Does Kingy Even Like Playing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Does Kingy Even Like Playing

Just has absolutely no intensity about him at all.

Walks or slow jogs most of the time and rarely runs to vacant spots or offer leads. I thought he was meant to be some surpream athlete.

You often see him just walking towards goal after the opposition win the ball in our F50 with his back to the play and not bothering to keep his eye on the play. Isn't that refusing to practice Awareness?

How is he getting a game.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Does Kingy Even Like Playing

IMO he looks stressed the weight of expectation is really affecting him . Our game plan doesn't help him & our forward line just doesn't seem to have any functionality . I feel for the kid

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

He looks like he wants to be anywhere other than on a footy field.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:03pm He looks like he wants to be anywhere other than on a footy field.
Yep for the reasons I have just posted

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:05pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:03pm He looks like he wants to be anywhere other than on a footy field.
Yep for the reasons I have just posted
You seem convinced

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Yeah....wish he didn’t get that contract, so fast.. Too late now, water under the bridge? Nup...Reckon the dial hot cranked up. Still leaning back as he kicks it. Terrible posture....poor bastard...what can he do? Sandringham? What about an ‘injury’ injury. I’m sure they are trying just about everything.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

He needs a haircut and a part time job.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Gold Coast has the best King brother at the moment, by a mile, just kicked his 3rd goal, Ben puts in.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SaintJohno
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:18pm Gold Coast has the best King brother at the moment, by a mile, just kicked his 3rd goal, Ben puts in.
He's actually running into space on a lead. Who would've thought of that. Mind blowing.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:24pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:18pm Gold Coast has the best King brother at the moment, by a mile, just kicked his 3rd goal, Ben puts in.
He's actually running into space on a lead. Who would've thought of that. Mind blowing.
Maybe Ben could give Max a few pointers, the Saints coaches don't seem to be capable.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
suss
Club Player

He’s a lazy, lazy footballer. He gives no repeat efforts or hard running to win the football and zero defensive pressure when the other side has it. He’s the complete opposite of the guy who used to wear his jumper.

His goal kicking regime is the kind of thing you’d expect in a game of bush footy. He seriously took his first set shot for goal tonight off one step. That is, after being lambasted by Matthew Lloyd for doing this after the Geelong game. He hasn’t learnt a thing. Seriously this kid lacks something between the ears. How can you get 99 on your VCE score and then stand in front of someone hitting a golf ball. FMD.

It’s a shame because if he actually put in he could be anything.

End rant.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:49pm He’s a lazy, lazy footballer. He gives no repeat efforts or hard running to win the football and zero defensive pressure when the other side has it. He’s the complete opposite of the guy who used to wear his jumper.

His goal kicking regime is the kind of thing you’d expect in a game of bush footy. He seriously took his first set shot for goal tonight off one step. That is, after being lambasted by Matthew Lloyd for doing this after the Geelong game. He hasn’t learnt a thing. Seriously this kid lacks something between the ears. How can you get 99 on your VCE score and then stand in front of someone hitting a golf ball. FMD.

End rant.
He is incredibly lazy and selfish.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:49pm He’s a lazy, lazy footballer. He gives no repeat efforts or hard running to win the football and zero defensive pressure when the other side has it. He’s the complete opposite of the guy who used to wear his jumper.

End rant.
He is incredibly lazy and selfish.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Why is Ben performing so much better?

Ben leads hard, plays with aggression

Max plays like Bambi

And while I’m at it... get a fkn AFL body!!!

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:08pm Yeah....wish he didn’t get that contract, so fast.. Too late now, water under the bridge? Nup...Reckon the dial hot cranked up. Still leaning back as he kicks it. Terrible posture....poor bastard...what can he do? Sandringham? What about an ‘injury’ injury. I’m sure they are trying just about everything.
IMO has way more upside than Haneberry & Hill on less money & he is only 21

SaintDippa
Club Player

Ratts is killing him with no game plan. Gets smashed hard dozen times a match with the crap long high entries. Kid needs confidence and more time in the weight room. Every week is the same. Sit under this son.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yep, gameplan is killing him. And as a result it doesn’t look like footy is fun for him at the moment. Players play better when they’re enjoying themselves.

So it’s kind of snowballing at the moment. What are the coaches and senior players doing to help during the week??

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Tripe absolute tripe. Apparently unfit lol lazy lol doesn’t try lol
Uncompetitive lol

Two games ago he took 6 contested grabs 10 marks v Geelong. Five goal games v WC. The kid in his 2nd season can seriously play . Last two weeks haven’t been his best but he can seriously play.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

If I was Max aid ask for a trade to the Gold Coast.

BadRossco
Club Player

Doubt Goldcoast would be interested, they already have the better of the twins and I doubt if Ben will ever be a world beater

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Goose is king wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 11:32pm If I was Max aid ask for a trade to the Gold Coast.
This. If ever we wanted a clear comparison between the quality of development at our club and elsewhere we have it now. Twins, for crissake. Someone should write a paper.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 11:26pm Tripe absolute tripe. Apparently unfit lol lazy lol doesn’t try lol
Uncompetitive lol

Two games ago he took 6 contested grabs 10 marks v Geelong. Five goal games v WC. The kid in his 2nd season can seriously play . Last two weeks haven’t been his best but he can seriously play.

Not worried about King. Had a mare yesterday but will be good long term.

At the moment is too green to be our sole big forward. Will benefit from having some physical presence alongside him up forward.

I thought Battle showed a bit in that role yesterday.

ace
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 10:08pm Yeah....wish he didn’t get that contract, so fast.. Too late now, water under the bridge? Nup...Reckon the dial hot cranked up. Still leaning back as he kicks it. Terrible posture....poor bastard...what can he do? Sandringham? What about an ‘injury’ injury. I’m sure they are trying just about everything.
Players lean back, when they kick, to get the ball UP because they are kicking it to close to their body.
Nick Riewoldt and now King needed/need to hold and drop the ball a few centimetres further forward from their bodies and stop pretending that yips and fairies exist.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 30 May 2021 1:14am
CURLY wrote: Sat 29 May 2021 11:26pm Tripe absolute tripe. Apparently unfit lol lazy lol doesn’t try lol
Uncompetitive lol

Not worried about King. Had a mare yesterday but will be good long term.

At the moment is too green to be our sole big forward. Will benefit from having some physical presence alongside him up forward.

I thought Battle showed a bit in that role yesterday.
Good post. We need Marshall or Battle down there permanently for young Max to learn and thrive....BUT

I would always worry if a player is showing the body language I saw tonight. It's like we are torturing the kid. Give him a rest and let him enjoy his footy and have fun with the guys his own age at Sandringham

The Peanut
Club Player

Unbelievable comments here! I wonder if any of you people have ever heard of psychology or are you like the club psychologist and coach who obviously haven't. He is a young man with so many expectations he is finding hard to cope and with the extra weight of his twin brother excelling at another club and appears to has completely lost his confidence. He must be living in some kind of hell. He's being attacked because of the club's inadequacies to manage players psychological well being, and is subject to the media and many supporters lack of understanding making it worse. He doesn't look lazy to me, he looks really hurt and confused and is a young man who seems to have completely lost all confidence in himself and just going through the motions. Many others in the team have got what the media calls the Yips, with quite a few looking despondent as well. It wasn't all that long ago when Roo went through a pretty lengthy period of having the so-called yips, but in those days there appears to have been a club psychological support mechanism that worked much better in managing players in this area.