If Brad Hill chooses to leave do we have to pay

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: If Brad Hill chooses to leave do we have to pay

I would suggest that little-kick-turnovers he gets accused, whether or not they are 100% his bad deeds or not, arise because he presents and heat a fair bit of the ball.
So I think he can still get his fingers in the ball and spring away like a gazelle as before and I also think it is a part of modern footy.
Now we escapes contests yes..but he did start to hold a few tackles I noticed towards the end of the season. Moreover. He started to get attention and was played in odd positions for my elite football brain.
Worms Roxanne...worms!

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 29 Aug 2022 5:09pm
I’ll be interested to see if he slims down again if he goes to North.
Was thinking this also.
If he goes to North I bet he gets super fit.
No way he’d show up under Clarkson less than elite fitness IMO.

If (IF) this turns out to be the case he has been taking the piss with Ratten and the Saints.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The press are always 100% (not)
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/31/ ... urth-club/

But I intuitively feel the gist of it.

If I were Brad, I’d buy a helmet and ear plugs.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

We are playing it the right way putting the onus on Hill to make a decision ...... if he is the one requesting a trade or forcing one then according to previous posts that could void his contract ........ and also North would have to cough up something decent

Interesting to hear Tarryn Thomas wants out of North ..... would anyone be interested in a straight swap deal? Or does Thmoas have too much baggage?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 31 Aug 2022 3:32pm We are playing it the right way putting the onus on Hill to make a decision ...... if he is the one requesting a trade or forcing one then according to previous posts that could void his contract ........ and also North would have to cough up something decent

Interesting to hear Tarryn Thomas wants out of North ..... would be anyone be interested in a straight swap deal? Or does Thmoas have too much baggage?
Surely it is the manager steering the ship, and after getting the gig here, I wouldn’t be firing that manager - I’d be listening.

SaintJohn1956
Club Player

The Age is reporting Clarkson has approached Hill and Ben Long (who is yet to re-sign).

Saint John
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohn1956 wrote: Wed 31 Aug 2022 9:27pm The Age is reporting Clarkson has approached Hill and Ben Long (who is yet to re-sign).
Unless Zurhaar leaves to generate DPs or they can generate more suitable DPs in other ways not sure how they can satisfy us in return

Clarkson also interested in Willie Rioli

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hill & Long for their no 1 draft pick :shock: :twisted: 8-)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It already appears that Clarko doesn’t have the stomach to continue the rebuild.

😹

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rubyjo
Club Player

I'd love to see him leave and see how he performs in his new team . Like a sick voyeur id like to see him exposed in a team worse than us . Like a cuddly bear he just rolls around doing some good and f****** up a lot with a big 900 k a year smile on his couldn't give a damn face . Give me a Mc kenzie any day of the week ..Hill doesn't belong at the saints ..Down hill skier .

Club Player

10 Hills in a Saints jumper or 10 McKenzie's. Know which I'd prefer.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Rubyjo wrote: Wed 31 Aug 2022 11:21pm I'd love to see him leave and see how he performs in his new team . Like a sick voyeur id like to see him exposed in a team worse than us . Like a cuddly bear he just rolls around doing some good and f****** up a lot with a big 900 k a year smile on his couldn't give a damn face . Give me a Mc kenzie any day of the week ..Hill doesn't belong at the saints ..Down hill skier .
Either that or Clarko uses him better.
Runs between the arcs and his teammates use him when he's on the move.

Agree it would be interesting to see if there is a difference

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

1971 wrote: Wed 31 Aug 2022 11:49pm 10 Hills in a Saints jumper or 10 McKenzie's. Know which I'd prefer.
I think you’re confusing netball with aussie rules football.

In footy you have contests. Someone in your team has to win the footy before a Hill type can run past and get a receive.

How do you think Hill would go in a marking contest against DMac….or a loose ground ball contest?? 8-) 8-) 8-)

The ideal is to to have a few of each, but if you said the whole team has to either be 1 or the other I’d go 18 x DMacs for sure :mrgreen:

Club Player

Yep I would go eighteen Dmacs too.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

So we gp into the gutter do we?

The standard of posts deteriorates with the hour, except for the great Shane Grambeau, who continues to maintain excellent standards.

Now we are writing the Brad Hill legacy are we?

And finiding new ways to insult him and degrade his contribution?

And comparing him to the another warrior? Who is coming off a very low base. (McZenzie) before you tried Long.

When will we learn to be competitive?

Brad Hill was a major reason we were successful in the early part of this season and got off to a flier, through the bye. McZenzie has surprised everyone and was probably the improver of the team for a while..

Let's be objective..

But I realise there are many more reasons to do otherwise...

a) fun
b) evocative to ring the 'old bells' of courage and toil
c) we love a battler
d) we hate an upstart

So go on, keep on kicking Brad Hill, and bond, bond, bond, as fans, as men, bond!

I am not a big fan, but as you know, our lack of competitive instincts fascinates me. Our comfort from defeat - my own too. i want to desconstruct what it is.

Seems Hill might stay now, which anyway you look, will upset everyone. We are a significantly better team as in (read my lips: "more likely to win" as opposed to worship cult hero) with him based on what I have seen so far. But it could all go south for Hill, as it can for all of us. As it can for this forum. But if there are any posters out there, who are less interested in fanning those flames of hate, (and i don't mean humour - we can laugh at Hannas all day long, he didn't play and nobody questioned his integrity), but can we discuss how to actually win games and stop losing them?

External - Fixtures, recruitment
Internal - the team, the coaching staff and the strategy?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Will we miss him if he goes ?

I wonder if our game plan is so off because we have to factor in Hill every time we dispose of the pill ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Gershwin
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 02 Sep 2022 12:14pm So we gp into the gutter do we?

The standard of posts deteriorates with the hour, except for the great Shane Grambeau, who continues to maintain excellent standards.

Now we are writing the Brad Hill legacy are we?

And finiding new ways to insult him and degrade his contribution?

And comparing him to the another warrior? Who is coming off a very low base. (McZenzie) before you tried Long.

When will we learn to be competitive?

Brad Hill was a major reason we were successful in the early part of this season and got off to a flier, through the bye. McZenzie has surprised everyone and was probably the improver of the team for a while..

Let's be objective..

But I realise there are many more reasons to do otherwise...

a) fun
b) evocative to ring the 'old bells' of courage and toil
c) we love a battler
d) we hate an upstart

So go on, keep on kicking Brad Hill, and bond, bond, bond, as fans, as men, bond!

I am not a big fan, but as you know, our lack of competitive instincts fascinates me. Our comfort from defeat - my own too. i want to desconstruct what it is.

Seems Hill might stay now, which anyway you look, will upset everyone. We are a significantly better team as in (read my lips: "more likely to win" as opposed to worship cult hero) with him based on what I have seen so far. But it could all go south for Hill, as it can for all of us. As it can for this forum. But if there are any posters out there, who are less interested in fanning those flames of hate, (and i don't mean humour - we can laugh at Hannas all day long, he didn't play and nobody questioned his integrity), but can we discuss how to actually win games and stop losing them?

External - Fixtures, recruitment
Internal - the team, the coaching staff and the strategy?
Brad Hill was recruited to be one of our top 3 players. We gave up quality draft picks and a high potential player. We put him on the highest salary of any player at the club. So the scene is set.
Roll the cameras. I am not being at all personal because I don’t know the man at all. But it is a fizzer. No bang. Just fizz.
We play him in defense which exposes all his weaknesses. He leaks easy goals to opponents. He is uncomfortable.
And now we should part company and wish him well and get out of it what we can. If it works better for us by including Long then we should do that.

summertime and the living is easy ........
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 27 Aug 2022 2:13pm Trying to …
I feel the vibe and understand the sentiment.

But I am on a mission.

To uncover why we are not competitive.

Why we worship cult figures and not overall team performance.

1980s teams were full of them.

We loved them all.

And we were pretty bad.

OK.
We are where we are.
Brad Hill is not expected to try harder than any other player.

There is not a 900k try level and a 350K try level

His manager has a responsibility to whom? St Kilda? Forget it. Manager cares about managers family. Family first. Brad too.

St Kilda must be competitive.
We have a higher chance of winning with Holl running around- so far! (Can’t dress it enough, in balance, so far. Could all change quickly)

Look at Jack Riewolt. Friday night, do-or-die high stakes final. Two clutch goals in the last qtr from a distance, on an angle, under high pressure, aging body, at the end of an incredibly intense and tiring game. He is offered a peanuts contract to continue for one more year.

He’s a pro. Richmond are pros.

It might have been a blunder to recruit Hill, and he may have performed at only 50% of expectations, but how desperate are we?

We should be desperate to win every single game next year. But we can’t play balls to the wall intensity all season. So we need poise experience, and skill. Hill gets a lot of the ball, and sometimes he is too fast and caught out in a sandwich. Our midfield is pedestrian and weak.

We lack leadership.

I want us to be competitive. I want our fans to show we understand that.

Rubyjo
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 05 Sep 2022 2:54pm
Yorkeys wrote: Sat 27 Aug 2022 2:13pm Trying to …
I feel the vibe and understand the sentiment.

But I am on a mission.

To uncover why we are not competitive.

Why we worship cult figures and not overall team performance.

1980s teams were full of them.

We loved them all.

And we were pretty bad.

OK.
We are where we are.
Brad Hill is not expected to try harder than any other player.

There is not a 900k try level and a 350K try level

His manager has a responsibility to whom? St Kilda? Forget it. Manager cares about managers family. Family first. Brad too.

St Kilda must be competitive.
We have a higher chance of winning with Holl running around- so far! (Can’t dress it enough, in balance, so far. Could all change quickly)

Look at Jack Riewolt. Friday night, do-or-die high stakes final. Two clutch goals in the last qtr from a distance, on an angle, under high pressure, aging body, at the end of an incredibly intense and tiring game. He is offered a peanuts contract to continue for one more year.

He’s a pro. Richmond are pros.

It might have been a blunder to recruit Hill, and he may have performed at only 50% of expectations, but how desperate are we?

We should be desperate to win every single game next year. But we can’t play balls to the wall intensity all season. So we need poise experience, and skill. Hill gets a lot of the ball, and sometimes he is too fast and caught out in a sandwich. Our midfield is pedestrian and weak.

We lack leadership.

I want us to be competitive. I want our fans to show we understand that.
Good luck with your mission if you decide to accept it . In the event of capture, all knowledge would be disavowed.