Illogical to sack the coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Illogical to sack the coach

Sainternist wrote: Sun 26 Jun 2022 4:56pm
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 26 Jun 2022 4:31pm If it's true Ratten's extension has already been inked then we are truly led by imbeciles.
Where did you hear this? Sounds like unadulterated BS to me! If Ratten had put pen to paper, they would have announced it.
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

They were waiting till winning a game or two to announce the extensions. (Few players too).

Not sure when they announce them now.

Members treated like idiots
What kind of Board hurries to sign a coach when the real test is still to come????
We are hitting some good teams in form there is a clear step up and we are miles off it
WTF are we doing as a club?

“Yeah….nah””
spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm distinctly getting the impression that the team is being over-coached and some of those systems are breaking down. Some players are clearly not playing their natural games once they get the ball in their hand- too much hesitancy, too much looking around trying figure out what the plan requires, instead of moving the ball quickly, and even basic skills are suffering as a result.

Ratten needs to take the blanket off the team, get out of the coaching box, and go down and coach on the boundary by himself.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 8:07am I'm distinctly getting the impression that the team is being over-coached and some of those systems are breaking down. Some players are clearly not playing their natural games once they get the ball in their hand- too much hesitancy, too much looking around trying figure out what the plan requires, instead of moving the ball quickly, and even basic skills are suffering as a result.

Ratten needs to take the blanket off the team, get out of the coaching box, and go down and coach on the boundary by himself.
I think he needs to tell Rath who is a stats guy to take his spreadsheets and……off

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 12:15am
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 26 Jun 2022 4:31pm If it's true Ratten's extension has already been inked then we are truly led by imbeciles.
Where did you hear this? Sounds like unadulterated BS to me! If Ratten had put pen to paper, they would have announced it.
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

They were waiting till winning a game or two to announce the extensions. (Few players too).

What kind of Board hurries to sign a coach when the real test is still to come????
We are hitting some good teams in form there is a clear step up and we are miles off it
Is this “Wolfpack” another one of those ITK people?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

Been saying this all along - Finnis has treated members like fools since that debacle of Richo’s extension.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 3:30pm
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

No idea
Go ask him

“Yeah….nah””
St Lenny
Club Player

He had 2 yrs with Richo as Assistant and this is his third as Coach and we are in exactly the same position. How long do we give him. Pull the band aid off I say.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:30pm
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

No idea
Go ask him
Nah, couldn’t be bothered going down that rabbit hole!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:52pm
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

No idea
Go ask him
So ask the question hoping others would do your internet work for you?
Quality posting !

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:46pm He had 2 yrs with Richo as Assistant and this is his third as Coach and we are in exactly the same position. How long do we give him. Pull the band aid off I say.
Apparently it’s ok cause Lethlean says the club don’t respond to outside noise (aka we’ve got our man..) plus he’s cheap!!

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:54pm
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

No idea
Go ask him
Quality posting !
Dude, you brought the username up. I just assumed you would offer some info on this person. But now you carry on like a rude jackass. You know what? I honestly couldn’t give a damn! Sod off!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 12:04am
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

No idea
Go ask him
Quality posting !
Dude, you brought the username up. I just assumed you would offer some info on this person. But now you carry on like a rude jackass. You know what? I honestly couldn’t give a damn! Sod off!
Yeah look apologies as I thought you were having a crack - I have no idea whose ITK or not on BF !
Sodding off as we speak !

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 1:08am
Sainternist wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 12:04am
From BF

Wolfpack:
Already signed.

No idea
Go ask him
Quality posting !
Yeah look apologies as I thought you were having a crack - I have no idea whose ITK or not on BF !
Sodding off as we speak !
All good, mate. Sorry for snapping slightly. I guess it can be sometimes difficult to read the tone of text comments.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

older saint wrote: Sun 26 Jun 2022 11:10am I am not surprised to see 100s of sack Ratten posts this morning after last night.
Why not ;
- Ratten i saw may times bomb it in to the forward line
- The number of times not under pressure Ratten kicked it straight to the opposition was appalling
- Ratten's inability or choice not to run hard defensively through the middle of the ground was glaring.
- and the amount of missed tackles Oh my goodness.

at 8-3 most , not all, but most were happy with what we were doing and how the team was playing, yet 3 losses ( 2 very poor, 1 unfortunate) means that fundamentally things must have changed in the coaches box . like most supporters think - players win games coaches lose them.

Well how about we look at some of these players and what they do and dont do and how much responsibility they should be taking:

Clark - great with the ball, terrible without why?
Jones - why does he feel he can try to do things which only a small percentage in the league can do
Howard - Very good defensive player but you are not Stewart from Geelong, you cannot baulk and run around people - help the guys up the ground by taking the first option
Billings - better this week but still occasionally picks and chooses the contests he attacks.
Long - your foot skills haven't improved in 4 seasons. need to be able to do more than tackle and bump
Higgins/ Butler - why do you pick and choose when your defensive pressure is there and when it isn't

Effort wise most weeks you know what you get from : Steele, Crouch, Ross, battle, Wilkie, Membrey, Sinclair. Not always performance as human but always effort.

Wood , McKenzie have realised without 100% effort 100% of the time they aren't good enough.
Many others are under 50 games and working out what the caper is about or building tanks - King, Brynes, NWM , Windy, Paton,

But dont worry about any of that its the coach obviously. Of course his game plan they practice for months is to bomb it to king in a 1 on 3 scenario.

Hopefully the board dont listen to us arm chair experts on keyboards like others of the past have done. The historical Stkilda thing would be to sack the coach - how has that worked for us in over 100 years?

Sure this will get lambasted which is fine but lets see if it possible to keep it to facts and not personal attacks - which seems to be the way of many when someone has a different opinion.
How can you possibly want to keep Ratts? He has had 3 years already. The players are stuffed. The game plan is stuffed. Do you honestly think he can turn it around? Ratts has to go and also the entire board before we can start to recover

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus