Talia

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Talia

Battle struggles to get a kick forward

And we seemingly have 4 better options in front of the ball

King, Membrey, Marshall, Sharman

If Howard gets injured - we are up s*** creek

dalboy
Club Player

Agreed BM - Battle had his most consistent year at CHB and has floated around since then without cementing a spot. He hasn't ever kicked a bag and is perfectly suited to CHB in my opinion.

We don't need to recruit a CHB while he is on the list.

Happiness is a warm pie!
diddley
Club Player

Not going to happen.
Talia is sitting the 2022 session out.

diddley
Club Player

FORMER Adelaide defender Daniel Talia will sit out the 2022 season after suffering another injury setback with his troublesome foot, his manager has revealed.

Talia, 30, was delisted at the end of the season after failing to play a game this season.

Richmond showed interest in recruiting the former club champion before ultimately opting to sign Robbie Tarrant from North Melbourne, but Talia's manager Liam Pickering said his client never really entertained the idea of leaving South Australia.

"His family, they want to stay in Adelaide. He's got two young kids under two, his wife's an Adelaide girl," Pickering told SEN radio.

"He did have a chat with Richmond and I think the Tigers felt the same thing. They felt it was going to be hard to get him over anyway.

"They also had concerns about his foot which they've got every right to have when we spoke to them straight after the season."

Pickering said the tendon problem, which had bothered the two-time Therabody AFL All-Australian all year, was still an issue and would require another operation.

"It's still not much good. He's going to have to go back and have some surgery. Talia won't be playing next year.

"The foot has kept him out for a year and he's been rehabbing it and trying to get it right, but it's just not coming good … he's had another setback with it.

"He'll have to speak to his surgeon and see where it's at. It's just not getting any better."

As a delisted free agent, Talia will be eligible to be signed by any AFL club during the off-season signing window, should he change his mind and his fitness improves.

diddley
Club Player

diddley wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 12:11pm Not going to happen.
Talia is sitting the 2022 session out.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/684497/inju ... t-out-2022

Saints58
Club Player

maverick wrote: Wed 13 Oct 2021 5:36pm Who else then?
Sam Reid
Jarred Brander
Levi casbolt
All potentially big enough??

HERE are a few guys

In SANFL LEEK ALEER who is 20 196cm 85kg is a CHB at Central Dristricts Cal twomey rates him and had him in the mature age best team outside AFL.

WAAFL BLAKE schlensog 21 199cm 99kg is a CHB plays for South Fremantle Chris Doerre ESPN says he is the premier key position play and best out side AFL.He was on Geelong list as a category B rookie but got delisted end of 2020.
A few teams looking at him not sure if we are be silly not to.

Delisted from Hawks this year Michael Hartley 28 199cm 100kg 49 games I suspect he doesn’t fit into age demographic at Hawks they have a few KPP. Goddard is a big rap for him said he did a great job on lynch,Hawkins his stats impressive better the a few of our guys.
Disposals Kicks. H/B. Tackles. Spoils. Intercept marks.
Elite. Elite. Elite. Above average. Average. Below average
Could be worth a try until a young guy comes up and would be cheap.
Don’t know if we are looking at any of these guys just something to think about.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Battle is too small
Basically the same size as highmore and Wilkie who are also too small for the big guys

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Dodged another bullet.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 1:39pm Dodged another bullet.
I heard on SEN that his manager stated he was undergoing another operation adn that he had no intention of leaving SA and would be playing local footy next year.
Most probably this was widely known amongst List Managers and explains why little/no interest was shown in him.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 1:46pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 1:39pm Dodged another bullet.
I heard on SEN that his manager stated he was undergoing another operation adn that he had no intention of leaving SA and would be playing local footy next year.
Most probably this was widely known amongst List Managers and explains why little/no interest was shown in him.
Yes, there would be a lot more knowledge in AFL circles about players than there is on fan forums, unfortunately. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yep, what a no-brainer...

:shock:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

If he was fit he was…a no brainer… still maybe?

We took on an injured 29yo M.Gardiner in 2006
He played 3 games in his first two years

Then a handy 50 thereafter

But agree, we need a FB now… so hopefully there is something they have in mind

Imagine coming up against Geelong
Hawkins 197 and 108
Cameron 197 and 96

With no Howard
And a backline that has
Wilkie 191 and 92
Highmore 192 and 90
Battle 192 and 93

As key defenders

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 4:07pm If he was fit he was…a no brainer… still maybe?

We took on an injured 29yo M.Gardiner in 2006
He played 3 games in his first two years

Then a handy 50 thereafter

But agree, we need a FB now… so hopefully there is something they have in mind

Imagine coming up against Geelong
Hawkins 197 and 108
Cameron 197 and 96

With no Howard
And a backline that has
Wilkie 191 and 92
Highmore 192 and 90
Battle 192 and 93

As key defenders

Agree and the getting him if he was available to play in 2022 was a no brainer for our list.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Got to move quickly now on Blake Schlensog as a delisted free agent. Geelong are also readying to go back in for him: https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sp ... 1c3f7f5188

Sam Skinner should be available in the national draft (40-60) if we miss out on Schlensog. Fingers crossed we get Schlensog but Skinner would also be first 22 next season.

Get moving Saints. Key defenders are essential for us next season.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

happy feet
Club Player

diddley wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 12:13pm FORMER Adelaide defender Daniel Talia will sit out the 2022 season after suffering another injury setback with his troublesome foot, his manager has revealed.

Talia, 30, was delisted at the end of the season after failing to play a game this season.

Richmond showed interest in recruiting the former club champion before ultimately opting to sign Robbie Tarrant from North Melbourne, but Talia's manager Liam Pickering said his client never really entertained the idea of leaving South Australia.

"His family, they want to stay in Adelaide. He's got two young kids under two, his wife's an Adelaide girl," Pickering told SEN radio.

"He did have a chat with Richmond and I think the Tigers felt the same thing. They felt it was going to be hard to get him over anyway.

"They also had concerns about his foot which they've got every right to have when we spoke to them straight after the season."

Pickering said the tendon problem, which had bothered the two-time Therabody AFL All-Australian all year, was still an issue and would require another operation.

"It's still not much good. He's going to have to go back and have some surgery. Talia won't be playing next year.

"The foot has kept him out for a year and he's been rehabbing it and trying to get it right, but it's just not coming good … he's had another setback with it.

"He'll have to speak to his surgeon and see where it's at. It's just not getting any better."

As a delisted free agent, Talia will be eligible to be signed by any AFL club during the off-season signing window, should he change his mind and his fitness improves.
Thanks for this information. It might be recognised by other posters who were adamant we had to recruit Talia. But I bet they will not.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 4:56pm Got to move quickly now on Blake Schlensog as a delisted free agent. Geelong are also readying to go back in for him: https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sp ... 1c3f7f5188

Sam Skinner should be available in the national draft (40-60) if we miss out on Schlensog. Fingers crossed we get Schlensog but Skinner would also be first 22 next season.

Why would Schlensog go back to the club who has dumped him once before, that would be madness on his behalf, can't wait to see who gets him.

Can't wait to see if he's AFL standard.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Nice little snide comment Happy Feet

Isn’t that what you accuse me of?!

However, I love your obsession with me…

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 10:07pm Nice little snide comment Happy Feet

So you wanted Talia?

I thought it was very common knowledge that his foot injury was career ending .... looks like they weren't wrong

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Scoop
Club Player

evertonfc wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 4:56pm Got to move quickly now on Blake Schlensog as a delisted free agent. Geelong are also readying to go back in for him: https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sp ... 1c3f7f5188

Skinner is also available as a DFA and is who I would go after, albeit he has done 3 ACLs. Schlensog is not the hardest unit going around!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote: Fri 15 Oct 2021 4:16am

Skinner is also available as a DFA and is who I would go after, albeit he has done 3 ACLs. Schlensog is not the hardest unit going around!
3 ACL's? Sign him up now.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 11:01pm
B.M wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 10:07pm Nice little snide comment Happy Feet

So you wanted Talia?

I thought it was very common knowledge that his foot injury was career ending .... looks like they weren't wrong
Most knew he was broken down hence not wanting to sign him, for others it was a no brainer...

St Kilda needs to get out of the business of padding cooked players' retirement funds.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

When was it published that his foot injury was going to sideline him for next season and he wanted to stay in Adelaide?

Three weeks ago he was in dialogue with Richmond about a possible move to the Tigers.

If fit, Talia was a perfect fit at StK allowing Dougal to play ‘CHB’ and be a bit more aggressive with his positioning whilst Talia locked down. Dougal cant (or shouldn’t) do that if playing deep on the #1 key forward.

When it was actually reported (by Talia’s manager) that his foot was going to sideline him for 2022. It was obvious he was not worth picking up.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Dud

Didn’t work with Hannebery

But what was your take on the recruiting of Michael Gardner?

Every recruit is different and should be judged on their own merit

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Any no brainer comments on getting talia was associated with his earlier comments that the foot was fine and he was ready to go
Of course a medical would have been done

To quote I told you so based on medical info now is ridiculous

Other than 1 or 2 no one has addressed the issue of Howard relief
Irrespective of him being injured we are unbalanced down back and it will hurt us again in 2022

A Nathan brown type recruit is desperately needed

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

It wouldn't surprise me to see them bring in Michael Hartley, a 198 cm, 100kg GOP who could fill a need, just.