Max King Done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Max King Done

The coach says big Max has a torn right abductor. That means he is done for 2021.

It's a shame just when he was really showing something.

Needs to get healthy have a big pre season and a huge 2022.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Max King Done

Out of interest, what’s the lay off for that ?

SaintJohno
Club Player

Would be nice to have Ben as a back up.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Has there been an update since this?

“ St Kilda forward Max King is only a “50-50” chance to play in next weekend’s season-defining clash with Geelong as the Saints chase an unlikely finals appearance.

The Saints kept their faint finals hopes alive with a stirring 29-point win over the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

Although, it came at a cost with King coming off and then returning to the field with a right adductor injury.

Coach Brett Ratten said post-game the young forward – who kicked two goals against the Swans -was no certainty to back up against the Cats.”

50/50 to play next week is a lot different to out for 7 weeks.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Would have been nice to see him play two more games, but it’s mostly irrelevant now, get him right for preseason.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 6:06pm Would be nice to have Ben as a back up.
Is that the Gold Coast player who got towelled up by Weitering.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SaintJohno
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 7:11pm
SaintJohno wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 6:06pm Would be nice to have Ben as a back up.
Is that the Gold Coast player who got towelled up by Weitering.
haha yes mate, we all have bad days. Saints development, being so good, will get that out of him.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Gee we just can't take a trick with injuries. Bad luck for Maxy as he was starting to get some continuity and confidence.

I liked how he gave Rampe some push back physically, shows confidence.

Here's hoping we can find another tall forward to give him a chopout next year.

St Plugger
Club Player

Think we've found one in Sharman!

damienc
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 6:04pm Out of interest, what’s the lay off for that ?
Depending on the severity of the tear 2-3:weeks for a minor. 10-14 weeks for a severe injury. I'm guessing g he is the former.

damienc
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 6:10pm Has there been an update since this?

“ St Kilda forward Max King is only a “50-50” chance to play in next weekend’s season-defining clash with Geelong as the Saints chase an unlikely finals appearance.

The Saints kept their faint finals hopes alive with a stirring 29-point win over the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

Although, it came at a cost with King coming off and then returning to the field with a right adductor injury.

Coach Brett Ratten said post-game the young forward – who kicked two goals against the Swans -was no certainty to back up against the Cats.”

I don't think we will be playing finals footy. I can't see us besting the Cats at the cattery. And backing that up by overcoming the Dockers. This team is all over the shop and can't seem to play a consistent brand of footy. So our season will be over in 2.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Rest him

I’m hoping to finish 13th

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

McKernan was a handy fill in for Daniher at essendon

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

damienc wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 8:48pm

I don't think we will be playing finals footy. I can't see us besting the Cats at the cattery. And backing that up by overcoming the Dockers. This team is all over the shop and can't seem to play a consistent brand of footy. So our season will be over in 2.
Even if we beat the Cats (which would be nigh on impossible), and GWS draws with Tigers, we're still out of the 8.

It's not 'faint hope', it's bloody pie-in-the-sky 'tell him he's dreamin' from The Castle

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Rest him regardless he has a long career ahead, let him go to the break a few weeks earlier.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:00pm

Even if we beat the Cats (which would be nigh on impossible), and GWS draws with Tigers, we're still out of the 8.

It's not 'faint hope', it's bloody pie-in-the-sky 'tell him he's dreamin' from The Castle
We are not ready to play finals ATM IMO & I don't like teams tanking but I can also see why they do as there is no incentive to finish 9th or 10th. I think we have little to gain for risking players who are injured when the reward for finishing lower on the ladder is to your advantage . I don't make the rules but if the rules allow you to get an advantage going into next year why would you not exploit them .

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:23pm

We are not ready to play finals ATM IMO & I don't like teams tanking but I can also see why they do as there is no incentive to finish 9th or 10th. I think we have little to gain for risking players who are injured when the reward for finishing lower on the ladder is to your advantage . I don't make the rules but if the rules allow you to get an advantage going into next year why would you not exploit them .
We know what happens to teams who continually finish 9th.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:25pm
bangaulegend wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:23pm

We know what happens to teams who continually finish 9th.
They win 3 flags in 4 years I believe!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Play our best team and try to win even though it’s a pie-in-the-sky chance. Agreed, we aren’t going to make it, but good showings would give us something to look forward to over summer with hopefully a better injury run next season.

As for Max, put him on ice unless he says he’s good to go. He’s got many years of good football ahead of him and has shown a hell of a lot since the bye. He’s coming along really well.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I think King tore it when he kicked that around the corner goal (a la Gresham type kick).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

a lot of teams, and not just footy either, will send players to surgery before end of season, in order to get rehab done asap.
Then they can be ready for pre-season asap and get their bodies right.

Loewe had surgery on a torn adductor late in one season, IIRC, so its not tanking, its all about not making it worse.
Would a race car keep driving on a flat tyre and just keep doing laps?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Tank it up get picks
Play kids
I’d tell Paddy to have a good spell also
Get em healthy into off season
We need a big pre-season

“Yeah….nah””
Banger9798
SS Life Member

So who comes in for King?
Battle or Wood available?
Clavarino to FF??

We really have no talls left

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Mon 09 Aug 2021 1:00am So who comes in for King?
Jack Lonie

............................................................................................

Settle...I was joking alright!!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully Ryder in.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"