No better sign…

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

No better sign…

…of where we’re at as a club than Ratts coming out on the front foot in his presser and basically declaring a new contract for Jack Hayes.

What a way to turn a horrible negative into a massive positive.

You could see Jacks smile post game that they’d been in
his ear too.

The Saints are absolutely flying at the moment.

Life is good!!

Look again it's the Flash!!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: No better sign…

Yep totally agree. Ratts couldn't have managed the situation any better, clearly Jack was accepted by the group immediately he walked in the door, that's rare for an outsider to do that in a footy club.

I'm devastated myself, mainly for Jack but I think he's going to be a massive loss for the team and is a big reason for our good performance thus far. He has given our forwards great structure and the mids better forward entry mechanism.

King struggled and will really struggle even further if RoMa is also missing. And whilst not a genuine ruck, he could help out in that department too.

And pleeeeeeese, enough with Sharman being the answer, not even close.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 9:25am Yep totally agree. Ratts couldn't have managed the situation any better, clearly Jack was accepted by the group immediately he walked in the door, that's rare for an outsider to do that in a footy club.

I'm devastated myself, mainly for Jack but I think he's going to be a massive loss for the team and is a big reason for our good performance thus far. He has given our forwards great structure and the mids better forward entry mechanism.

King struggled and will really struggle even further if RoMa is also missing. And whilst not a genuine ruck, he could help out in that department too.

King kicked 1.7. Struggled to kick straight was about all he struggled with.
Our inaccurate kicking flattered them and our ability to control the ground with gut running while our 2 ruckman and our CHF missing, was outstanding.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 10:37am
Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 9:25am Yep totally agree. Ratts couldn't have managed the situation any better, clearly Jack was accepted by the group immediately he walked in the door, that's rare for an outsider to do that in a footy club.

Our inaccurate kicking flattered them and our ability to control the ground with gut running while our 2 ruckman and our CHF missing, was outstanding.
I get the logic in support of Max.

Max has got one job. If he's not doing his job then who's going to kick the goals. Jack forced the defence to scramble but without him all the tall defenders go to Max and force him to areas of the ground where its harder to score from.

Jack proved in 6 games our forward line AND Max needs an extra tall...like Jack.

And speaking of Jack's, thankfully we've got little Jack bobbing up for some goals.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

As far as I'm concerned, Sharman is a definite in next week!!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
nostalgicsaint
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 11:20am

Disagree.

Heath and Campbell have much bigger claims. + ryder back in

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 11:26am

Disagree.

Heath and Campbell have much bigger claims. + ryder back in
I agree that Ryder will come in but I also feel that Cooper should as well. Between Marshall, Cooper, King and Battle there is enough help for Ryder in the ruck.

NeXus
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 10:55am

Max has got one job. If he's not doing his job then who's going to kick the goals. Jack forced the defence to scramble but without him all the tall defenders go to Max and force him to areas of the ground where its harder to score from.

Jack proved in 6 games our forward line AND Max needs an extra tall...like Jack.

And speaking of Jack's, thankfully we've got little Jack bobbing up for some goals.
We need 13.9 for credibility in attack.
We fell a mile short tonight due to King and Higgins missing.
27 shots at goal rarely ends in defeat and couple that with our outstanding defence and we are hard to beat.
In terms of stopping and scoring from rebound, we are on fire. Higgins and King get it right and you are talking top 4. Im happy with where we are for now.

8.12 is more than we would like to concede but when you consider our injuries last night, the tactical jousting that went on mid game and our assault on a 4 goal burst in the third, letting them have a little field in the 2nd was rectified quickly and they couldn't score to save themselves after the break.

GWS are soft.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I'm shocked you you haven't started a thread titled along the lines of: No Sharman, No St Kilda.

So sharman has been carving it up at Sandy then has he, or are you buying into the internet whispers that it doesn't matter he's only playing like a second rate 3rds player in the VFL but needs to be selected in the AFL side for him to play better?

Makes sense doesn't it.

Hey if it works Ratts will have coach of the year locked up by midseason.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 11:42am

I'm shocked you you haven't started a thread titled along the lines of: No Sharman, No St Kilda.

So sharman has been carving it up at Sandy then has he, or are you buying into the internet whispers that it doesn't matter he's only playing like a second rate 3rds player in the VFL but needs to be selected in the AFL side for him to play better?

Makes sense doesn't it.

Without punctuation your post makes no sense.

NeXus
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 11:34am
Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 10:55am

We need 13.9 for credibility in attack.
We fell a mile short tonight due to King and Higgins missing.
27 shots at goal rarely ends in defeat and couple that with our outstanding defence and we are hard to beat.
In terms of stopping and scoring from rebound, we are on fire. Higgins and King get it right and you are talking top 4. Im happy with where we are for now.

8.12 is more than we would like to concede but when you consider our injuries last night, the tactical jousting that went on mid game and our assault on a 4 goal burst in the third, letting them have a little field in the 2nd was rectified quickly and they couldn't score to save themselves after the break.

GWS are soft.
Yep goog point, good problems to have and I'll take this years performances over last years.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 11:44am
Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 11:42am

Makes sense doesn't it.

Without punctuation your post makes no sense.
Thanks.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Love the OP!

I suggest we will give young Ryder an opportunity & I'm leaning towards Heath in front of Campbell. Let RoMa get his corkie well & truly out of his system.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

This team, from the latter part of last season to the first 6 games this season, apply endless pressure to the opposition. Eventually they break. We would be 6 nil if King and Higgins had kicked a bit straighter against the filth.