Has Cartlon Gone Past Us ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Has Cartlon Gone Past Us ?

They look to have good balance on every line.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Cartlon Gone Past Us ?

Their midfield pantsed us in the practice match, and did the job on Richmond tonight. Our midfield looks like a bunch of fumbling plodders in comparison, though I think we are better in other areas.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

2 things we have that they don't, are Kent and Ross.
Massive difference.

I would actually put Cripps slightly ahead of Steele.
Jones is as good as, or better, than any of theirs.
Higgins and Butler (on their good days) are better than their forwards.
Max and RoMa- skill level-wise, could dominate the Blues, however our horrible disposal and tactics will negate Max and Roma.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

They looked quick all over the ground.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

They kept going, found a way, didn't get overwhelmed by tempo change or opposition run-ons. Well done.

I honestly don't think they are that much better on paper man-for-man, but boy, that was quite a performance.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I reckon they looked a little better than they are in that last 1/4

Umpires gave them everything and gave Richmond nothing. They ran with the momentum and never looked back. Hard for Rupichmomd to wrestle anything back when every 50/50 went against them.

That double 50m penalty makes me dread the season ahead

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

They looked good
However Richmond have allota ageing stars

In red white and black from 73
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

one game does not make a season

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

What do you expect of a team that has a lot of great players wanting to come to them. Are brown paper bags in vogue again?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Aaron Hamill's coaching apprenticeship at St Kilda is paying dividends for Carlton already.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Yes......imo

Walsh still to come back......a gun

saint4life
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I would say they are ahead yes. More elite talent

#1 Ryder fan
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

They beat a team that finished 12th last year. A team we held to just 2 goals. Big. F. Deal.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It's a great start for the year for them, and will give their long-suffering fans a big boost.

However, I think that skillwise, they are more or less at our level: albeit, unlike us, they have a genuine superstar in the form of Cripps (and boy he played well).

Last night they took their chances - their goal kicking accuracy steadily improved as the game went on - and got plenty of free kicks and 50s at crucial times. And Richmond is looking way past their best, particularly in terms of winning clearances.

As far as I could watching it on TV, it seemed that Voss's structure last night was based on an ultra-mobile defensive press that required even the talls to continually run all over the field: somewhat reminiscent of Ross Lyon's approach when coaching us. I was expecting them to run out of puff in the last quarter, but that didn't happen. But it most likely will happen against teams with high intensity running games that are better-equipped than the 2022 Tigers model.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Eight 50m penalties to the Bluescum :shock:

Tigers are cooked and will be lucky to be top 10

Bluescum still made plenty of errors but had the rub the green when needed

Both very beatable

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stkfc1
Club Player

Their midfield has better players. Cripps (when fit) and Walsh are Superstars. Cerra is going to be a gun.

We have
Steele
Daylight
B graders.
Ross
I'm being a bit harsh
Jones and Gresh are A grade when on song (and on the park)
Hopefully Owens and Byrnes can bring something to the table.

Ill take our rucks any day.

I'll take our bookends also.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 7:59am It's a great start for the year for them, and will give their long-suffering fans a big boost.

However, I think that skillwise, they are more or less at our level: albeit, unlike us, they have a genuine superstar in the form of Cripps (and boy he played well).

Last night they took their chances - their goal kicking accuracy steadily improved as the game went on - and got plenty of free kicks and 50s at crucial times. And Richmond is looking way past their best, particularly in terms of winning clearances.

As far as I could watching it on TV, it seemed that Voss's structure last night was based on an ultra-mobile defensive press that required even the talls to continually run all over the field: somewhat reminiscent of Ross Lyon's approach when coaching us. I was expecting them to run out of puff in the last quarter, but that didn't happen. But it most likely will happen against teams with high intensity running games that are better-equipped than the 2022 Tigers model.

Oh Baba spare me the 'long suffering Carlton fans'. How many premierships? How many consecutive years of presidency by convicted corporate criminals?
Carlton and all that they are can get f*****.

BadRossco
Club Player

They are well ahead of us for a lot of reasons, astute early draft picks, a destination club, better skills and the sealer being those brown paper bags full of cash

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

St Byron

I couldn’t give a stuff about Carlton fans.

But it’s a matter of fact that they’ve really suffered in recent years. Their team and club leadership have been total garbage for more than two decades. I don’t know that even at our very worst, we were ever such a hopeless mess as they have been.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 10:27am St Byron

But it’s a matter of fact that they’ve really suffered in recent years. Their team and club leadership have been total garbage for more than two decades. I don’t know that even at our very worst, we were ever such a hopeless mess as they have been.
You're way too kind mate. This is the club that tried to shut us down in the 80's. Decades long arrogance propped up by corruption. Not even a sliver of compassion for them and their supporters can get past my loathing. F*** them.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 10:36am

You're way too kind mate. This is the club that tried to shut us down in the 80's. Decades long arrogance propped up by corruption. Not even a sliver of compassion for them and their supporters can get past my loathing. F*** them.
ess and Carlton are cheating clubs. plain and simple. their supporters in the past were arrogant s*** heads and both clubs copped their right whack and if they suffer for another 100m yrs it wouldnt be long enough

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 10:49am

ess and Carlton are cheating clubs. plain and simple. their supporters in the past were arrogant s*** heads and both clubs copped their right whack and if they suffer for another 100m yrs it wouldnt be long enough
Yes indeed. 😊 My only quibble with that post is "the past". Dees I don't mind. Carlton 🤮

DJ Higgins
Club Player

On one game they have plus they have a better back line I.e weitering we are short a kpd. They have a superior mid field. We have Steele but we need another elite in there. I prefer our forward however

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 18 Mar 2022 10:49am

Yep, I'm happy to see them suffer too. But they are only equal third with Geelong, behind the Bombers and the Swans, on the list of clubs I personally hate the most. And I find I struggle to find enough hate to spread around all of Satan's spawn.

- Jonathan Swift
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

No, they have gone past Richmond. Maybe. Like Tiges were 20 points up into Q4 and had a few injuries to contend with.

Vis a vis Saints: TBD