Direct contact

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Direct contact

I don’t know if this has been suggested before , this forum has been around for a bloody long time I know because I was here when it started. Was wondering if it is possible to invite someone from the club to get on here for a Q&A for a short period of time I know we had GT around and Tony 47 is probably close enough to the club but he’s not inclined to answer the big questions
I realise this could be fraught with danger so there would have to be certain posters banned for the 24 hours during the Q&A. Or Posters could put their hand up and be selected as a group to it ask the questions?
Or a series of questions can be put forward then vetted put aside and somehow put to the person

Just a thought bubble but the reason why I put this idea forward is that a lot of the questions and ideas that are thrown around here at the moment are very valid and aren’t covered by the media or at least just don’t make the light of day anyway

Especially when you consider the club really needs to answer some questions at this point in time

Can it be done ?
Last edited by The Fireman on Mon 18 Jul 2022 10:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Direct contact

Would support that Fireman. Unfortunately, I have no expectation we would be able to get honest answers, even if someone was authorised to do that, which I am sure would not be. It will be years before we understand why performances have dropped off a cliff, even if insiders know. Perhaps if Max King writes a book someday.
With the level of coaching talent about - see Leigh Adams, McCrea - how do the Saints board invariabl8y pick duds, then extend them when they show they are duds in the hope they are not really duds. No one at the club is even going to accept the premise.

* Ross was no dud but we botched his extension negotiations so badly it was again embarrassingly amateurish.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I see your point yorkeys Having a think about it if I was involved with the club at the moment I definitely would not be answering any questions.
But it would be invaluable PR if one of them had the guts to front up

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 8:51pm how do the Saints board invariabl8y pick duds, then extend them when they show they are duds in the hope they are not really duds.

An eloquent description of the club as a whole.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 8:57pm
Yorkeys wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 8:51pm how do the Saints board invariabl8y pick duds, then extend them when they show they are duds in the hope they are not really duds.

An eloquent description of the club as a whole.
Plus 1. Possibly a question, thinly disguised as a statement, we could put forward 😉

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Should set it up so we can get a live link to Ratts presser after a game. Everyone would have to agree not to drink too much.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

organise some questions

add some membership #'s to the end
then email + post (registered)
said communication to the General Manager of Football

(before)
he upgrades his role

then : make the next bit up on the run
depending on response

if there is no response or an inadequate response
create a second communication

: suggesting the public burning of little things
or similar such rabble rousing
to attract attention to the questions
the undersigned 'members' sought and still seek answers to

simples

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I reckon these days 90% of the information coming out of the club in whatever media forum is PR bullshi t .
So I'm sure the club would love to come on this forum and give us the good oil 🛢
Make it happen power's that be ! 👍

In red white and black from 73
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 8:15pm I don’t know if this has been suggested before , this forum has been around for a bloody long time I know because I was here when it started. Was wondering if it is possible to invite someone from the club to get on here for a Q&A for a short period of time I know we had GT around and Tony 47 is probably close enough to the club but he’s inclined to answer the big questions
I realise this could be fraught with danger so there would have to be certain posters banned for the 24 hours during the Q&A. Or Posters could put their hand up and be selected as a group to it ask the questions?
Or a series of questions can be put forward then vetted put aside and somehow put to the person

Just a thought bubble but the reason why I put this idea forward is that a lot of the questions and ideas that are thrown around here at the moment are very valid and aren’t covered by the media or at least just don’t make the light of day anyway

Especially when you consider the club really needs to answer some questions at this point in time

Can it be done ?
I love it but doubt it could be done in a meaningful way in the modern era where real questions aren’t asked and answers are just spun

I think the best we could hope for is to submit questions for brief responses.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Should set up the worm technology they used to use for election debates and set up a big screen at Moorabbin and each member gets a dial on their phone to drive the worm up or down based on our emotions and how we feel the club is performing.

It would give the club real time feedback.
Last edited by Vortex on Mon 18 Jul 2022 10:12pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Better still, they could add a small tazar to where the players carry the GPS tracker in their jumper and each member could give a player a boot during a game from their phone.

Would give the members real time control.

happy feet
Club Player

I remember when GT went onto the old fan forum site. It was great until some idiots ruined it for everyone.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I’m prepared to come in between 6-7pm each night if people would like to ask me questions
I’ll answer all honestly and fairly with the exception of those from old, senile posters whose eye balls constantly roll in their head..

“Yeah….nah””
Premium89
Club Player

Funniest thread of the year!

In all seriousness, probably better to send the club a direct correspondence and see if you get something back, then post it here.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

I’m prepared to come in between 6-7pm each night if people would like to ask me questions
:lol:

ask the coach on mon
line coaches tues - thurs
lethlean on friday

pre game with rath
post game with the pres

this has promise

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 8:15pm I don’t know if this has been suggested before , this forum has been around for a bloody long time I know because I was here when it started. Was wondering if it is possible to invite someone from the club to get on here for a Q&A for a short period of time I know we had GT around and Tony 47 is probably close enough to the club but he’s not inclined to answer the big questions

Can it be done ?
If you were on a good wicket would you risk losing your job by admitting incompetence?

Football department salaried staff who are getting paid a motza (or their representatives) are not going to answer anything honestly that points the finger at individuals or may jeopardise someone's position

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The AGM is there for questions and answers.

Listen, the clubs are run as big business, and the board members and all the admin believe in themselves, and what they're doing.

They blow smoke up our rings to get us to roll over our direct debits each year, but there is no way in hell they'll submit to any questions.

Do you think the board of Qantas would agree to a Q and A from the general public?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The Craw
Club Player

Torn.

Not Craw, CRAW!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

One of GT's sons came on here a few times.
Can't recall his nic or anything but he maybe got tired of some responses and attitudes and left.
Who knows, he may look in as a guest.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
asiu
Saintsational Legend

wasn't that Rocket Rods boy ?

iirc ... the mob reckoned Teffers was his 2nd id
:)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote: Tue 19 Jul 2022 10:50amTorn.
i hearya

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Was it Tyson Thomas?

outside66
Club Player

I reckon we'd have a better chance of pulling Roo out of retirement before a club official would agree to come onto this garbage forum!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 11:03am I reckon we'd have a better chance of pulling Roo out of retirement before a club official would agree to come onto this garbage forum!
Why do you think it’s a garbage forum ?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 11:46am
outside66 wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 11:03am I reckon we'd have a better chance of pulling Roo out of retirement before a club official would agree to come onto this garbage forum!
Why do you think it’s a garbage forum ?
Too many votes to questions like "do you hate the coach"
:mrgreen: