Anybody have a Kayo subscription

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anybody have a Kayo subscription

So I called the club today and just made an enquiry about the Kayo membership.

Historically, I’ve been the equivalent of an Ultimate Member, Social Club, Foundation Member, Platinum member etc and whatever else it has been called over the years.
$370 for general admission to all home games and access to finals tickets.

The challenge in more recent times… even outside of covid is that I’ve moved regional so it’s a long time for me to get back and fourth and coz I like to work weekends for penalty rates… I actually rarely get out to games. Would have gone to 2 games in the last 5 years if that.

Hence whilst im still keen to support the club and buy a membership… have always wished that the club was a little more flexible in its approach to memberships and offered packages that tended to be more other perks then just tickets for games.

I wanted to see if I could pay the full amount of $370 or even a bit more if necessary get the $240 Kayo package, forfeit my rights to H&A games but retain access to finals tickets.

So essentially spend $370 on a product their selling for $240 + the right to pay extra to purchase final tickets.

Unfortunately they tell me that’s it’s one or the other or both.
Could potentially spend $610 and not go to a single game if they miss finals

Really wish the club the could be more flexible with stuff like this.
Have to imagine there’s a huge untapped market out there for fans that don’t go to games

Now I’m not really sure what to purchase
$240 for something that I will use heavily but takes away the ultimate prize
Or $370 to possibly go to 4 games in September

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 18 Feb 2022 2:51pm So I called the club today and just made an enquiry about the Kayo membership.

Historically, I’ve been the equivalent of an Ultimate Member, Social Club, Foundation Member, Platinum member etc and whatever else it has been called over the years.

The challenge in more recent times… even outside of covid is that I’ve moved regional so it’s a long time for me to get back and fourth and coz I like to work weekends for penalty rates… I actually rarely get out to games. Would have gone to 2 games in the last 5 years if that.

Hence whilst im still keen to support the club and buy a membership… have always wished that the club was a little more flexible in its approach to memberships and offered packages that tended to be more other perks then just tickets for games.

I wanted to see if I could pay the full amount of $370 or even a bit more if necessary get the $240 Kayo package, forfeit my rights to H&A games but retain access to finals tickets.

So essentially spend $370 on a product their selling for $240 + the right to pay extra to purchase final tickets.

Have to imagine there’s a huge untapped market out there for fans that don’t go to games

Just get kayo for the season and then stop it and an ultimate country member (I think that gives you finals tickets access). Hope that simplifies thing a bit.

Winmar
Club Player

Yeah that's what I'd do. $25 per month from say 16 March (when round 1 starts) till mid September (6 months) = $150, plus whatever the membership costs.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Then you just need a ticket to the big show.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I have Foxtel which has been great.

I'm selling up this year and moving to regional Victoria so until i get settled i think i'll be going back to the old days, just listening to games on the radio.

I'll keep my Saints membership but let my Full AFL membership lapse as it'll be too much of a hassle to travel to games, especially now that i've sold my car.

I won't have the internet either so that'll take some getting used to. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 18 Feb 2022 3:25pm
skeptic wrote: Fri 18 Feb 2022 2:51pm So I called the club today and just made an enquiry about the Kayo membership.

Just get kayo for the season and then stop it and an ultimate country member (I think that gives you finals tickets access). Hope that simplifies thing a bit.
That is positively brilliant
The guy of the phone didn’t even think of that

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No grannie admission though, which will be a real bummer this year, :wink: :wink: :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

According to the website, an ultimate interstate memberships gets you GF access...

A little unclear as to exactly what that is - am assuming that’s for ppl that have been ultimate members?

Guess the club will sort that out

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 18 Feb 2022 5:41pm

I might be assuming there is an ultimate country membership. I know my ultimate interstate ones have GF access. You may need a new address. Lol

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

You'll only need 3 games 8-)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022 8:37am
avid wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 10:53pm I've found Kayo very convenient.
I hate paying money to Foxtel, but it's not very much (I think about $14 per month) so I just try to forget about it.
It's been great with all our games out of bounds, and it gives me total flexibility in how I watch them -- live, or almost live (I can pause, and then catch up), and in replay -- even while the game hasn't yet finished -- or much later.
There are ads, but much fewer than on regular commercial, and the commentary just keeps on going between goal and bounce. That's major!
Nick Riewoldt has been one of the chief analysts/commentators, and I've come to respect him even more than I did as our courageous leader!
I watched the Superbowl on it yesterday too, which was a bonus.
Kayo is $25 per month for 2 devices. unless you share it with another person like i do.
I pay $53/month for two Foxtel boxes and get UHD also. I probably could only have one box and ideally get it down to $43/month

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

See next post ...
Last edited by samoht on Sun 20 Feb 2022 2:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I couldnt get Kayo to work well via mirroring?

Via chromecast, specifically ... it kept stopping and starting.

Does anyone else have similar mirroring issues ... and is there a surefire solution?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Had Kayo for a few years now.

I think it costs about $15 per month or so.

I wouldn't hesitate. All the games are live with a slight delay, but at least you know you can watch it.

Plus you can watch it on demand. Added to that I usually watch most of the other games each week at some point.

I actually rate it. I use it all the time.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Kayo Sports is an over-the-top video streaming subscription service available in Australia, owned by Streamotion (a wholly owned subsidiary of Foxtel). The service offers sports live and on demand from Fox Sports, ESPN, beIN Sports, and Racing.com.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 18 Feb 2022 6:08pm

I might be assuming there is an ultimate country membership. I know my ultimate interstate ones have GF access. You may need a new address. Lol
Upon further exploration, the ultimate interstate membership (which guarantees GF access is $255) and a regular interstate/country membership is $130 but no GF

So with a Kayo package, you’re looking at essentially $500 with the very real possibility for someone in my circumstances of paying that but not actually going to a game.

It’s a shame because a 5 game membership + Kayo and GF for say $370 doesn’t seem unreasonable or even at $400 at least represents value for money IMO
But it’s looking like the club can’t/budge on that.

So we’re back to spending $500 for something barely used (+ cost more for an actual GF ticket) or $350 that doesn’t get me everything that I want. Lot of money to spend to either way for what you get…

And there’s so little in between

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 24 Feb 2022 4:23pm

Upon further exploration, the ultimate interstate membership (which guarantees GF access is $255) and a regular interstate/country membership is $130 but no GF

So with a Kayo package, you’re looking at essentially $500 with the very real possibility for someone in my circumstances of paying that but not actually going to a game.

It’s a shame because a 5 game membership + Kayo and GF for say $370 doesn’t seem unreasonable or even at $400 at least represents value for money IMO

So we’re back to spending $500 for something barely used (+ cost more for an actual GF ticket) or $350 that doesn’t get me everything that I want. Lot of money to spend to either way for what you get…

Yep. I have foxtel but if I didn't, 6 months Kayo on month to month is $150 + $255 ultimate country. You would save $100 and get 5 home games. They have it all worked out. Go figure.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

See previous post updated. Country ultimate and 6 months, month to month with Kayo is your cheapest option. $405 for 5 games and GF access. You better hurry though only 16,000 ultimate access guaranteed. After that you are in the ballot for GF tickets.

hotdish
Club Player

For anyone after cheap Kayo, here are some hacks:

Sign up for a newscorp trial (Herald Sun for example), $1 for 28 days trial. They have a rewards portal where you can redeem 12 months of Kayo for $200 (30% off): https://www.plusrewards.com.au/heraldsu ... KAYO_Nov20

You can also buy $100 kay gift cards for $85 at Costco.

Once you have a membership, you split it with a mate (max 2 screens simultaneously, you in house 1 and a mate in house 2). so you're looking at worst, at $100 for 12 months, or $8.35 a month if you share with a family member/friend.

Unfortunately there are no other offers I'm aware of, here is a good link to track deals: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/product/kayo-sports

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 24 Feb 2022 5:31pm

See previous post updated. Country ultimate and 6 months, month to month with Kayo is your cheapest option. $405 for 5 games and GF access. You better hurry though only 16,000 ultimate access guaranteed. After that you are in the ballot for GF tickets.
Cheers for that
And you’re right… I think that’s the best middle ground on offer here.

IMO the actual best value is to buy a Kayo membership through the club, pay general admittance anytime I want to go and scalp a GF ticket when necessary.
I won’t do it that way but over the long term you’d save a bit of money doing that and IMO there’s something inherently flawed with the packages when that’s the best option on the table.

Guess I’ll write to the club about that as after all… would actually rather give that Kayo money to the club (for whatever portion they’d get).