Time Trial

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Time Trial

not sure about your voice JB
but maybe curls is a lone sole
you know born with two eyes - but as it grows older one eye migrates so you can only see "one side"
especially where umpires are concerned

Seeya
To the top
SS Life Member

Hill has been a class footballer at a top Club

And a class footballer at a middling Club

He has the skills and character to be a class footballer at (we all hope) a rising Club

He was curtailed by an injury suffered during a match in 2020 - not serious enough to keep him out but it impeded

The more class we can add to this side the more he will shine

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I think Hill will dominate at Etihad under the roof

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 4:18pm not sure about your voice JB
but maybe curls is a lone sole
you know born with two eyes - but as it grows older one eye migrates so you can only see "one side"
especially where umpires are concerned
I feel you are being very kind in your assessment sunsaint.

I believe the issues you refer to are based more upon intellect than physical deformity.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 6:22pm I think Hill will dominate at Etihad under the roof
He played four games at Etihad last year. I didn’t see him dominate.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 6:22pm I think Hill will dominate at Etihad under the roof
I think you are right BM. Lots of critics of Brad Hill here but I am not sure we used him correctly last year. Also a player of Hill’s caliber will always attract a top defender, leaving the others to run amok. Hopefully.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I don’t know why we cant accept one of these about Hill:
1. Didnt care
2. Didnt try
3.Protecting a healing injury
4. Just isnt as fast anymore

At Hawthorn he fought every year to win time trials, same at Freo. There's several news articles quoting the man saying time trials matter and he can't wait until the next year to take first back from whoever he lost it to ....being older and slower doesn't mean he's not smart and still has speed late in games ( endurance over acceleration).

He 100% is slower. He 100% cared about time trials at every preseason before coming to us

So ......

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 15 Jan 2021 7:41pm I don’t know why we cant accept one of these about Hill:
1. Didnt care
2. Didnt try
3.Protecting a healing injury
4. Just isnt as fast anymore

At Hawthorn he fought every year to win time trials, same at Freo. There's several news articles quoting the man saying time trials matter and he can't wait until the next year to take first back from whoever he lost it to ....being older and slower doesn't mean he's not smart and still has speed late in games ( endurance over acceleration).

He 100% is slower. He 100% cared about time trials at every preseason before coming to us

So ......
So.... what's the problem? We're only paying him 900k a year. :roll:
He'd want to pull his finger out and get productive.

Winning a club's time trial is great, but it all depends how fit the players are at each club. In other words, if Hill's times are roughly commensurate with previous years but we simply have a lot of players who have vastly improved their fitness and have gone past him, then this is a great result. BUT, if what is more likely, and that is that each AFL list is roughly as fit as each other, ie the median time is about the same, then this is an alarming result from a bloke who has 4 years to run on a 900k a year contract.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

BUT, if what is more likely...

He's got a taste for fine food and he enjoys a drop of Pale Ale every know and then.

How many calories does a seafood platter have? Can you put on weight if you eat too much lobster mornay?

How many time a week should athletes be eating a dozen oysters?

These are all very important questions that someone who is trying to establish himself in the cut throat world of AFL should be asking?

ace
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 08 Jan 2021 11:02pm
Or maybe he pushed himself too hard at the start of the run, gassed out and just didn’t do as well as he would have liked
There in lies the problem with time trials.
They are only valid if the runner does them regularly and so knows what pace to run the first 95% of the distance.
Then and only then they can show any improvement in how strong they can finish.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
The Billings Method
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 1:19am BUT, if what is more likely...

He's got a taste for fine food and he enjoys a drop of Pale Ale every know and then.

How many calories does a seafood platter have? Can you put on weight if you eat too much lobster mornay?

These are all very important questions that someone who is trying to establish himself in the cut-throat world of AFL should be asking?
That is a very obvious attempt at deflection, scollop. Putting unnecessary pressure on your fellow molluscs and crustaceans. How shellfish of you.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The Billings Method wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 10:10am
Scollop wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 1:19am BUT, if what is more likely...

These are all very important questions that someone who is trying to establish himself in the cut-throat world of AFL should be asking?
That is a very obvious attempt at deflection, scollop. Putting unnecessary pressure on your fellow molluscs and crustaceans. How shellfish of you.
Waiting for Harvesman to comment on above :lol:
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Sun 17 Jan 2021 2:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Billings Method
Club Player

The "Dad Joke Force" in this one strong is. 😂

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.