Whatever it takes to get a reply to my post

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mickey
Club Player

Whatever it takes to get a reply to my post

I will start with how upsetting last Friday was... I'm 53 and how many times has this team made my family think I'm a nut job and don't like watching footy with me, yet I'm a normal guy outside of that. You fans my age understand, youngsters right now you are starting to get it but spare a thought for your parents and stick with it because when we win it, it'll be the best thing ever. As bad as last week was something keeps me upbeat. We finally have kids that weren't number 1 draft picks that can play. There's one in my opinion is the best (I apologise if he gets injured this week, it's a saints fan thing). Windhager... he is the one. He's a footballer, he's a Newcombe from Hawthorn. They are going to be stars. I just saw Bontempellii pick Newcombe up like a toothpick, give these two a few years.. you'll see. Owen's surprised me, why ? Because he played well interstate. NWN isn't a tough guy like Hill but he's silk with years ahead of him. I don't care what anyone says Sharman is a must !! He's clever up forward and kicks pressure goals. I could go on like how good is Sinclair but what would I know ? I come on this forum because sometimes I think the fans no better. I was adopted to a family in Adelaide and get so frustrated I can't go every week. You guys in Melbourne are so lucky, get out there if you can. We are on the up. Go Saints !

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Whatever it takes to get a reply to my post

Love the passion mate . I'm 59 tomorrow & like you during the week I'm a regular nice guy but come the weekend & the saints are playing I turn into a different person . My whole weekend is ruined if we lose on a Friday night I can't watch a close game anymore & I have completely turned my family away from watching footy with me because I get too agitated . I hope we have uncovered a few gems & will keep hoping we can win a flag before I leave this place but I doubt it . I genuinely hope we are on the way up but after years of disappointment it's hard to be too upbeat but keep the faith mate & yeah Go Sainters

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The Saints will let you down so often it's best not to get too carried away with a few wins, it's better to sit back and see if they can maintain it, history has shown they can't.

You never know though, one day they may surprise us all.
The older we get, the less likely it is we'll see it.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

All I will say is Im 58 and Im glad Im not the only anti social Saints watcher out there!

Surely some day they will stop breaking our hearts?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 24 Jun 2022 11:51pm All I will say is Im 58 and Im glad Im not the only anti social Saints watcher out there!

Surely some day they will stop breaking our hearts?
Don't hold your breath, all we can do is wait and see.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
nobhead
Club Player

Reading your post i felt like you were talking about me. Like the rest of you i live in hope .just want to see 1 flag in my lfetime

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

What's a pressure goal?

Tommyj
Club Player

I'm 60 love it when we win watch 360 and all the footy channels during the week When we lose everything is OFF which is a fk ING boring week

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Tommyj wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 11:55am I'm 60 love it when we win watch 360 and all the footy channels during the week When we lose everything is OFF which is a fk ING boring week
Plus one. :cry:

St Plugger
Club Player

I'm 72 and began my Saint Supporting "career" in the late 50's early sixties with the likes of Eric Guy and Neil Roberts and that ilk, down at the Junction. It was a family thing. I saw and was part of the rise through the sixties, the '66 GF and all of that came with that successful period and have witnessed the false dawns, the decades of disaster and the flickering periods of success that seemed all to quickly snuffed out, without reaching that pinnacle that we yearn for the team to achieve! Watched and cheered some absolute champion footballers representing St Kilda, we all know them, especially Plugger, the greatest FF of all time!
We are now unique in the AFL world. And I wouldn't change it!!!

[Although I would gladly accept another flag in my lifetime!]
Last edited by St Plugger on Sat 25 Jun 2022 2:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 11:43am What's a pressure goal?
First eat your baby food then we will explain it to you.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 1:10pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 11:43am What's a pressure goal?
First eat your baby food then we will explain it to you.
A one week ban for racism, how many times is that now, you must be proud huh.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

good god

i didn't think he had a sense of humour :)

but ... is babyism a thing
to cruel the budding comedian with ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Hi, my name is Hawkesbury Saint and I too am a Saintaholic.

I am 60.

I spent my early teenage years at Moorabbin Saturdays until the family moved to Sydney.

I drive my family mad because of my agitation watching Saints game live. Last year they bought me a defribulator for Father’s Day.

I hate my reaction but I’m locked into a passion for the team and a despair when performances like last weekend come along. Footy bores me unless it’s the Saints! Yet, I find for blood pressure reasons and a love for family who I unintentionally alienate, I am locked into checking updates during a game but not watching live.

I fear the SCG. I have seen great wins there and suffered humiliation at the hands of Sydney fans who at least know more of the rules these days.

I have found this thread therapeutic and wish my fellow Saintaholics all the best.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Hi, my name is Hawkesbury Saint and I too am a Saintaholic.

I am 60.

I spent my early teenage years at Moorabbin Saturdays until the family moved to Sydney.

I drive my family mad because of my agitation watching Saints game live. Last year they bought me a defribulator for Father’s Day.

I hate my reaction but I’m locked into a passion for the team and a despair when performances like last weekend come along. Footy bores me unless it’s the Saints! Yet, I find for blood pressure reasons and a love for family who I unintentionally alienate, I am locked into checking updates during a game but not watching live.

I fear the SCG. I have seen great wins there and suffered humiliation at the hands of Sydney fans who at least know more of the rules these days.

I have found this thread therapeutic and wish my fellow Saintaholics all the best.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.