The huge ? Ben King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: The huge ? Ben King

Touk Miller

Why stop there?!

Why not Tim Taranto, why not Isaac Heeney, Andrew Brayshaw?!?!

You don’t think clubs want to retain their best players?!

Maybe someone could grab Max or Steele from us??

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Yes, it's bordering on ridiculous.

The shock for some will be who Gold Coast want in return for their top players, including Max's twin. :shock: :shock:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Wild talk coming out on radio that the Saints think they’ve got the Bing deal sorted

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Thu 30 Sep 2021 4:48pm Wild talk coming out on radio that the Saints think they’ve got the Bing deal sorted
I doubt there is a lot of truth in it. Next year if he is open to the idea we might have a better chance IMO

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Rubbish!!!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 30 Sep 2021 4:56pm Image
That’s a cracker

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 30 Sep 2021 4:48pm Wild talk coming out on radio that the Saints think they’ve got the Bing deal sorted

Yep all sorted. Bing will be at GC in 2022.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Clarko is likely to be the next Coach at the GC which could ensure Bing will sign a new deal with the GC next year to keep him at the club well beyond 2022.

We all know there is a lot of massively wild reporting at this time of year however if any of the reports are true that our clubs strategy for recruiting this year is based on an attempt to lure Bing to the club at the end of 2022 then expect this club to remain perennial Losers. It's a strategy that will make Trout look like a recruiting genius.

If we pass on options for talls this trade period based on a Bing strategy then we are doomed to fail by killing this current list build. I have never heard anything madder or more insane, I hope it's BS by third rate journalism.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

By any chance are these reports from the same shows that spend hours linking players & birds names; were dismissive of Dees last season; scoffed at the recruitment of Ben Brown; fawned sickeningly over Dustin Martin as best player forever; suggested Max had no idea. Those great minds.

Our men play what is in front of them, we will draft ok.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 8:27am By any chance are these reports from the same shows that spend hours linking players & birds names; were dismissive of Dees last season; scoffed at the recruitment of Ben Brown; fawned sickeningly over Dustin Martin as best player forever; suggested Max had no idea. Those great minds.

This time last year I thought Ben Brown was exactly what we needed, I still think another key tall should be one of our main priorities THIS trade period however if we are holding out for a player that most likely will remain at the GC then expect the embarrassing backlash that will come flooding the clubs way not to mention the likelihood of being anchored to the bottom of the ladder for a very long time.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 9:13am
Yorkeys wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 8:27am By any chance are these reports from the same shows that spend hours linking players & birds names; were dismissive of Dees last season; scoffed at the recruitment of Ben Brown; fawned sickeningly over Dustin Martin as best player forever; suggested Max had no idea. Those great minds.

This time last year I thought Ben Brown was exactly what we needed, I still think another key tall should be one of our main priorities THIS trade period however if we are holding out for a player that most likely will remain at the GC then expect the embarrassing backlash that will come flooding the clubs way not to mention the likelihood of being anchored to the bottom of the ladder for a very long time.
I believe thats what our recruiters thought Matt Allison would develop into, but he is a long way off consolidating his position (back pocket) in the VFL. He is still a skinny kid but from what I have seen, physical contact is not a natural part of his game.

So we will still have to use our 2nd ruckman as the other key forward - depending on what Ben King does of course. Membrey & Sharman can then become very dangerous taking the 3rd & 4th best defenders.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... ed04cc49de

Ben King’s manager has urged rival clubs to back off the third-year forward and let him play after continued speculation about an imminent return to Victoria.

King has been linked to a range of trade scenarios with Melbourne clubs in coming weeks, with St Kilda CEO Matt Finnis cheekily saying he would “look good” in a Saints jumper mid-year.

Former Port Adelaide player Kane Cornes said Victorian clubs should be “chips in” on King with Essendon the perfect fit, as Matthew Lloyd said he could take Essendon to the “promised land”.

The young Gold Coast spearhead will have a decision to make on his future if the Suns again underperform next year given he will fall out of contract after a two-year extension signed last year.

But his manager Robbie D’Orazio told the Herald Sun he hoped King would be given a chance to thrive without distracting speculation about his loyalty.

“He has been continuously linked to rivals and it’s disrespectful that it has been spoken about when all he’s trying to do is win at Gold Coast,” he told the Herald Sun.

“He is a 21-year-old trying to learn his craft and he’s had to put up with all the speculation for the past three years, literally since draft night.

“I think it’s disrespectful to the Suns as well and I know for a fact Ben doesn’t like or want the attention.

“The last conversation I had with him when we caught up was how excited he was about the list and group and how he had full faith in the coaching department and club.”

“We only did his contract last year and he kicked 47 goals in a bottom four team.

“Gold Coast are doing everything right and getting Mabior Chol helps him and they have been nothing but fantastic for Ben.”

The tight-knit young Suns are determined to build something together after so many underperforming seasons at Gold Coast.

King, Izak Rankine and Jack Lukosius all re-signed after only a single season at the club in deals that will expire at the end of the season.

The Suns will put a contract offer to King again over summer and he remains a chance to commit to the club again before Round 1 for several seasons.

While there is a chance he might at some stage return to play in Melbourne, his loyalty or commitment to the Suns can scarcely be questioned given his on-field contributions.

Ben King booted 47 goals in 2021.

The Herald Sun revealed this year in its annual rich list King was being paid $650,000 per season in his two-year deal, with the AFL also paying him a promotional allowance.

The AFL has scoffed at speculation it would help fund a $2 million-per-year deal for Alastair Clarkson on the Gold Coast for 2023 if Dew was sacked next year.

But Dew will go into his fifth year under intense pressure, aware he must show considerable improvement after seasons of four, three, five and seven wins to guarantee his job next season.

Former Richmond captain Wayne Campbell has become the club’s new football boss, with Touk Miller on the verge of signing a new long-term deal after a brilliant All Australian season.

Saints58
Club Player

Interesting how Saints get smash for a off hand comment by Matt finnis but Essendon Lloyd, and Cornes we hear nothing from GS who were so aggrieved buy us and the media load of shite!
I here Jack Lukosius was seen talking to Port over the last few weeks again nothing said about it.
Maybe we should hit back at the detractors using the media. Personally I get fed up with all this negativity about the Saints, I have more faith in the club and the recruiters then I have for a long time lets get behind the club coaches and players. Go SAINTS!!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

In fact

When Gags was asked about King the other day, he said that wasn’t even on the clubs radar.

happy feet
Club Player

The way the media fawn over Essendon is just vomit worthy. Serial salary cap cheats who should have had a Premiership stripped off them to the drug cheating which the media try to whitewash as a supplements scandal. If Ben King ends up at Essendon I will spew.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 7:07pm The way the media fawn over Essendon is just vomit worthy. Serial salary cap cheats who should have had a Premiership stripped off them to the drug cheating which the media try to whitewash as a supplements scandal. If Ben King ends up at Essendon I will spew.
Should have had their licence terminated in my opinion. Once ar cheat always a cheat.

kalsaint
Club Player

B.M wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 11:41am I don’t think we will make a play for King this season

Next season we might have a crack?!
+1 Too expensive this trade period but next year is a possibility as long as he wants to come. Looks like Matthew Lloyd is pumping up Essendon's interest in Bing this year but they have many in their line of interest so who knows what options are?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 7:43pm
happy feet wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 7:07pm The way the media fawn over Essendon is just vomit worthy. Serial salary cap cheats who should have had a Premiership stripped off them to the drug cheating which the media try to whitewash as a supplements scandal. If Ben King ends up at Essendon I will spew.
Should have had their licence terminated in my opinion. Once ar cheat always a cheat.
Yes, but the AFL are weak when it comes to controlling the big clubs. The appropriate penalty from WADA should have been a 2 year ban for the whole club.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

kalsaint wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 8:35pm
B.M wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 11:41am I don’t think we will make a play for King this season

+1 Too expensive this trade period but next year is a possibility as long as he wants to come. Looks like Matthew Lloyd is pumping up Essendon's interest in Bing this year but they have many in their line of interest so who knows what options are?
Yeah pumping up Essendon's interest & just by coincidence had an article on the AFL site telling the the Saints not to go after King hypocrisy at it's finest but what would you expect from that f---ing troll

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 7:43pm
Don't know about terminating their licence, but agree their penalty should have been harsher. Don't know what was worse, the actual cheating or the way they defended it and got all indignant about being caught.

Saints58
Club Player

I bet you will find that a lot of the media are either ex Essendon or are supports of the club.
What they did was the worst think possible they should have been deregister as a club it would not happen again if the AFL did that.
We could have put in a Tassie side to replace them.
And they still got the 1 pick the next season it wasn't even taken off them.

happy feet
Club Player

Saints58 wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 9:38pm
I bet you will find that a lot of the media are either ex Essendon or are supports of the club.
What they did was the worst think possible they should have been deregister as a club it would not happen again if the AFL did that.
We could have put in a Tassie side to replace them.
And they still got the 1 pick the next season it wasn't even taken off them.
Yes getting the number 1 draft pick was just a reward for cheating.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 9:07pm
kalsaint wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021 8:35pm

Yeah pumping up Essendon's interest & just by coincidence had an article on the AFL site telling the the Saints not to go after King hypocrisy at it's finest but what would you expect from that f---ing troll
Loyd is a complete knob
Just out there promoting Essendon interests
He shouldn’t do media at all as he’s clearly got issues
Re King - entirely up to Ben
I suspect Saints know where his heads at but if he comes out and says “I want to play with my brother “ then it will happen and the club and his manager will get it done
Any muppet suggesting we shouldn’t do that deal if Ben nominated us are serious morons - ofcourse you do he’s a generational talent who alongside his bros makes our forward best in AFL
IF we can snag another first round pick this year (yep a player may have to go) then hit the draft for 2 x first round mids plus get lucky with NGA kids (both mids in Windy and Owens) then we are looking good
I would like a “cheap “ better ruck alternative to Hunter while Max H develops plus I’d be looking at and discarded taller KPD (Hartlett?) then lookout

“Yeah….nah””