The call for wholesale sackings at the Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

happy feet
Club Player

The call for wholesale sackings at the Club

There has been many posts on here, by a certain forum member, of the need to remove the Board, Senior Management, Head Coach and Coaching Staff at the St Kilda Football Club and to have Grant Thomas take over control of the Club.

I was a GT fan and was astounded at his sacking which may have cost us a Premiership. It certainly set the Club back.

But there are many reasons why treating GT like a messiah and calling for him to take over the club are ill-founded and lack any sense of understanding of how complex organisations need to work.

The Board cannot be removed by GT turning up on Monday. There are procedures in the Club’s Constitution that determine how the Board is established and how Board Members are appointed. The primary function of the Board is the Governance of the organisation. This means the rules that are established that determine how the Club is run. The Club must be run legally, ethically and morally in a professional manner. It must be a financial going concern. It has the responsibility to provide a safe working environment for its employees and many other duties.

It just cannot be removed at the whim of anyone.

The Board of the Club is doing a good job.

Good Boards of management that do their job provide stability and this is of paramount importance to our sponsors and creditors. Can you imagine whet their response would be to a GT coup?

Firstly, we would risk losing our current sponsors and it would certainly make it very hard to attract new ones.

Creditors might call in loans. I think the AFL is our biggest creditor and given GT’s chequered history with the AFL Management, there response might be somewhat nervous.

We are all unhappy with our on-field performances but to call for the wholesale sacking of the board, coaching staff and senior management would set our club back years.

To hope to go back to an era that is now over 16 years ago is just silly. People need to move on.

I believe what SunnyErnie constantly calls for would bring about the collapse of our Club.

At the end of the day, money talks and bullsh*t walks, so Ernie it’s time that you put your shoes on and went walking.

What you want is not going to happen.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: The call for wholesale sackings at the Club

The most St.Kilda thing there is give up on a plan and revert back to something that kind of worked 10-15 years ago.

The problem with it is that what was progressive in 2004 won’t work now because everyone else has moved and is doing things better now

Like yourself… was a huge GT fan in his era, still think sacking him cost us a flag…
But I wouldn’t have him back now

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I’m sure Roughie is a great bloke, but our forward structure / movement is terrible, wouldn’t mind a better coach in there.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Yes, there are valid reasons why GT wouldn't work (unless he brings his own sponsors).

Neverthless, one has to be disappointed with Bassat, going early on the Ratten re-signing. Thought he was shrewder than that.

The black hole of the Richo era continues.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

The_Dud wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 6:42pm I’m sure Roughie is a great bloke, but our forward structure / movement is terrible, wouldn’t mind a better coach in there.
He’s not the forwards coach

kell
Club Player

Happy feet you would be happy if you ignored Sunnytroll who has been haunting this humble site in various guises for years. Don't respond to her OP's. Don't engage in banter with her. Just ignore her and she might go away.

As to sacking the Board etc. I don't think they are holding crisis meetings over ill informed comments on this site. I don't expect we going to win the GF this year but neither is anyone else bar one. This doesn't mean the Board aren't doing a decent job. Look on the bright side every year we don't win just makes it that little bit sweeter when we do.

happy feet
Club Player

kell wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 6:48pm Happy feet you would be happy if you ignored Sunnytroll who has been haunting this humble site in various guises for years. Don't respond to her OP's. Don't engage in banter with her. Just ignore her and she might go away.

As to sacking the Board etc. I don't think they are holding crisis meetings over ill informed comments on this site. I don't expect we going to win the GF this year but neither is anyone else bar one. This doesn't mean the Board aren't doing a decent job. Look on the bright side every year we don't win just makes it that little bit sweeter when we do.
Thanks for the advice. Her??? What other guises was this forum member masquerading as?

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
kell
Club Player

.....who knows in this age enlightened pronouns

SunnyErnie
Club Player

kell wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 6:48pm Happy feet you would be happy if you ignored Sunnytroll who has been haunting this humble site in various guises for years. Don't respond to her OP's. Don't engage in banter with her. Just ignore her and she might go away.

This is blind faith is what has made us the most unsuccessful club in the history of the game.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 9:08pm

This is blind faith is what has made us the most unsuccessful club in the history of the game.
We can only thank our lucky stars that you are nowhere near the club in any decision making capacity. Read the OP, you might learn something.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 6:44pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 6:42pm I’m sure Roughie is a great bloke, but our forward structure / movement is terrible, wouldn’t mind a better coach in there.
He’s not the forwards coach
Sorry, Lade.

Maybe they should give Roughie a crack then! 😆

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I propose SS organise a challenge to the Board with sone talent on here to take up key roles:

- Head of senility and pokies - Saynta
- Head of satire - Kosi
- Head of blue sky/GT development - Mehebabble
- Head of talent development- Vortex
- Change Management- Sunnie

“Yeah….nah””
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Teflon wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 10:24pm I propose SS organise a challenge to the Board with sone talent on here to take up key roles:

- Head of senility and pokies - Saynta
- Head of satire - Kosi
- Head of blue sky/GT development - Mehebabble
- Head of talent development- Vortex
- Change Management- Sunnie
Need to create a new role for Asiu:
Head of yoga, naturopathy, holistic medicine and vegan nutrition

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 6:18pm I was a GT fan and was astounded at his sacking which may have cost us a Premiership. It certainly set the Club back.
His appointment cost us a premiership in 2004 and 2005, sacking him was the best thing the coked up president did. GT is a virus always has been always will be.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 6:18pm There has been many posts on here, by a certain forum member, of the need to remove the Board, Senior Management, Head Coach and Coaching Staff at the St Kilda Football Club and to have Grant Thomas take over control of the Club.

I was a GT fan and was astounded at his sacking which may have cost us a Premiership. It certainly set the Club back.

But there are many reasons why treating GT like a messiah and calling for him to take over the club are ill-founded and lack any sense of understanding of how complex organisations need to work.

The Board cannot be removed by GT turning up on Monday. There are procedures in the Club’s Constitution that determine how the Board is established and how Board Members are appointed. The primary function of the Board is the Governance of the organisation. This means the rules that are established that determine how the Club is run. The Club must be run legally, ethically and morally in a professional manner. It must be a financial going concern. It has the responsibility to provide a safe working environment for its employees and many other duties.

It just cannot be removed at the whim of anyone.

The Board of the Club is doing a good job.

Good Boards of management that do their job provide stability and this is of paramount importance to our sponsors and creditors. Can you imagine whet their response would be to a GT coup?

Firstly, we would risk losing our current sponsors and it would certainly make it very hard to attract new ones.

Creditors might call in loans. I think the AFL is our biggest creditor and given GT’s chequered history with the AFL Management, there response might be somewhat nervous.

We are all unhappy with our on-field performances but to call for the wholesale sacking of the board, coaching staff and senior management would set our club back years.

To hope to go back to an era that is now over 16 years ago is just silly. People need to move on.

I believe what SunnyErnie constantly calls for would bring about the collapse of our Club.

At the end of the day, money talks and bullsh*t walks, so Ernie it’s time that you put your shoes on and went walking.

What you want is not going to happen.
Truer words not been spoken

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

why do people respond to Ernie ?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

8-)

Head of yoga, naturopathy, holistic medicine and vegan nutrition
working backwards :

last of the meat eating vegetarians here
... so feeding the vegans to other vegans sounds productive

absolute holistic medicine advocate
... move the club to Canberra
'n make footy fun again

naturopathy ... play footy in crew cuts and bare feet
is the best i've got
+
no jibby jibby jab jab shite
(unless fun based)

yoga
... out with that 'n in with something that hurts the opposition
bigtime
like .... goal kicking served with kyokushin
(pre 'n post that cute 2x flag waving symbology thing)

i love employment applications
... continually surprised that i never win any !!!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Are there credible alternatives?
Rob Harvey as coach? we are about to appoint a replacement for Lethlean; guys like Rath seem ubiquitous in the industry but add little it seems, no KPIs and seemingly so wise when pontificating in hindsight, neither help nor hinder but provide a brainstrust prop; Board seems much like any other board composition wise. Although I note whether coincidental or not having a blonde female as pres has helped recent premiers. Maybe those ladies are a lot smarter than our guy. Our guy writes a nice letter though. So overall not in the sack everyone camp.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

If we don’t make wholesale changes then expect more of the same rubbish for another 2 years

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus