Thanks Ryder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Thanks Ryder

Think what this poor excuse for a thread and those that support it are forgetting is what the players had to give up in 2020
As far as I'm concerned they all have plenty of credit in the bank

Seeya
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Why is no one having a go at Paton for missing the season?

Or Gresh?

I think a few need to get their old heads around the fact that there’s no difference between being physically unfit or mentally unfit to play Football (or do anything else in life)

Why didn’t Marshall do his foot injury over the off season? Very selfish of him to do it so late and miss games 👎

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:08pm Why is no one having a go at Paton for missing the season?

Or Gresh?

I think a few need to get their old heads around the fact that there’s no difference between being physically unfit or mentally unfit to play Football (or do anything else in life)

Why didn’t Marshall do his foot injury over the off season? Very selfish of him to do it so late and miss games 👎
Why are we presuming that Ryder was suffering from mental health issues?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:44pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:08pm Why is no one having a go at Paton for missing the season?

Or Gresh?

Pretty sure he wasn’t in the correct mental headspace to play football, hence his time away...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Barometer
Club Player

Moods wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:44pm

Or Gresh?

Could also ask why people aren’t considering if he has a mental health issue? If someone is not travelling well any extra pressure can become crippling. I’m hoping this time off has him set for the rest of the season and beyond. We don’t know where Paddy is at but I’ve seen people not take time when needed and breakdown and in some cases worse... As a club we clearly aren’t doing everything right at the moment but providing player welfare like this is something I 100% support.
Some weird chest beating in this thread.

flack
Club Player

Ryder was allowed time off to get himself better, we all understand that. It's been reported that while he was away he kept himself fit by running 12km a day which we all appreciate. Next Ratts is telling us that he's back in Melbourne with a smile on his face - does this indicate that his time off helped to resolve his issues. I want Ratts to explain the reasoning behind why he has the extended time not in the team, perhaps with Ryder back on the paddock will help his mate Brad to improve his game. The way Ratts is talking it will be at least round 6 before he kicks a ball. That's a quarter of the season and yet no one saw the headspace Paddy was in until the start of the season, perhaps if he had been given the opportunity to catchup with relatives over Christmas this situation could have been avoided.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I'm an aboriginal man. I haven't hidden this fact nor shouted it from the tree tops. I feel some injustice and have had racism directed at me.
I also have had great opportunities others did not because I was an aboriginal ( full scholarship to grammar school, stay with very wealthy and caring family in Melbourne and was taught & played footy, then I got a grant and went to uni for free).

My family lives in remote NSW

I am sick and tired of Aboriginals being represented as some mental piss weak humans who can't survive without our mob. As if we lose our s*** because of culture and if we don't hang out with family we become puss.
You do know white people, europeans, africans, indians...actually the whole f@cking planet can live just fine without seeing their families....but us poor aboriginals go 5 minutes and we get the shakes.

Here's a scoop....Ryder has been suffering major depression - he was diagnosed 8 years ago. He takes a shipload of meds and St Kilda were 100% aware of this. He's not less of a human and I DO feel for him.

But goddammit stop it bros....stop acting like we are some special breed that goes soft if we stray from the mob, I'm fed up.

That said
I miss Paddy, I hope him well.

But he gives 2 shitz because he's hurting, we should let him go home and pay him out. He needs help and it ain't footy. Get well Paddy.

And how about getting real with these white fellas?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 10:24pm I'm an aboriginal man. I haven't hidden this fact nor shouted it from the tree tops. I feel some injustice and have had racism directed at me.
I also have had great opportunities others did not because I was an aboriginal ( full scholarship to grammar school, stay with very wealthy and caring family in Melbourne and was taught & played footy, then I got a grant and went to uni for free).

I am sick and tired of Aboriginals being represented as some mental piss weak humans who can't survive without our mob. As if we lose our s*** because of culture and if we don't hang out with family we become puss.
You do know white people, europeans, africans, indians...actually the whole f@cking planet can live just fine without seeing their families....but us poor aboriginals go 5 minutes and we get the shakes.

Here's a scoop....Ryder has been suffering major depression - he was diagnosed 8 years ago. He takes a shipload of meds and St Kilda were 100% aware of this. He's not less of a human and I DO feel for him.

But goddammit stop it bros....stop acting like we are some special breed that goes soft if we stray from the mob, I'm fed up.

That said

But he gives 2 shitz because he's hurting, we should let him go home and pay him out. He needs help and it ain't footy. Get well Paddy.

Thanks for posting.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 10:24pm I'm an aboriginal man. I haven't hidden this fact nor shouted it from the tree tops. I feel some injustice and have had racism directed at me.

That said

I never knew that about Paddy - thanks for the post.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Thanks Saint Lee. Some interesting insights in there.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

So if the Club can help get Paddy through his current depression that will be a big something out of the season. Hope players Geary and Paton also rehabilitate well so no long lasting impairment, although all three things are a big ask. Good luck and all the best you men.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Frankly, it's got f*** all to do with any of us here. He and his employers came to an agreement, end of story.
If I was upset because I felt like Paddy owed me something because I I bought a membership or frequented a footy fan forum, I'd probably take a months break myself.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I saw Paddy at the WCE game. It seems like he is as keen as mustard to get back out there. Just needs to get some match fitness first.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
leighsaintsince66
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021 8:57pm Think what this poor excuse for a thread and those that support it are forgetting is what the players had to give up in 2020
As far as I'm concerned they all have plenty of credit in the bank
I wish Paddy and any players with mental health concerns all the best.

I also feel feel incredibly sorry for many of our supporters and members, especially last year.

Many have provided thousands of dollars and hours to the cause decade after decade, including money last year when our jobs were on the line.

In 2020 we could only imagine life as an AFL player on the Gold Coast, as compared to lockdown in Melbourne.

While we give credit for the efforts of our club last year, most of us didn't even attend one match.

IMO the attitudes and performances of many of our players this year cannot be justified.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

leighsaintsince66 wrote: Sat 17 Apr 2021 11:20pm
IMO the attitudes and performances of many of our players this year cannot be justified.
ok the performance of players and results in 2021 does not equate to Ryders;' situation
2020? at lest you got reacquainted with your family for 2 months- they for the most part of a year could not
Level of support for "nothing" - since moving back home from Melb in '97, extremely rarely get to see them live anymore - my level of financial support has not changed. My choice for both
Dont think what we sacrifice as supporters somehow equates to AFL level footballers

Seeya
St Lenny
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:37pm So who forced Carlisle out of the backline in rd1 and 2
He wasn't in the team

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote: Wed 21 Apr 2021 7:46pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:37pm So who forced Carlisle out of the backline in rd1 and 2
He wasn't in the team
Neither was Ryder.

That’s kind of the point isn’t it.