inner sanctum video

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

inner sanctum video

Have to log in on saints website to access

NORMALLY

leaked to Robbo

Robbo has access in HS article just published

??????

Damming read

?? such info from inner sanctum

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: inner sanctum video

Below is a piece from the article

In what was tragic and gripping transparency after yet another defeat, the Saints released video of Ratten’s sermon to his bedraggled players and for that the Saints deserve congratulations.

Why they did it is a separate question.

If they wanted to share the inner torment with Saints fans, you know, invite them along on the journey of despair, then that horse has bolted. Despair has ridden shotgun to St Kilda’s seasons for some time now.

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

The players have six weeks to determine if they want to play team footy or not.

If they don’t, then the club has to weed them out and restock, because St Kilda will continue to tread water – not coming, not going, not anything.

And not for the first time in the past decade, Saints fans are spiritually broken. Just like their team.

saint4life
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

A printed snipet...

“It’s so hard to earn the respect and the trust. But f**k it’s easy to let it go. And I think tonight we let some go.

“We can sit here and review the games and all that but you blokes, you know the efforts and what you’re after and the responses you need. We’ve got to draw it out of you.

“This is the part where – the teams that I’ve been involved in – there was f**king blokes saying that ain’t f**king good enough mate, lift your game.

And …

“We’ve got to push. Not concede.

“We’ve got to ask of more of each other, not allow it to happen. If you’ve got someone and you’ve got it done and you hand them over, f**kin do your job for me, I’m trusting ya, that’s what we’ve got to get to.

“Not, oh ok, yeah jeez bad luck. It’s not f**kin bad luck. We control the environment. We control our attitude and we’ll be okay because we’ve got a bit of talent and we’ll show some things, but we’ll never be the team we want to be until we f**kin ask each other to f**kin lift when it counts.’’

And …

“We have to take our friendship to real friends, to even family.

“What it will make us is stronger and a better team. And a team that cares. And this group cares.’’

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, but I couldn’t be bothered reading Slobbo’s guff. It’s Murdoch paywall stuff, anyway.

The real question should be: is the club going to get tough on the players not pulling their weight, or will it only continue to blow smoke up their rectums?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 6:37pm Sorry, but I couldn’t be bothered reading Slobbo’s guff. It’s Murdoch paywall stuff, anyway.

The real question should be: is the club going to get tough on the players not pulling their weight, or will it only continue to blow smoke up their rectums?
What has Murdoch got to do with it!!

saint4life
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The selection table will show whether or not its just all talk

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The club seems intent on creating the narrative that the players are accountable for our current plight which that propaganda video seems to support.

If you consider the wheels have fallen off within 4 games then it's hard to apportion blame 100% on the coach despite one of the internet narratives being the players cracked it when the coach got his 2 year contract. It's hard to fathom considering we were 8 and 3 at the bye and everybody in footy land was praising the club for being on the right path.

I'm not ruling out the coach and his assistants have got a part to play however I'm still more inclined to think it's more about the players and our list profile. Now at at which point did the players lose their intent and belief, was it the Brisbane game which was our first game after the bye and really it was billed as a test against a top four side and whilst we weren't disgraced it was very apparent we just run out of puff and enough talent. I know I certainly understood we were still way off the pace and didn't buy into the top 4 conversation. Or was it the Essendon game, did that just snuff it out for the players. I know I certainly thought before round 1 our chances in 2022 would deeply rely on luck with injuries if we were any chance of making the 8.

Also remembering we really didn't set the world on fire in our last 2 games before the bye against 2 bottom 2 teams. Was the belief running out before the bye?

But the point I'm pondering is how can the players have scratched out 8 wins up to the bye if they believed Ratts wasn't going to be signed and then gave up all together when he was signed.

I'm convinced that internet theory is squarely in the false narrative category.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

A lot of passionate talk but if the players are not on board he is wasting his breath . I think we have seen a shift in the players attitude since the bye the work rate, the give it a crack run hard ,tackle, pressure is just not there . Why ?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the players decided they really like starting their holidays in early September, so after the bye, they set about ensuring that's when they'll get them.

Haven't really read anything definitive as to why they've folded so meekly, in most games since the bye, so i thought i'd offer another theory. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

In '98 they folded in the second half of the season reportedly because Alves was too harsh, pushed a player down the stairs.

in '99 they folded after the massive Hawthorn comeback and loss of respect for Timid.

Alves got the boot at the end of the season. Timid lasted another year. Ratten has been signed for another TWO years and under AFL subsidy agreements we're not allowed to pay him out until there's six months to go.

Genius move, re-signing him early!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 6:45pm
Sainternist wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 6:37pm Sorry, but I couldn’t be bothered reading Slobbo’s guff. It’s Murdoch paywall stuff, anyway.

What has Murdoch got to do with it!!
No need to get stroppy, chief! All Murdoch publications have paywalls, hence why I won’t be reading it.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 7:23pm The club seems intent on creating the narrative that the players are accountable for our current plight which that propaganda video seems to support.

If you consider the wheels have fallen off within 4 games then it's hard to apportion blame 100% on the coach despite one of the internet narratives being the players cracked it when the coach got his 2 year contract. It's hard to fathom considering we were 8 and 3 at the bye and everybody in footy land was praising the club for being on the right path.

I'm not ruling out the coach and his assistants have got a part to play however I'm still more inclined to think it's more about the players and our list profile. Now at at which point did the players lose their intent and belief, was it the Brisbane game which was our first game after the bye and really it was billed as a test against a top four side and whilst we weren't disgraced it was very apparent we just run out of puff and enough talent. I know I certainly understood we were still way off the pace and didn't buy into the top 4 conversation. Or was it the Essendon game, did that just snuff it out for the players. I know I certainly thought before round 1 our chances in 2022 would deeply rely on luck with injuries if we were any chance of making the 8.

Also remembering we really didn't set the world on fire in our last 2 games before the bye against 2 bottom 2 teams. Was the belief running out before the bye?

But the point I'm pondering is how can the players have scratched out 8 wins up to the bye if they believed Ratts wasn't going to be signed and then gave up all together when he was signed.

Interesting that you mentioned the Brisbane game. You also mentioned ‘skills’ and ‘running out of puff’

Maybe, Ratts needs to stop being a hypocrite and just reward effort and punish lack of it…even for those who are highly ‘skilled’

What were Brad Hill’s stats in that Brisbane game? Why did he get selected for the next week based on that game?

I think last night that Hill’s effort was better, but he looks like a fish out of water and we have some genuine issues in the team atm. He is struggling to impact and I think trust between players is starting to impact team performance

I’m not sure exactly what’s going on but I know we have serious problems with a team bond and players playing for one another. In my opinion, this was always going to rear its ugly head for a playing group slapped together and a moneyball list that you are expecting to somehow gel and care for one another

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It's the current total mental capitulation that has me worried .... a few errant kicks or bad decisions leading to turnover goals and the team falls apart

During the 1st half of the year we were able to dig deep when behind and find a spark to over run teams .... seemingly off the back of a few guys lifting and the team grew in confidence and dare off that

Now 2nd half of the season opposition teams are now better prepared to ward off any surges IF a spark is found but these sparks are few and far between now anyway

Clearly we are team who relies too heavily on too few and if those relied upon don't fire we are fkd

Some teams have enough class or at least a sembleance of a gameplan that they can afford to be 15 to 20% off their game and still win ....... we can't ..... especially now that most teams are settled in for the Finals run and have found a groove

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

You know this might have something to do with Lethers saying we had overachieved and really were not that good just before the bye.

This attitude shyte harps back to last year as well.

The best teams in this comp bring unquestionable effort. Even in their losses. Our losses are generally plain garbage.

Clarkson was one tackle from getting the arse before they started their run.

Hardwick was in a similar position.

You never know.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 5:59pm A printed snipet...

“It’s so hard to earn the respect and the trust. But f**k it’s easy to let it go. And I think tonight we let some go.

“We can sit here and review the games and all that but you blokes, you know the efforts and what you’re after and the responses you need. We’ve got to draw it out of you.

“This is the part where – the teams that I’ve been involved in – there was f**king blokes saying that ain’t f**king good enough mate, lift your game.

And …

“We’ve got to push. Not concede.

“We’ve got to ask of more of each other, not allow it to happen. If you’ve got someone and you’ve got it done and you hand them over, f**kin do your job for me, I’m trusting ya, that’s what we’ve got to get to.

“Not, oh ok, yeah jeez bad luck. It’s not f**kin bad luck. We control the environment. We control our attitude and we’ll be okay because we’ve got a bit of talent and we’ll show some things, but we’ll never be the team we want to be until we f**kin ask each other to f**kin lift when it counts.’’

And …

“What it will make us is stronger and a better team. And a team that cares. And this group cares.’’
A team that “cares”
**** me Brett set the standards mate enough if this bed time story Shyte after 5 losses from 6 games where we are bottom 4 in all leading stats
Sorry I thought this was cringe stuff
Players have checked out and now club is doing PR releases to justify a coach who should not have been re-signed
As Lloyd said - he looks like a coach whose about to be sacked
Go back to Lyon days
Milne/Dal Santo dropped to twos - superstar names didn’t matter you uphold the teams standard
How can they believe this tripe when Hill gets a pass mark every week abd guys like Butler go multiple games without a score but stay in the side ??
Standards start at the top.

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 10:58pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 7:23pm The club seems intent on creating the narrative that the players are accountable for our current plight which that propaganda video seems to support.

Interesting that you mentioned the Brisbane game. You also mentioned ‘skills’ and ‘running out of puff’

Maybe, Ratts needs to stop being a hypocrite and just reward effort and punish lack of it…even for those who are highly ‘skilled’

What were Brad Hill’s stats in that Brisbane game? Why did he get selected for the next week based on that game?

I think last night that Hill’s effort was better, but he looks like a fish out of water and we have some genuine issues in the team atm. He is struggling to impact and I think trust between players is starting to impact team performance

I’m not sure exactly what’s going on but I know we have serious problems with a team bond and players playing for one another. In my opinion, this was always going to rear its ugly head for a playing group slapped together and a moneyball list that you are expecting to somehow gel and care for one another
A supporter called up SEN yesterday and talked about DNA being the problem with our list since about 2012. He pointed out the teams since 1997 to about 2012 had many players with StKilda DNA around the club from Frawley, Burke, Harvey, Lowe, Roo, Kosi, Lenny etc. He said right now the current list doesn't have one person who he would call a jumper player citing even our Captain is from another club and you know what...I think there is something in what he said.

I'm not sure if the Coach is the issue right at this very momeent but I'm keeping an open mind about the possibility, but for now I think more focus needs to be directed on player accountability for the remainder of the year. Then if the wheels completely fall off -- if they haven't already -- then it will be hard not to think something is wrong in the Coaches department.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the next coach needs Saints DNA, and one of our younger guys who we have developed, reaches a point where they become captain, I've been around a long while, and my gut reaction is that the coach can't get the players on the same wavelength.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hmmmm

re : wavelength

yep

hidden in plain sight

give em all a crew cut

management included

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps they could calmly and transparently explain to you members, the machinations that led the re-signing (thx for spelling tip asiu) , of Ratts mid-season.

You get a lot of emotional rhetoric about , ‘don’t give up yet’ and the same dribble from their contract journos in the official AFL website, but how about explain the details, in cold hard facts.

It looks like a St Kilda football club isn’t a club. It looks like it’s a branch office of the AFL - your local ANZ branch.
Let’s hope they don’t shut it down.

Fair dinkum, why don’t they open a call centre in the Philippines so you can ask questions about selection and contracts?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

if Leathers runs an answering machine on his desk
ring the question in

that flashing light makes every general manager happy
(not)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

or we all chip in and buy him one

even
pre record the questions

so we don't cost ourselves phone calls

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 20 Jul 2022 11:18am or we all chip in and buy him one

even
pre record the questions

so we don't cost ourselves phone calls
That is a very interesting idea.
Serious business idea right there, make old Skool phones with built in messages. Send them snail mail, Bound to catch someone’s attention.
Will work at least once before they bin them automatically.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We have an ideas hub on our internal web for all staff at my work

I’ve submitted over a dozen ‘ideas’ in the last 4 years to try and improve service delivery and I have never received an email or a response or any feedback from any of my suggestions.

I stopped using it about 12 months ago, and I send an email to high level managers every now and then with the same issues and concerns and generally providing some options for change for improved outcomes. Every time I send a group email to state level managers and the middle management group with details of issues that are affecting customers or impacting staff I get doughnuts.

They email back saying ‘thanks for your feedback’ and they blast my manager for not giving me a warning. Management are not customer facing so they don’t give a stuff! As long as the profit rolls in and as long as the share price of the company is ok, they keep their jobs

Saints officials don’t need to answer questions from Saints Members about the day to day running of the club and decisions about why they appoint someone. The only people they’re answerable to are the AFL. Maybe the AFL doesn’t really give a stuff if we are successful or not…all they give a stuff about is good tv ratings

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 20 Jul 2022 11:49am We have an ideas hub on our internal web for all staff at my work

I’ve submitted over a dozen ‘ideas’ in the last 4 years to try and improve service delivery and I have never received an email or a response or any feedback from any of my suggestions.

I stopped using it about 12 months ago, and I send an email to high level managers every now and then with the same issues and concerns and generally providing some options for change for improved outcomes. Every time I send a group email to state level managers and the middle management group with details of issues that are affecting customers or impacting staff I get doughnuts.

They email back saying ‘thanks for your feedback’ and they blast my manager for not giving me a warning. Management are not customer facing so they don’t give a stuff! As long as the profit rolls in and as long as the share price of the company is ok, they keep their jobs

Saints officials don’t need to answer questions from Saints Members about the day to day running of the club and decisions about why they appoint someone. The only people they’re answerable to are the AFL. Maybe the AFL doesn’t really give a stuff if we are successful or not…all they give a stuff about is good tv ratings
the way the system works...those above will take credit for any ideas you have and give no receipt , the smart ones acknowledge and promote for the good of the company....unfortunately too many greedy individuals.

Keep your ideas and start your own company ;) and you are right about the officials , I'm sure most care but at the end of the day they just come and go like politicians without any recourse.

PS.. true story... I once came up with an idea at an incident..later that day my officer in charge gave the idea to a superior as his own while I was standing there :)