Pre-season Praccy match vs WCE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Pre-season Praccy match vs WCE

Western Saints have told us WA members that
the Feb 19 game in Perth is currently up in the air.

WA is closing borders or something, we will have mandatory sign-in for supermarkets, etc, which we never had before.
Pubs etc did have sign in, it's now expanded.

Each place has QR at entrance.

Was lookin fwd to seeing them live, for the first time in 18 mths

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pre-season Praccy match vs WCE

That's bad luck Wellard. Me, i'm not going to the footy at all in the Covid era, people can't be trusted to do the right thing so i'm staying away, unfortunately.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Oh I found out that teams won't travel interstate for preseason.
They'll play a team from same state. Hmmphh

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
To the top
SS Life Member

For as long as the WHO retains the Pandemic warning level the human race is compromised

I would be relying on the advice of the State Governments - noting the WA Premier has made announcements today in regard Queensland and Victoria (and where both Queensland and Victoria had their community transmission free days interrupted, from Mandatory Quarantine in Queensland and by the NSW introduced Black Rock cluster in Victoria)

So the restrictions on Queensland and Victoria ease subject to no community transmissions

The NSW restrictions remain

Numbers dictate but I would assess that the longer the number of days with no community transmissions the more confidence we can have

In ourselves and in others

Absent the Black Rock cluster, Victoria would be approaching 100 days

Given the National figure is 12 days there must be a State or Territory at 12, so a laggard

With travellers returning with the virus risk remains because despite every endeavour human beings are human beings and mistakes happen

So confident in your fellow human beings but not over confident

If St Kilda play in WA, the citizens of WA and Victoria have earned the reward

The numbers will dictate - that is the World we live in

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Pre Season fixture has been revised..
FULL PRE-SEASON FIXTURE
The AFL has announced the fixture for the revised pre-season competition, which will be kicked off by Carlton and St Kilda.
Now just one round of games, the shortened AAMI Community Series aims to reduce the amount of travel prior to the home-and-away season.

Note: All times are AEDT

Thursday March 4
Carlton v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium (7:10pm)
Friday March 5
Collingwood v Richmond, Marvel Stadium (7:10pm)
Saturday March 6
Hawthorn v North Melbourne, University of Tasmania Stadium (1:10pm)
Fremantle v Adelaide Crows, Fremantle Oval (4:10pm)
Geelong Cats v Essendon, GMHBA Stadium (7:10pm)
Sunday March 7
Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns, GIANTS Stadium (1:10pm)
GWS Giants v Brisbane Lions, Manuka Oval (4:10pm)
West Coast Eagles v Port Adelaide, Leederville Oval (7:10pm)
Monday March 8
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (3:10pm)

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

So the Moorabbin game is off? That sucks.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Free to air or Kayo?

Anyone got a link?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

better hub in sa, qld, and nsw again. the rest seem to shut up shop quicker than an american grocer in a blm rally.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
To the top
SS Life Member

The Nations (and the States) which are recognised as those which have best managed during this health crisis are those which have acknowledged this health crisis is serious and have and continue to respond accordingly

The economic response, protecting impacted households, is an entirely different subject and is the responsibility of a different level of government (so Federal)

Where the health responsibility is the focus of both levels of government is the quarantine of inbound passengers and where the article of Jacqueline Maley in The Sunday Age today is the fact

“The failures in the system have come through quarantine, which is a Commonwealth responsibility, but the federal government has managed to evade that responsibility nicely”

Then, in conclusion:-

“Perhaps the biggest challenge both major federal parties will face at the next election will be convincing voters we need them at all”

And before that:-

“Labor can’t rally vague calls to nationalism the way Morrison can”

There are still some out there you nod your head in agreement with - but they are unfortunately few and far between in Australian media

<1 week ban for Political posts in footy forum>

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 31 Jan 2021 5:41pm Free to air or Kayo?

Anyone got a link?
No pre season games on free to air.

Foxtel and Kayo show them all.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Kosi are you serious, a one werk ban, I distinctly remember you ruining this forum with your over zealous moderating years ago and then you gave moderation away after there was serious push back against you. Now it seems you are moderating again with a heavy handed agenda.

It's the off season dude, if conversation occasionally wanders outside of Saints stuff what does it matter.

Please don't wreck SS again Kosi.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

A week for that seems very excessive given that it was more or less on topic from a good contributor to the forum

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 31 Jan 2021 9:53pm
<1 week ban for Political posts in footy forum>
You either need to reverse the ban on To The Top or you need to be consistent and ban everyone who makes political comments

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101851&p=1887566#p1887566

And the bans should be made no matter the length of post...in other words, some people make short political statements in a ‘slogan’ like manner, while others - like the specific post where you banned To The Top - provide commentary with several paragraphs and background information.

Btw...I think you mistook his posts as being political. I don’t think that TTT’s post was noticeably political.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Kosi's recent moderation is clearly missing the mark and the banning of TTT for one week has to be reversed and I think an apology would be appropriate.

As Skeptic points out, TTT is a good contributor.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 01 Feb 2021 10:49am Kosi are you serious, a one werk ban, I distinctly remember you ruining this forum with your over zealous moderating years ago and then you gave moderation away after there was serious push back against you. Now it seems you are moderating again with a heavy handed agenda.

It's the off season dude, if conversation occasionally wanders outside of Saints stuff what does it matter.

Honestly I can't remember wrecking the forum. I wish someone had told me at the time, I could have perhaps moderated my behaviour.

As for the posts by To The Top, they were totally off topic and other than a passing mention, had nothing to do with football. He has been warned and banned before for similar transgressions in the past and also been banned for other transgressions.

This is a forum about the Saints. There is a general forum where people can post about politics and other things. There is also a forum for talking about other teams and sports in general. We occasionally leave sports and opposition threads in the footy forum as long as the discussion is respectful but I don't want to get to the stage where every second thread is about something other than the Saints.

If you're not happy with my work, take it up with backfromusa. I'll happily stand down if he recommends it.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 02 Feb 2021 5:10pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 01 Feb 2021 10:49am Kosi are you serious, a one werk ban, I distinctly remember you ruining this forum with your over zealous moderating years ago and then you gave moderation away after there was serious push back against you. Now it seems you are moderating again with a heavy handed agenda.

Honestly I can't remember wrecking the forum. I wish someone had told me at the time, I could have perhaps moderated my behaviour.

As for the posts by To The Top, they were totally off topic and other than a passing mention, had nothing to do with football. He has been warned and banned before for similar transgressions in the past and also been banned for other transgressions.

This is a forum about the Saints. There is a general forum where people can post about politics and other things. There is also a forum for talking about other teams and sports in general. We occasionally leave sports and opposition threads in the footy forum as long as the discussion is respectful but I don't want to get to the stage where every second thread is about something other than the Saints.

If you're not happy with my work, take it up with backfromusa. I'll happily stand down if he recommends it.
If this is a Saints only forum then how do you explain the threads on Collingwood and Cricket that are in the forum about the Saints.

Here we go again.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe the practice match at Moorabbin has been cancelled.
That's really rank!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It's concerning that a week long ban is handed out to a forumite that wasn't involved it a $#!t fight, didn't abuse anyone, hasn't been particularly disruptive to this forum which is going through a bit of an off-season slumber atm

Am struggling to see how those posts warrant such a response - would hate to lose a forumite like TTT over this.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Tue 02 Feb 2021 10:32pm It's concerning that a week long ban is handed out to a forumite that wasn't involved it a $#!t fight, didn't abuse anyone, hasn't been particularly disruptive to this forum which is going through a bit of an off-season slumber atm

Am struggling to see how those posts warrant such a response - would hate to lose a forumite like TTT over this.
I couldn't agree more Skeptic. TTT frequently adds an alternative and unique point of difference to many conversations and as you say he wasn't abusive or involved in any sort of protracted dispute and by no means was he being disruptive.

Just baffled by some of Kosi's recent moderating and he is clearly over reaching with inappropriate, inconsistent and excessive adjudication.

As I say I hope he doesn't ruin this forum again.

But if he's true to past form he will do a Donald.
Last edited by Vortex on Wed 03 Feb 2021 9:57am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

You are doing a good job AFAIC.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 02 Feb 2021 10:08pm

If this is a Saints only forum then how do you explain the threads on Collingwood and Cricket that are in the forum about the Saints.

Here we go again.
I'm not sure if you didn't read my response or you're trying to be funny.
I'm moving the Collingwood thread now as it is wandering off topic.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021 10:00pm

Here we go again.
Whatever Donald.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021 7:33am
kosifantutti wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021 10:00pm

Here we go again.
Whatever Donald.
Look out kossi, you might be facing the ‘pub test’ if you are not careful :roll:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
To the top
SS Life Member

I note that "contributions" such as "better hub in sa qld and nsw again the rest seem to shut up shop quicker than an american grocer in a blm rally" and "is light duties football speak for working from home due to a non existent threat of covid19" escape "punishment" on this Forum.

And there is a consistent thread of such opinion on this Forum, never called out.

But, if you call out these "contributors", well, you see the response.

Even if you defer to reference to an article by a well respected journalist, in the employ of 9 Entertainment where the Chair is Costello and where the donations to the Liberal Party are now (finally) public knowledge.

So I will make my own allegations

The individual who unilaterally imposed such "penalty" is of the demographic occupying the streets of Europe, the USA and elsewhere, correctly called out in Europe and the USA as Right Wing, anti, Neo Nazi supporters congregating under the cover of "free speech" (except if you call them to question and when they resort to censorship and intimidation), "nationalism", racism, flags and religion.

They are terrorists - they have glass jaws and they are a threat to democracy.

BLM has currency, including in Australia. It is core to racism and inequality.

I periodically visit this Forum for amusement, to compare perception to actual.

The actual is that I attended one St Kilda game in 2020, a practice match I was invited to attend by who the invitation came from.

The impression I came away with was the sheer number of people on lap tops, the immediate post game review, a review which continues post game day.

And the review of consequence, so not the immediate action but the actions 3 to 4 to more actions ahead.

This process led by the Coach.

It is no longer the days of Allan Killigrew

In regards the AGM and the comments of the President, and in regard the increase in debt, the telling comment was "it makes no sense spending less money and being poor on-field"

You invest into the infrastructure which is the foundations for the future (including human capacity)

By example, I put that if a retailer is beset by falling revenues and responds by reducing inventory (providing short term liquidity), reducing points of representation and reducing human resource that business is poorly managed and is on the pathway of no recovery.

Accordingly I endorse the leadership of St Kilda FC - and I look forward to the business model delivering success including by association (because people wish to associate with success, so partnerships of mutual benefit).

A consequence of this response will no doubt be a life time ban by the Right Wing recalcitrant who administers this Forum, because this demographic protect their glass jaw by selective censorship.

But in leaving, I do wish to respond to another serial poster.

Ian Chappell is revered by every player who ever played under his Captaincy, from Glenelg to South Australia to Australia.

Ian's support for all who played under his Captaincy is what it is.

Including "TJ"

"TJ" had an illness, being the "punt" and that illness led to certain actions including that post his first appointment as a Player/Coach for the summer on 1980/81 (and Coaching appointments were used to attract a class player) those actions saw him back before the Courts under tragic circumstances with a Suspended Sentence invoked.

The first to visit "TJ" in jail was Ian

Ian was central to "TJ" re-establishing his life.

And a serial poster on here lampoons Ian Chappell, obviously not knowing the man.

Think Rick Drewer.

Think Donald Bradman (who I knew growing up in Adelaide).

"Son, we can not afford to pay the players more"

Don was never questioned.

And then along came Ian.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Interesting