Rhi Watt delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Rhi Watt delisted

And will be picked up by Melbourne

I find this decision staggering

Yes she has a knee injury that will keep her out (I believe) of the next season

But she was a fantastic Sainter , not the best in the team but a leader and mentor

How could she not be kept on to help all the young players in our squad

This decision is also not helped by another experienced Sainter Kate McCarthy also shown the door

Fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Rhi Watt delisted

Saints twitter says she was capt in 2020?
One lady on twitter was unhappy about it, I replied to her, mentioning Hayes getting 2 yrs after 4 games, while Rhi was captain (not being critical of the club, just comparing)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, pretty harsh, isn’t it? Also lost our best player from last season to Hawthorn :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 3:32pm Saints twitter says she was capt in 2020?
One lady on twitter was unhappy about it, I replied to her, mentioning Hayes getting 2 yrs after 4 games, while Rhi was captain (not being critical of the club, just comparing)
Good point.

Just rang the club to tell them how disappointed I am and that this would never likely happen to a male captain

Fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Oh…..woman’s football

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

terry smith rules wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 3:57pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 3:32pm Saints twitter says she was capt in 2020?
Good point.

Just rang the club to tell them how disappointed I am and that this would never likely happen to a male captain

Fqf
It would have been a hard decision by the club.
They're publicly promoting inclusion, mental health, offering support (contacting past players, etc) then this happens.
Their twitter just says she 'won't be part of the squad' 🤷‍♂️🙊

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 4:00pm Oh…..woman’s football
:lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
diddley
Club Player

She is a former captain of St Kilda, and a saints fan her whole life. She wore the jumper with more pride than most players. Give her and the situation some respect and keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

They made a hard decision when it came to Rhi Watt being injured and unavailable for season 7, not sure what other considerations there were when they decided to delist her,
and yet, they are in a quandry with Patrikios, surely they are not going to sign her up to spend another season on the sidelines because she won't get jabbed, whatever her reasons are.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
diddley
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 7:40pm They made a hard decision when it came to Rhi Watt being injured and unavailable for season 7, not sure what other considerations there were when they decided to delist her,
and yet, they are in a quandry with Patrikios, surely they are not going to sign her up to spend another season on the sidelines because she won't get jabbed, whatever her reasons are.
Unfortunately for Rhi, she is 34.
Patrikios is 21, and an All Australian, dual B&F, who has not even got close to her ceiling.
Purely from a list perspective, when comparing the 2, they have made the correct choice.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 8:12pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 7:40pm They made a hard decision when it came to Rhi Watt being injured and unavailable for season 7, not sure what other considerations there were when they decided to delist her,
Patrikios is 21, and an All Australian, dual B&F, who has not even got close to her ceiling.
Purely from a list perspective, when comparing the 2, they have made the correct choice.
Can they keep Patrikios on the list UNTIL the AFL changes it's rules and says you no longer have to be vaxed to play.
How much will her management demand for a new, non-playing contract.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 7:29pm
She is a former captain of St Kilda, and a saints fan her whole life. She wore the jumper with more pride than most players. Give her and the situation some respect and keep your stupid comments to yourself.

I’ve been the saints fan my whole life as well. Show “me “ some respect
I’m impressed but could not be more disinterested.
Was thinking who the hell is rhi and should we pick him up….. we need another forum dedicated to womens football or do you find that discriminatory.

diddley
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 9:01pm

Was thinking who the hell is rhi and should we pick him up….. we need another forum dedicated to womens football or do you find that discriminatory.
If you couldn’t be more disinterested, just go to the next forum topic. There is no need to give a poke, or for the name calling for that matter.

There currently is no women’s footy forum, so until that happens, just put up with the 1 club mantra the whole club keeps pushing, and rightfully so. They are all playing for St Kilda after all. If you wanted the respect you think you have earned by being a fan, that shouldn’t have to be explained to you.

diddley
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 8:36pm
diddley wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 8:12pm
Can they keep Patrikios on the list UNTIL the AFL changes it's rules and says you no longer have to be vaxed to play.
How much will her management demand for a new, non-playing contract.
Yeah, I’m not sure.
It would only be speculative when that happens.
I’m happy to wait for her. She is a generational player.
At this stage, the only thing keeping her with us, is that she can’t play anywhere else, and we are still paying her a full wage (which I personally am against while she chooses to sit out).

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 9:13pm

If you couldn’t be more disinterested, just go to the next forum topic. There is no need to give a poke, or for the name calling for that matter.

There currently is no women’s footy forum, so until that happens, just put up with the 1 club mantra the whole club keeps pushing, and rightfully so. They are all playing for St Kilda after all. If you wanted the respect you think you have earned by being a fan, that shouldn’t have to be explained to you.
I would have gone to the next forum topic if I had of realised this was about women’s football
This has come up before and authors were asked to mention Aflw or whatever it is
Calling my comment stupid really would warrant some name-calling but there was none

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 9:27pm

I would have gone to the next forum topic if I had of realised this was about women’s football
This has come up before and authors were asked to mention Aflw or whatever it is
Calling my comment stupid really would warrant some name-calling but there was none
I wasn't going to comment here, I'm not really interested in this particular topic. But I will anyway.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 9:48pm
The Fireman wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 9:27pm

I wasn't going to comment here, I'm not really interested in this particular topic. But I will anyway.
Lol. I inadvertently fell into this topic so I thought while I was here I may as well say something :)
If I had of known it was about women’s football I wouldn’t have opened the bastard

You made me comment again :evil: :evil: :?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Geary was Captain,

Arguably long after the arguable argument that one could argue...(he was no longer best 22, let alone best 18)

His manager, no doubt aware of the delicate nature of timing, held on.

We didn't get the announcement ("I 'aint Captain") til long after the doors for final lists closed.

what does that tell you?

Sorry, suggest to you?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

You made me comment again
:P

another zz ss moment
sponsored by the fuchsia flavoured ferret

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 10:23pm Geary was Captain,

Arguably long after the arguable argument that one could argue...(he was no longer best 22, let alone best 18)

We didn't get the announcement ("I 'aint Captain") til long after the doors for final lists closed.

what does that tell you?

Sorry, suggest to you?
Nothing about Rhi Watt, regardless of the length of the bow.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 10:26pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 10:23pm Geary was Captain,

what does that tell you?

Sorry, suggest to you?
Nothing about Rhi Watt, regardless of the length of the bow.
It triggered me cos I suspect that when players with big legacies are axed, they already know..
And their managers have an inner lane on the news..

So despite being sad, I suspect she saw it coming, and could plan accordingly.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I've grown to respect Rhi Watt. She was reliable and backed that with passion in her efforts. But, this is a team with a lot of young talent. The skill level of women’s football is going to rise steadily from here, it must, so, as footy usually goes, the older generation must make way for the new. I reckon Rhi would be ok with that.

outside66
Club Player

You sound like a pretty s*** fan. Grow up

ace
Saintsational Legend

Is that like no X football.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 12:16am

You sound like a pretty s*** fan. Grow up
Too old to grow up and was a member for the most part of my life. Contributed much to the club over the years , fund raisers etc. not sure what else I could do to be a good fan
But that’s okay you don’t know me and I’m glad you like woman’s football I’m just not a fan that’s all and think it would be great if there was a separate forum dedicated to it-cheers