Dockers chatter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Dockers chatter

Loving all this dockers hype! All the press beefing them up! Takes the pressure off us… even tho we beat them…at home!

Gooooo saints

#1 Ryder fan
axcellence
Club Player

Re: Dockers chatter

It's not too bad. Fyfe is still out for a large part of the season. So, if he comes back, it can mean anything. Still means little as shoulder ops are tricky to come back from.

Saints get back Billings, Jones, Clarke and maybe Geary (if top 22). Not quite Fyfe material but can be good.

St Kilda's most important players right now are:-

King
Gresham
Higgins
Sinclair
Steele
Paddy/Marshall (need one playing)
Crouch
Howard
Hill

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 7:25am It's not too bad. Fyfe is still out for a large part of the season. So, if he comes back, it can mean anything. Still means little as shoulder ops are tricky to come back from.

Saints get back Billings, Jones, Clarke and maybe Geary (if top 22). Not quite Fyfe material but can be good.

King
Gresham
Higgins
Sinclair
Steele
Crouch
Howard
Hill
What about Battle? What about Membrey? What about the contributions from Dan Butler and Seb Ross?

DMac and Mason Wood are both in very good form and they’re playing selfless footy. Webster and Wilkie are defending well and are very stingy when it comes to giving up goals to opposition forwards.

You can’t cover multiple injuries and it doesn’t matter if it’s 3-4 of your ‘most important players’ or if it’s 3-4 or your lesser lights.

I’d argue St Kilda’s most important asset right now is the coach. He has buy in from his players and they are playing team footy.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 8:53am
axcellence wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 7:25am It's not too bad. Fyfe is still out for a large part of the season. So, if he comes back, it can mean anything. Still means little as shoulder ops are tricky to come back from.

King
Gresham
Higgins
Sinclair
Steele
Crouch
Howard
Hill
What about Battle? What about Membrey? What about the contributions from Dan Butler and Seb Ross?

DMac and Mason Wood are both in very good form and they’re playing selfless footy. Webster and Wilkie are defending well and are very stingy when it comes to giving up goals to opposition forwards.

You can’t cover multiple injuries and it doesn’t matter if it’s 3-4 of your ‘most important players’ or if it’s 3-4 or your lesser lights.

I’d argue St Kilda’s most important asset right now is the coach. He has buy in from his players and they are playing team footy.
Shhh, don't mention the "c" word.

axcellence
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 8:53am

King
Gresham
Higgins
Sinclair
Steele
Crouch
Howard
Hill

What about fielding 18 players on the field!? 8-)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

That acres bloke goes okay

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

This year is the first time since 2010 that I believe in the Saints 'team first' mantra and 'role players'.

We had Brett Peake, Mark McGough, and a whole collection of B Graders who seemed to play team first footy, didn't have any X-Factor, but they did their jobs well.
The whole team were on the same page, they knew what was gonna happen.

In saying that, I think our current guys, all of them, are playing so well as a team, I'm not sure how we squeeze in Billings, Jones, Clark.
Of course these 3 will add a lot to the dynamic.

Maybe, Wood goes for Billings, however, I believe Wood offers more to the team, even with his low possession numbers. He competes, he blocks, he bustles, shepherds, makes it easier for Membrey to get into space, helps Higgins get off the leash, etc.

Billings being in F50 may not be desirable, as with his skill, he would be wasted if he sacrifices his game to help team-mates.
But...he could replace Butler, who can overdo the party tricks- he thinks he's the love-child of Milne and Peter Daicos.
Billings would bring a bit more common sense than Butler.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I honestly believe jones before anyone should just walk back into the side

Ape_Man
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 6:38pm That acres bloke goes okay
Had a big month. Hopefully he has shaken the Richo out of him.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

We’ll, they would beat us if we played them tomorrow. Freo are the real deal. We’re a bunch of jokers!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Premium89
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 7:12pm This year is the first time since 2010 that I believe in the Saints 'team first' mantra and 'role players'.

We had Brett Peake, Mark McGough, and a whole collection of B Graders who seemed to play team first footy, didn't have any X-Factor, but they did their jobs well.
The whole team were on the same page, they knew what was gonna happen.

In saying that, I think our current guys, all of them, are playing so well as a team, I'm not sure how we squeeze in Billings, Jones, Clark.
Of course these 3 will add a lot to the dynamic.

Maybe, Wood goes for Billings, however, I believe Wood offers more to the team, even with his low possession numbers. He competes, he blocks, he bustles, shepherds, makes it easier for Membrey to get into space, helps Higgins get off the leash, etc.

Billings being in F50 may not be desirable, as with his skill, he would be wasted if he sacrifices his game to help team-mates.
But...he could replace Butler, who can overdo the party tricks- he thinks he's the love-child of Milne and Peter Daicos.
Billings would bring a bit more common sense than Butler.
You forgot to mention about wood - has the potential for contested grabs - not neccesarily JB’s strongest suit.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 11:06pm We’ll, they would beat us if we played them tomorrow. Freo are the real deal. We’re a bunch of jokers!
Crap. Does anything else ever come out of that mouth of yours?