get his name out there first, and the frenzied pack of try-hards who missed out on the 'scoop' then pile on with as much exaggeration as possible to keep the 'story' bubbling along unto the next 'scandal', because there is stuff all of real substance to talk about. They look for any scraps that get their name out there

As each year goes by, I watch and listen to less and less of these talentless clowns and just try to focus on watching the games. I don't need their 'expert comments and analysis'. I can form my own opinions while watching a game. And the game is what counts, not the soap opera of people's piddling misdemeanours and slip-ups.

It's enough of a soap opera on here without having to endure the endless tripe of overpaid football commentators :D

wally
Club Player

I bet he paid a lot of money for them choppers

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Who was the dolt who “accidentally” uploaded the audio?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 6:06pm What a beat up this whole thing is. The media just poke into any crevice looking for an oppo to pedal shyte.
It pays to be cautiously sceptical in this day and age of the 24/7/365 news cycle.

Probably shrunk to a 6 hour news cycle now with media going early to try and troll the crap out of every potential scandal to extract as much audience hits/profit and “value” as they possibly can.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I don’t think we can call it good.
Perhaps there might be a silver lining to the cloud.

It might bond the team together …and make the team United bubble ?

The potential damage point is that players might not like hearing coaches and assistant coaches saying things like,

‘Why is Hunter running that way? Doesn’t he listen?’
‘That’s the third time Coops has turned left..I told you he was thick as a brick’
‘Paton is cooked, I told ya, he’s too slow after Roughy-gate’
Where the f is Shane Grambeau when we need him?’

I think that’s where the juice is for the media…players May be shamed and insulted in the coaching box, and then potentially humiliated in the media.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

It was the intricate game plan. No one can beat us without it. Damo knows all about it and will progressively release it through the season.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmm it’s pretty damning stuff 😬

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Rubyjo wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 5:03pm
Jeez, Jack's gotta lose that moustache! So bad it may affect his form.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Sat 11 Mar 2023 11:45pm Hmmmm it’s pretty damning stuff 😬
It's worse than I thought

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
1965 Saint
Club Player

Alleged extracts from it were published in the Perth daily newspaper today. He allegedly has said “Not working hard enough”, “Lazy”, “Won’t spread to contests” apparently directed at Jack Steele and worse - “I can’t take this group anywhere”. If the last bit is true, he may have lost the players already. The effort or potentially lack thereof on Sunday will be a pointer.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If he loses players over something so innocuous as that then good riddance

We don’t need soft c&#ks

1965 Saint
Club Player

I wouldn’t consider “I can’t take this group anywhere” to be innocuous. The implication is that we are years away and he’s not renowned for patience. It adds credence to the other post on potential deep cuts to the list. It wouldn’t engender a high degree of enthusiasm amongst the playing group and if you’re playing for your future you will likely be selfish, which is the last thing we need.

Sanctorum
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 11:28am If he loses players over something so innocuous as that then good riddance

We don’t need soft c&#ks
Correct, if these leaks are verified it's no big deal, players (and supporters) would be pretty naive if they thought that coaches did not express their forthright opinions of players in the privacy of the coaching box on game day. There is also nothing wrong wih a player being in fear of a coach's wrath!

This is reminiscent of Luke Dunstan dropping his bundle in 2021 when Brett Ratten criticised him for what was presumably a lack of effort on the training track.....since crossing to Melbourne in 2022 he has been selected 3 times plus twice as the medical sub.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Changing coaches is always fraught with danger. Coaches come and coaches go. Hopefully leaving the place in a better state without damaging too many fragile egos.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 12:44pm Changing coaches is always fraught with danger. Coaches come and coaches go. Hopefully leaving the place in a better state without damaging too many fragile egos.
Collingwood knew they were in rebuild before Craig McRae was appointed

I'd say we are in a similar position to where they were last year. We were pretty much in rebuild mode before Ross Lyon arrived

Only difference is that the Collingwood coach didn't write off his playing list in the practice matches prior to Round 1

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

He'll have to get his head around the fact that he's going to be a coach that guides us through this rebuild.

He's got experience. He had to do it at Fremantle. He's going to have to be patient

Luckily there's Lenny, BJ, Banger and Enright there to guide the young players

It's a positive for him and the club if he acknowledges that we are in rebuild mode.

It takes the pressure off. We don't need to try and make finals and we don't need to have immediate results

In one way, it might help secure his position as senior coach for much much longer than his initial 4 year term.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 12:38pm I wouldn’t consider “I can’t take this group anywhere” to be innocuous.
Perhaps the boys were just being very rude to the opposition in a game we were hosting.

Its maybe why we can't have nice things.

Ratts might have let them get away with breaking certain rules and choosing when to go but Ross wants exceptional football behaviour.

Manners chaps. Team first.

Anything wrong with the coach telling them: if you play like that you are going nowhere. Possibly a shock for some after being humoured for last couple of years.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

RTB went into damage control.

Then they all went away and had a chuckle.

A bit like safe and effective.

Nothing to see here folks.

Move along.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 12:38pm I wouldn’t consider “I can’t take this group anywhere” to be innocuous. The implication is that we are years away and he’s not renowned for patience. It adds credence to the other post on potential deep cuts to the list. It wouldn’t engender a high degree of enthusiasm amongst the playing group and if you’re playing for your future you will likely be selfish, which is the last thing we need.
You maybe overthinking this
If you were a member of a team that the coach conveyed he couldn’t take you anywhere, would you buckle down along with your teammates and improve or would you drop your lip and go into your shell?
As I said this is a storm in a tea cup

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 7:09pm
1965 Saint wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 12:38pm I wouldn’t consider “I can’t take this group anywhere” to be innocuous. The implication is that we are years away and he’s not renowned for patience. It adds credence to the other post on potential deep cuts to the list. It wouldn’t engender a high degree of enthusiasm amongst the playing group and if you’re playing for your future you will likely be selfish, which is the last thing we need.
You maybe overthinking this
If you were a member of a team that the coach conveyed he couldn’t take you anywhere, would you buckle down along with your teammates and improve or would you drop your lip and go into your shell?
As I said this is a storm in a tea cup
I agree with you in regard to making too much of a fuss about what was said, but I remember when Richo was criticised by Jarryn Geary for being too negative.

Trust and confidence goes both ways. You have to show faith and trust in your players while they are part of the team.

Ross needs to stay ultra positive if he wants to be a successful coach and just take the ego, and self interest and emotion out of it.