A likely in.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

A likely in.

From heraldsun.com.au

"FORGOTTEN SAINT COULD FINALLY BE A CHANCE

Tom Highmore wasn’t named as an emergency last round, despite defenders Daniel McKenzie (suspended), Jake Carlisle (dropped) and Ben Long (dropped) all going out of the St Kilda team.

But he couldn’t have done more in the VFL in Round 3.

The mature-age draftee won the Silk-Miller Memorial Medal as best-on-ground, despite Sandringham’s five-goal loss to Box Hill.

Highmore finished with 30 disposals, 15 intercept possessions – 11 of them marks – 10 rebound-50s and 136 KFC SuperCoach points.

He was so dominant, the Hawks sent someone to him in the second-half.

“He did what he could - defended his man when he needed to - but the pleasing thing was he then took the space and used his strength as a marker when he had to,” Zebras coach Jake Batchelor said of Highmore’s performance on the club’s website.

The VFL report, which, last week, stated the 23-year-old “fought hard” suggested Highmore “could be the ideal player to mitigate the Suns’ attack” in Round 9."

MickThomas
Club Player

Re: A likely in.

Could he step up to next level?
Also, I understand the ground was very windy.
Zebs were competitive for a while, someone said, so a 5 goal loss is (for me) disappointing)
Why couldn't they stay close?

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Forgotten!?

He’s in his first season on the list and as played a couple of games already this season.

Quality Herald Sun

Although I guess if Joyce is being selected ahead of you as a defender it could indicate that they may have forgotten who you are

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Fri 07 May 2021 12:29pm Could he step up to next level?
Also, I understand the ground was very windy.
Zebs were competitive for a while, someone said, so a 5 goal loss is (for me) disappointing)
Why couldn't they stay close?
Box Hill kicked with a massive wind for two quarters it basically died in the last for Sandy.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Crossy66
Club Player

I think Highmore is risky as he is unknown at AFL level. Then again Joyce IS known and he is not AFL level.
I would take the risk because Joyce can't defend in the air and we need someone for Corbett.

bergsone
SS Life Member

When do the teams get announced