Hannebery turns heads , and more items of interest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hannebery turns heads , and more items of interest

What about, 'Hanners makes heads spin.'

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 10:39am
Tommyj wrote: Sat 11 Dec 2021 7:55pm You blokes really piss me off this blokes is trying his guts out to get out there and all I've heard on here is absolutely s*** I really hope he has a free interupurted year and sticks it where it fits its not his fault ffs
Thank you for you post. My thoughts exactly.

Up yours Hannebery detractors
So your happy with 15 games over 3 years on big money :?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 10:34pm
saynta wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 10:39am
Tommyj wrote: Sat 11 Dec 2021 7:55pm You blokes really piss me off this blokes is trying his guts out to get out there and all I've heard on here is absolutely s*** I really hope he has a free interupurted year and sticks it where it fits its not his fault ffs
Thank you for you post. My thoughts exactly.

Up yours Hannebery detractors
So your happy with 15 games over 3 years on big money :?
We wasted a lot more time and money on AR. Id rather remove that mistake than DH.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We're all on the same page here, IMO.

At his best, fit and firing, he's first 22. No questions asked. He's still probably best 22 at whatever his current maximum is, which is 10-15% down on his career peak - arguably a top-10 player.

But his career at St Kilda to this point has been abject; there is simply no other way to cut it. His fault? No, I don't blame him. I blame us for handing him that insane contract. But he accepted it, and also should feel the moral compulsion to deliver on it.

It's not a black or white matter, there is nuance, but we can be both encouraging of him finishing strongly and feeling very disappointed with his contribution. So far, we've paid him $2.4million, and I honestly wish that money had been used to bring Ben King home sooner.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 1:25pm We're all on the same page here, IMO.

At his best, fit and firing, he's first 22. No questions asked. He's still probably best 22 at whatever his current maximum is, which is 10-15% down on his career peak - arguably a top-10 player.

But his career at St Kilda to this point has been abject; there is simply no other way to cut it. His fault? No, I don't blame him. I blame us for handing him that insane contract. But he accepted it, and also should feel the moral compulsion to deliver on it.

It's not a black or white matter, there is nuance, but we can be both encouraging of him finishing strongly and feeling very disappointed with his contribution. So far, we've paid him $2.4million, and I honestly wish that money had been used to bring Ben King home sooner.
Well said. Exactly this. It's not about attacking him as an individual. So far, as it stands today, his recruitment has been a massive failure. How else can you paint 15 games in three years as one of the club's top earners? Let's hope the picture changes this year.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

None of us have a clue ffs as to what he has been paid already and what he is being paid now.

To say that "we" have already paid him 2.4 million is just speculation and offensive at that. Even if the club has, so what it is not "our" money , it's the AFL's.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 1:59pm None of us have a clue ffs as to what he has been paid already and what he is being paid now.

To say that "we" have already paid him 2.4 million is just speculation and offensive at that. Even if the club has, so what it is not "our" money , it's the AFL's.
The AFL also used money to ensure that Ben couldn't come home early and I'm not sure they won't flex their influence to ensure he won't be coming home at all.
When the deal for Hanners was endorsed by the AFL there was roughly $1.1mil that was temporarily banked from previous caps and had to be used, big offers were made elsewhere and no one wanted it..
The deal benefited Sydney more than anyone else and the AFL payed gladly.
Slice and dice it however you like, there was no better alternative.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 1:59pm None of us have a clue ffs as to what he has been paid already and what he is being paid now.

Why is it offensive? It's possibly true. Like you say, none of us a clue what he has been paid. Would be very surprised if he hasn't been paid at least $2 mil up until now. That's only $670k p.a.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 2:59pm

Why is it offensive? It's possibly true. Like you say, none of us a clue what he has been paid. Would be very surprised if he hasn't been paid at least $2 mil up until now. That's only $670k p.a.
I was brought up to believe that what your were paid was your business and no one else's. and that it was poor form to ask anyone how much they earned.

I still believe it is poor form. You have already reduced your figures by .4 of a mill and it's still a guess.

If I was Hanners I would be mortified reading the crap posted about him on this forum

Nothing justifies that. If the same s*** was posted on facebook , suspensions would be handed out.

Posters carry on here as if it is their fuckiing money. It is not.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 9:21pm Image
:wink: