Should we try and get De Goey as a Free Agent???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

happy feet
Club Player

Re: Should we try and get De Goey as a Free Agent???

I would hate to see DeGoey as a Saint. The bloke has a massive question mark over him. Billings is hopefully not going anywhere and I hope he has a great season. I’m guilty of being to critical of Billings.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 9:01pm I would hate to see DeGoey as a Saint. The bloke has a massive question mark over him. Billings is hopefully not going anywhere and I hope he has a great season. I’m guilty of being to critical of Billings.
9.999 out of 10 AFL fans would laugh their arses off at that suggestion and take De Goey over billings in less than a heart beat, hell I'd even offer to help pack Billings bags and order him an Uber to his new club.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't there need to be an all members motion passed to waive the no dickheads rule? (could mention the possibility of Stringer coming over as an incentive to vote).

Am still trying to remember Jack B being marshmallow-ish - can you refresh my pitiful memory?
Can remember him kicking a bag of 5 to win us a game and slotting some beauties from acute angles, can remember some terrific pack marks on his chest. Just can't remember him squibbing, but I guess it might come to me....no can't remember.

Oh, can remember him playing early last year with a serious and painful foot injury, playing through the pain stuff, but I guess that sort of courage doesn't count? So when did he do the marshmellow thing......

Laurie
Club Player

@ YORKEYS Your memory will be refreshed when he returns to the side after his hamstring injury as to how often he takes those great chest marks as to how often he kicks those bags of 5 as to how often he drills them both sides of his body left and right foot as to how often he is at the bottom of a pack.
Cannot qait for his return and winning ganes for us.

BOOM BOOM

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I keep hearing how Billings was having a great season early last year, was that when we were flying and considered a finals chance, or was that after round one and we were being smashed by on a regular basis.

Shaggy
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 10:12pm I keep hearing how Billings was having a great season early last year, was that when we were flying and considered a finals chance, or was that after round one and we were being smashed by on a regular basis.
I think it was before round 5 when he was injured in the warm up against richmond.

We were 2 wins 2 losses and Billings was like Sinclair so far this season.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

DeGoey plays some good games and a lot of average ones

He is Jake Stringer befor last season

Capable of great, but generally average

Could be a top 20 player in the AFL but is not

Fans rate him because they do what fans do …. Judge players on their best… not necessarily their actual output.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

He'll give us better service than the bloke on $800 K who Lethlean brought to St Kilda

De Goey brings his best when it is demanded and he's got a good record in finals. He is a proven match winner.

Do we want to try and win a flag or not?

We had our chance to recruit Dustin Martin before Richmond became a powerhouse Football Club and he became a super star but we shhaat our pants

Does St Kilda FC exist only to make up the numbers and provide fodder for the likes of the top teams?

Does De Goey have any existing criminal charges hanging over his head or has he had a conviction of some sort? I understand it's a only few misdemeanors

Did Trout interview him?

https://resources.afl.com.au/photo-reso ... height=600

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Can he do any worse than play 15 games in 5 years ?
Is a d!ckhead but certainly has X factor on the field which we need more of.
Why not ask the question- but I doubt he leaves Collingwood.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 9:29pm Wouldn't there need to be an all members motion passed to waive the no dickheads rule? (could mention the possibility of Stringer coming over as an incentive to vote).

Am still trying to remember Jack B being marshmallow-ish - can you refresh my pitiful memory?
Can remember him kicking a bag of 5 to win us a game and slotting some beauties from acute angles, can remember some terrific pack marks on his chest. Just can't remember him squibbing, but I guess it might come to me....no can't remember.

Oh, can remember him playing early last year with a serious and painful foot injury, playing through the pain stuff, but I guess that sort of courage doesn't count? So when did he do the marshmellow thing......
You'll be waiting a while Yorkeys. As you can see by the replies, they have no examples of him squibbing or being soft.

They are mired in their own perceptions of him, wishing he was the Bont. I think we all wish the Bont played for us but the Bont was not rated Top 3 at the time we drafted Billings.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Would take DeGoey as a FA

Would NOT trade for him

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 8:42am
Yorkeys wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 9:29pm Wouldn't there need to be an all members motion passed to waive the no dickheads rule? (could mention the possibility of Stringer coming over as an incentive to vote).

You'll be waiting a while Yorkeys. As you can see by the replies, they have no examples of him squibbing or being soft.

They are mired in their own perceptions of him, wishing he was the Bont. I think we all wish the Bont played for us but the Bont was not rated Top 3 at the time we drafted Billings.
When I think of who I'd like Billings to morph into I think of Geoff Cunningham. Now there's ya mans-man. Take me back to the that era please when rehydration after a game was done with VB and Marlboro cigs. And the guy knew how to wear a moustouch. Someone should get him down to the club and mentor Max on the mastery of intimidating facial hair.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 9:39am

When I think of who I'd like Billings to morph into I think of Geoff Cunningham. Now there's ya mans-man. Take me back to the that era please when rehydration after a game was done with VB and Marlboro cigs. And the guy knew how to wear a moustouch. Someone should get him down to the club and mentor Max on the mastery of intimidating facial hair.
I miss those days. Joffa was a legend. He played on one of mates in the ressies one day at Moorabbin. He was actually playing full back and actually taught my mate how and when to lead out from the square. My mate was stoked because he was still a Saints supporter but happened to get picked up by Melbourne.

older saint
SS Life Member

No thanks

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 9:13pm
happy feet wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 9:01pm I would hate to see DeGoey as a Saint. The bloke has a massive question mark over him. Billings is hopefully not going anywhere and I hope he has a great season. I’m guilty of being to critical of Billings.
9.999 out of 10 AFL fans would laugh their arses off at that suggestion and take De Goey over billings in less than a heart beat, hell I'd even offer to help pack Billings bags and order him an Uber to his new club.
this......

don't particularly think gooey is of high calibre but if he gets me a flag I may overlook his shortcomings.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 10:00am
Vortex wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 9:39am

I miss those days. Joffa was a legend. He played on one of mates in the ressies one day at Moorabbin. He was actually playing full back and actually taught my mate how and when to lead out from the square. My mate was stoked because he was still a Saints supporter but happened to get picked up by Melbourne.
been lucky to meet Joff on a few occasions of late ( a mate of a mate) ripper bloke and loved the #5 during those years.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Pass on De Goey :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
happy feet
Club Player

There is an old saying, you lay down with dogs you will catch fleas. We don’t need any DeGoey fleas, let them stay at the filth. Billings does not come with baggage and rhe risk of unacceptable behavior.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Give me a flag and I’ll scratch myself stupid

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 8:57pm
happy feet wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 9:01pm I would h²ate to see DeGoey as a Saint. The bloke has a massive question mark over him. Billings is hopefully not going anywhere and I hope he has a great season. I’m guilty of being to critical of Billings.
There is an old saying, you lay down with dogs you will catch fleas. We don’t need any DeGoey fleas, let them stay at the filth. Billings does not come with baggage and rhe risk of unacceptable behavior.
Another saying is; if you want to win games of footy wear a flea collar because the field is infested with flea's.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 1:33pm
this......

don't particularly think gooey is of high calibre but if he gets me a flag I may overlook his shortcomings.
A mate of mine who knows Gags reckons he is tabling an offer for De Goey that will be impossible to knock back!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 09 Apr 2022 10:47pm
this......

A mate of mine who knows Gags reckons he is tabling an offer for De Goey that will be impossible to knock back!!
And how good is our record of managing wayward players? Will end in a disaster.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 8:49am
this......

And how good is our record of managing wayward players? Will end in a disaster.
Maybe Deg Goey has learnt his lesson and will knuckle down?

NeXus
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

this......

I call BS, not a hard call but the right call.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 10:55am
this......

I call BS, not a hard call but the right call.
We will see

NeXus