The Big.Marmot Report: Teddy bears' picnic round.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Big.Marmot Report: Teddy bears' picnic round.

The Big.Marmot report is proudly sponsored by............

Guaranteed to work against Daughters of Beaches key forwards! :lol:

And /or (but not 'nor', right Nosh? :wink: ),

For when life just sucks.

As used and recommended by Scotty from Marketing. :mrgreen:

And /or (but not 'nor', right Nosh? :wink: ),

Her Majesty.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Queen's Birthday holiday. :)

Righto, on with the show/shyte.

This report was unplanned, and we've been caught out a little. (Though not as much as Bailey Smith. :mrgreen: ) Even more so, as the usual motley crew that makeup the ass essment committee remain either inconsolable/inconsequential/incomprehensible/incontinent/in denial, or just plain insolvent. (Take your pick/s.)

So what to do? Saynt Nosher is still unavailable. After he convinced his new mate Albo'tross to commission that statue to St Sebastian, Nosh is back on the Black Sea. Along with comrade Rosputin, Nosh is negotiating an end to this Ukraine madness. Seriously! Has anyone seen the price of tickets to the Bolshoi Ballet now???

Comrade Rosputin is also on a special mission, trying to negotiate better working conditions for his rabble-rousing squeeze, comrade Natasha. (Just don't anyone tell Syrian Girl.)

But all is not lost. Saintstional's favourite furry former suburban sporting legend, and now internet forum sporting shock jock, Big.Marmot has agreed to step in. Though it was mutually agreed that his match report would be limited to the final quarter.
Big.Marmot wrote: Mon 13 Jun 2022 11:36pm Two criticol final quater errors cost the game.
1. The Hill dropping that uncontested mark at half back! We had bean whethering the storm quiet well till then. Theirs no nice way to put it. He bloody squibbed it!!!
Pretty bloody easy for me to sit in the comfort of a lounge chair in P666s lounge and say that Hill herd foot steps. Fair enough two. But I'm not bloody well being paid $900K. ... to bloody well stand my ground when it needs to be stood!!!

I come on hear too talk footy so people wouldnt no that Im a big Angels fan to. Since Hill has been hereing footsteps and jumping at shadows I thought he might appreciate this one.

Sorry. I got a bit carried away.

I come on hear two talk footy so people also wouldnt no that Im into Kinky stuff two. Hears another one four Hill and the way his game is going.

Squib it again and Hills out! Not just the team. The list! We can't afford to go into a cut throat final with a bloke who shirks it. Doing that costs us more than Hills silky moves are worth. And watch him closely. Smooth mover and smooth of the boot but he miskicks as much as anyone. How can he look his team mates in the eye? Especially blokes like McKenzie who also isn't that big but whilst on much less coin always stands his ground.
saynta wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 11:49amShould have kept Acres, who IMHFO opinion is now playing the better football of the two. Freo would be laughing their heads off ffs. :roll: :roll: :roll:

These users also thanked the author Nosher for the post:
Ryan Bybes (with an 's')

Stats can lie but on stats alone Acres and Hill have little between them. Different story when it comes to salary cap and trading cost though. https://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.as ... %2C2236%2C

2. King's miss that should have put us in front! His goal kicking was becoming pour again in the Nourf match. That seemed to go unnoticed on hear, but I called him out. We all no King's goal kicking can be unaccurate. He can also be a dead eye. So he isn't a Stewie Loewe nor Levi Casbault early on in there carriers. This tells to me that it all comes down to a lack of care concentration & application on Kings behalf. Thats not good enough. Get youre act together Max!!!

Two errors that probably didn't cost us the game, but certainly helped seel the loss.
1. Memberys complete miss late in the game. Shore it wasnt an easy shot. But he missed by so far it wasn't even funny. I regularly nailed harder shots than that with one leg tied behind my back!
2. Howards long bomb late in the game to King vs five Brions! And without even a Saints small forward at the foot of the pack! Talk about stupid! Now I no we had extra blokes set up across the middle but they had 5 on 1! Shirley we must have had someone free in our forward line too kick too!
(Though to be fair to Howard most of the few forward 50 entries we had where also long bombs to a outnumbered King.)
Memo to all those Sharman knockers this is why we need Sharman in our forward line!

Another critical issue.
We had both Paddy and Marshall. We won the taps. We have good in-side mids in Crouch and Seb. Plus Gresh. Yet we got done in the clearances. Our system and our set up around clearances needs a massive overhaul

I cop a lot of flack on here for not towing the footy club line. But this is not a knee jerk panic reaction. The opposite in fact. Were so close to being a serious contender and winning that flag before I leave to go and support the knew Tasmanian side. We just have to sort a few key problem areas otherwise the best sides will continue to sort us out.

Since Im on a role. I have something four Sam Fisher two.
Well. Uhmmm. :? That wasn't entirely what we expected. Thanks though Big.Marmot. Love your work. But time Bex and a good lie down time? (Pro tip: Sans the Bex - if you value your kidneys. Maybe just keep munching on your carrots?)

And yes, ouch! That last quarter was tough to watch. :shock: Though a little detour through the Teddy Bears' members' section on the way home meant that the evening wasn't a total loss. :twisted:
Happy gaz? :wink:

Posts of the week:
meher baba wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 1:43pmJimmy the Cats can do things that most other defenders can't: collecting wayward ground balls, touching the ball out of bounds and preventing marks inside 50, kicking the ball out of danger when surrounded by opponents. Because he revels in these high pressure situations, he often looks awkward and mistake-prone. But those who criticise him should watch the full replay of a few games and focus on how he does things that lead to break downs of attacks.
This! Jimmy the Cat! Star! Just don't get the lack of love from some quarters(?)

Big.Marmot wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:12pm 5 - Jimmy the Cat. Star!
4 - Sinclair
3 - Wilkie
2 - Crouch
1 - McKenzie (for his two gutsy marks)
This is why we love your work Big.Marmot.

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 11:53pmHe will be asking/getting ridiculous money 600k + and is not the player we need. We have Jack Hayes & Sharman forward and Highmore in defence. Would rather spend the $$$ else where.
We like McStay, but these are very sound points. (Besides, we like Big Jack and The Sharman more.)

meher baba wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 10:05pmIf we are looking at a free agent, I reckon DeGoey - whatever he is like as a person - is the guy who could give us something we don't currently have. At best, McStay gives us a slightly better version of what we've already got.
This! Not saying we must get him. But, we must have a very very bloody serious hard look to see if we could make him 'work' for us.

Vortex wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 7:01pm The word is Grundy was a St Kilda supporter as a child and had told his manager to get him to the Saints in 23.

Take it to the bank.

Discuss
At the Fluxoff Report we love a good impersonation of the 'colourful' earnest Ted. (As did citywest, and that bloke who kept an interesting avarian collection, btw...) And we nearly fell for this one. Except for one giveaway. The real earnest Ted would have started a separate thread. :lol:

Team for next week. Since it's Effendung, we need to inject some new life into the line-up. (Yeah, we know. That was too easy. :mrgreen: )
INS:
Billings.
Clarkno'e'
N-W-Aeon-M (That's of course if he's rested enough after having been 'managed'. 'Managed'.....? After our bye/bi and large round rest????? Fair bloody dinkum!!! :roll: )
The Sharman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUTSKI:
Mitchito (concussion)
McKenzie (concussion)
Towball (hammy)
Wood (injured?)
Clarke bloody Kent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smarten up!
The choach. Once again Alfred E Neuman was out-choached when it matters.

Last chance saloon:
The Headless Chook. (Squib again, and you are outski! Permanently! And if the club doesn't do it, Vaas Montenegro will.)

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon> Image

Thoughts, Saintsationalists...?

- Aeon.

Andrew Bassat wrote: Dear Aeon,

Love the Big.Marmot. He's just so........................ furry. :lol: But what has young Loris been up to this week?

And yes, I stuck around to the bitter end. And I'm so glad that I did.

Take care, I can’t wait to see you at the footy. And Aeon honey - rock on! 8-)

Love and Fortius Quo Fidelius,

- 'Fred'.

Loris, Fred...? She's pretty much totally incorrigible, is young Loris. Still scamming the unwary. :lol:

dalboy wrote: Sun 03 Apr 2022 7:40pmSecond worst thread ever!

And for those true Saints, Angels and St Kilda fans who stuck around till the bitter end. 8-)

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Big.Marmot Report: Teddy bears' picnic round.

Love this time of the week when the BMR comes out,

Alternate facts delivered with integrity and from a trusted source.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Can't say I have the intellect to comprehend this post, nor the inside knowledge.

I do enjoy it and marvel at the effort that goes into producing it each week.

I am a little bit uncomfortable with viewing the poor decapitated chicken, which I assume is a reference to an Ex Freo & Hawk winger.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol

yep

as happy as a raptor at a road kill event

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Aeon Flux 🙊
A shining beacon in the dark night of despair of a Saint fan's existence.
🤍🖤

We are not worthy, dear lady

🤭🥰

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

AeonFlux wrote: Tue 14 Jun 2022 3:26am
…..
Two criticol final quater errors cost the game.
…Hill dropping that uncontested mark at half back! …. He bloody squibbed it!!!

INS:
Billings.
Clarkno'e'
N-W-Aeon-M (That's of course if he's rested enough after having been 'managed'. 'Managed'.....? After our bye/bi and large round rest????? Fair bloody dinkum!!! :roll: )
The Sharman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUTSKI:
Mitchito (concussion)
McKenzie (concussion)
Towball (hammy)
Wood (injured?)
Hill’s fault?

I didn’t realise.

Cost us the game? OK.

But I like the AEON ins and outs. Or the AE ONS and AE OUTS

AEON is the name of a chain of shopping malls.
Like K-Mart meets Westfield.
It might come to Aussie one day.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Outski
Clarke bloody Kent?
Kent was never in?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 1:27am Outski
Clarke bloody Kent?
Kent was never in?
Not out far enough, for Aeon.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Aeons converted to a touch device? gotta be the worst single paragraph written sober in ss history.

"2. pour Nourf hear, no unaccurate. there carriers. youre seel Memberys Shore.
nope, not code. worth a shot. :D

carry on the madness :mrgreen:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 2:38am
Clarke bloody Kent?
Kent was never in?
I recall a couple of posters on this site referring to Kent as Superman :roll: when he arrived at the club and touting him a star after he dominated against his old club in his fourth or fifth game.

Unfortunately for us that was his high water mark, however I do believe he has been relatively good value for what he costs us.
he was always a fringe player and will surely finish at the end of this season as he looks to have given up at sandy.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 8:58am
Clarke bloody Kent?
Kent was never in?
I recall a couple of posters on this site referring to Kent as Superman :roll: when he arrived at the club and touting him a star after he dominated against his old club in his fourth or fifth game.

Unfortunately for us that was his high water mark, however I do believe he has been relatively good value for what he costs us.
he was always a fringe player and will surely finish at the end of this season as he looks to have given up at sandy.
I had no problem with his recruitment and, his output, if not for poor kicking, would be ok, for what he cost.

I think there was hope he would become a winger/outside mid but all you have to do to reduce his output is block his run.

He gets tired doing repeat sprints, for little return, when creating space and is easily blocked under the ball.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Great stuff Aeon loved the Angels flavour & Kinky doing a bit of Warren Zevon . I know I'm being gready now but In line with the headless chicken clip what about Roland the headless Thompson gunner or some Werewolves of London or anything Warren Zevon really. Keep up the great work love the Flux Report

AeonFlux
Club Player

From the mailbag:
WellardSaint wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 1:03amAeon Flux 🙊
A shining beacon in the dark night of despair of a Saint fan's existence.
🤍🖤

We are not worthy, dear lady 🤭🥰

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 1:21amHill’s fault?

I didn’t realise.

Cost us the game? OK.

But I like the AEON ins and outs. Or the AE ONS and AE OUTS

AEON is the name of a chain of shopping malls.
Like K-Mart meets Westfield.
It might come to Aussie one day.
AE ONS and AE OUTS? Like that. Thanks SG. :D

One point though, Big.Marmot wrote the Headless Chook ass essment part. Though here at the GoFluxYourself Report, we do share those particular sentiments. (But not the grammar and spelling. :shock: Good thing all round that Big.Marmot isn't a school teacher... )

And a second point. The AE OUTs. You missed the most important one SG. Clarke bloody Kent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clarke bloody Kent?
Kent was never in?
Post of the week! Too bloody right! Clarke bloody Kent is an AE OUTSKI every bloody week till he's AE OFFSKI the playing list!!!! And even then...... :twisted:

The bloke has had the best part of a decade in the system, yet still can't get his footballing act together. And this season he's looked unfit and disinterested to boot. Though to be fair, according to earnest Ted's source (sauce) this could be recent footage of Stuporman doing some extra sessions under the supervision of a personal trainer.

Not sure about any US supermarket chains SG, but there is Aeon Magazine. :mrgreen: A magazine of ideas and culture. Publishes in-depth essays, incisive articles, and a mix of original and curated videos — free to all. https://aeon.co/
Past, present and future contributors include the likes of....................
- Saintsational's own HarryM who does the cooking section - as long as it's about quiche making.
- The Fireman writes on fishing - both baited hook dropped into an ocean, and, baited hook dropped into a footy forum. :lol:
- Saynt Nosher writes the hayseed diary farmer and classic Aussie muscle car restoration column. That's right, he somehow manages to combine both into the one column. What a patriot. 8-)

- Capt CQ Saint who writes on all things nautical, with a special interest in piracy and pillaging.
- And then there's earnest Ted. :oops: He writes in................. every bloody section! Always denying any nexus between his disparate 'thought bubbles'. That is, till last week, when he claimed that there actually always was. :? But there won't be anymore. :? And all of that is Joffaboy's fault. :?
They try keep earnest Ted away with the offer of regular free holidays. But he always returns rejuvenated, and even more, uhm, 'prolific'. (If only Teddy would just take those blue pills that Dr Spaceman prescribed for him.........)

Many Saintsationalists have sent PMs asking how young Loris got to be so talented? :shock: Can't answer that one re her chess hustling, but as far as the magic goes, that'd be from her mum. 8-)

And yes, more of HarryM's delicious gourmet quiches are up for grabs for anyone who can correctly name the Saintsationalists who help out with the 'think time' entertainment. (And no Fred honey, still no cheat sheet for you. Sorry mate.)

Post match, Brions' members' reserve. For gaz. :D

After a loss it's always a good thing to congratulate the winners. That shows graciousness and class.

And always lulls 'em. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

bangaulegend wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 7:38pmGreat stuff Aeon loved the Angels flavour & Kinky doing a bit of Warren Zevon . I know I'm being greedy now but In line with the headless chicken clip what about Roland the headless Thompson gunner or some Werewolves of London or anything Warren Zevon really. Keep up the great work love the Flux Report
Greed is good oh Legendary one. :D
https://www.quotemaster.org/images/95/9 ... fa1e09.gif

Besides, since some have raised concerns about the plight of the Headless Chook... :wink:

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon> Image

Thoughts, Saintsationalists...?

- Aeon.

https://aeon.co/

dalboy wrote: Sun 03 Apr 2022 7:40pmSecond worst thread ever! No, wait. That was the worst thread ever.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks Aeon loved Roland & great clip 😍

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

...the dopers heard the burst, and bought it.

Ahwooo, Ahwooo......