Tony74 commented (heading updated)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tony74 commented (heading updated)

The 7 commentators were banging on about the 78 game ad nauseam.

2009 Prelim. WIN
2010 Prelim: WIN
2020 EF: WIN

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

George27 wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 8:56am
MickThomas wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 12:03am We were sitting on a wing, close to the fence.
I remember clearly, seeing Jeff Sarau going for a boundary throw-in against Kel.
Kel was an enormous man with a huge chest and Sarau looked about 25 kg lighter.
Me and bro both said 'F look at the size of him'
The last quarter of that game was a farce. One of the umpires was doing his first game ( I think ) and he was in awe of Templeton. In that last quarter he paid him a mark or free every time he went near it. He only deserved to kick 11 or 12 ( which I am grudgingly prepared to admit was still a fair effort ! )

My only solace was that , being a George Young fan, I used to stand behind the goals at the end we were kicking to, moving at the end of each quarter, so all the carnage was up the other end. We kicked 16 goals of which George got 4, so at least we outscored Templeton !
Which is now dripping with irony as on S(h)aturday night - Aarron Naughton's 5.4 beat our sorry excuse for a 'team' score all by himself. :oops:

Go you red, black & white warriors
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Tony74 silent...

Devilhead wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 11:09pm
tony74 wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 8:40pm
MickThomas wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 6:19pm His last post was just after the WCE game, when he quoted himself saying 'they're hurting...they'll give a great effort...'
Then he said after the game 'the proof is in the pudding'.

I wonder if he'll announce that the boys are hurting (again)
Mate- We/They are shattered. But don’t ever ever think that they are not trying. Ever.
Hey Tone ... not having a go at you ..... but is there something stinking down at the club?

That's a few weeks now that some players have practically given up
No pussy footing around it. It was shameful, embarrassing, pitiful. But to answer your question to the best of my ability/ knowledge there is nothing stinking down at the club except the performance. I mean how could 2 league footballers in the first 10 minutes of a game nearly miss the ball on a set shot. Defies logic. It’s pointless me telling you the mood of the players, coaches, staff etc cos you basically won’t believe me. As I said before you’ve a Sainter for life, keep supporting them, particularly now.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 2:22pm
MickThomas wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 6:19pm His last post was just after the WCE game, when he quoted himself saying 'they're hurting...they'll give a great effort...'

Mate- We/They are shattered. But don’t ever ever think that they are not trying. Ever.
Hey Tone ... not having a go at you ..... but is there something stinking down at the club?

No pussy footing around it. It was shameful, embarrassing, pitiful. But to answer your question to the best of my ability/ knowledge there is nothing stinking down at the club except the performance. I mean how could 2 league footballers in the first 10 minutes of a game nearly miss the ball on a set shot. Defies logic. It’s pointless me telling you the mood of the players, coaches, staff etc cos you basically won’t believe me. As I said before you’ve a Sainter for life, keep supporting them, particularly now.
It's not those two shocking attempts so much or the fact we have a small forward with no idea what that thing at the bottom of his right leg is for.

Why players were not prepared to man up, wear some body contact to stop the overlapping run if they were not prepared to work as hard as their opponents is the embarrassing visualisation I'm still seeing and want answers for. Are they getting paid too much with no accountability?

It's hard to care so much for a club when players seem to care so little.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 2:22pm

Thanks Tony, appreciate your feed back and am not here to bag you.

I have been involved with elite sport (board level) and with family who have competed internationally.
My experience is that when there are performances like the Saints are displaying there are issues.
They might not be apparent to the naked eye, but something is going on.

In individual sport it is usually training and coaching based.'
If the athlete and coach have lost an element of trust in preparation or communication it is the difference between making an international team or missing out.

Sometimes the players wouldn't be able to articulate the issue, but something will be underlying IMO.
They have lost the fight when it doesn't go their way.
They are taking the count and not going down swinging, and for me for professional athletes that is unforgivable.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WESTERN BULLDOGS 3.5 10.10 15.13 21.18 (144)
ST KILDA 2.0 3.1 4.2 5.3 (33)

39 scoring shots to 8........f*** me

144 points to 33........again, f*** me

23 free kicks to 13.......f*** the maggots I say.

Those pricks took the wind out of our sails early in the piece.

Wouldn't be pay back for Ratt's comments would it? Surely not. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I'm going to hazard a guess and say bringing in a high-priced party-boy recruit to offer wisdom from the sidelines isn't good for the morale.

Nor trading big for a silky receiver who doesn't like getting bruised.

It's a very different vibe from the core of heart-and-soul players who came so close in '09-'10.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Tony when you see the players tell them that the supporters think they are soft cocks...I'm sure they'll understand.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

It’s 80% mental
They don’t believe in themselves deep down.
They are more worried about missing set shots rather than relishing the idea of kicking a goal or chasing the win.
Not an easy fix - but need to get in their heads.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
1965 Saint
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 4:20pm I'm going to hazard a guess and say bringing in a high-priced party-boy recruit to offer wisdom from the sidelines isn't good for the morale.

Nor trading big for a silky receiver who doesn't like getting bruised.

It's a very different vibe from the core of heart-and-soul players who came so close in '09-'10.
I agree totally