James Frawley a Saint

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: James Frawley a Saint

Surely we put him in number 24.

Stian
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 7:06pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 6:46pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 3:12pm The Frawley family would be so happy seeing him in Saints colours. James will always be thinking about his uncle every time he puts on that Saints jumper.

I have a feeling that Chipper will push himself and his team mates all the way to the pointy end in 2021. Can you imagine a ‘Frawley’ up on the dias receiving a premiership medal? We’ll all be a mess..Go Saints
He said his grandmother burst into tears of hippieness when he told her he would be playing for St Kilda.
Yes, its quite possible Grandma Spud was a hippie I suppose. At 75 she would have been 18 in 1962, which would make her a beatnik. Perhaps, up in the bush around Ballarat there was a thriving coffee house jazz pot-smoking beat scene that we never knew about?
Nah, it's just that she was born in New Zealand.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 7:47pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 3:12pm The Frawley family would be so happy seeing him in Saints colours. James will always be thinking about his uncle every time he puts on that Saints jumper.

I have a feeling that Chipper will push himself and his team mates all the way to the pointy end in 2021. Can you imagine a ‘Frawley’ up on the dias receiving a premiership medal? We’ll all be a mess..Go Saints
He said his grandmother burst into tears of hippieness when he told her he would be playing for St Kilda.
Yes, its quite possible Grandma Spud was a hippie I suppose. At 75 she would have been 18 in 1962, which would make her a beatnik. Perhaps, up in the bush around Ballarat there was a thriving coffee house jazz pot-smoking beat scene that we never knew about?
Nah, it's just that she was born in New Zealand.
Ah ha...

Very good young Kiwi Control Eegent eighty-sex Mix-well Smiiirt.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 2:50pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020 8:01pm
saintsRrising wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020 5:52pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020 4:06pm
saintsRrising wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020 3:27pm
Ghost Like wrote: Thu 26 Nov 2020 8:22pm If Frawley plays then our season has not gone to plan. Insurance at best. Best 22 at worst!
Why?

Being insurance could be the plan. ie injury or suspension to other players.

Or it could also be the plan to play him occasionally to rest Carlisle or Howard.

Or it could also be the plan to say play him against WCE if we want three genuine big backs in that game.

Frawley would have been handy this year when Carlisle pulled out of our second finals game.
Our best back six from 2020 is the best back six we have had for some time. The results, stats and their age is what made their season together so impressive.

Paton Howard Wilkie
Coffield Carlisle Long

I'll happily back that six with two hard working ruckmen and a two way running midfield against WCE, Geelong & Richmond.

As I said, Frawley is only insurance. If he's playing then something has gone wrong.
You did not read what I wrote then.

Who was disputing what our best back 6 is? That is not most likely what Frawley has been picked, not McKernan.

Resting a player occasionally is not something going wrong, but is part of player management. We already know that Carlisle has back issues.

You cannot win a flag with 22 just players.

And no club has a list of only A and B Grade players.
I did read what you wrote, with all due respect you must have missed the part I said insurance at best. You really have construed or misconstrued what I wrote sRr. I never said you can win a flag with only 22. Nor did I say resting a player is something going wrong. Did I say anyone was disputing our best 22?

Frawley costs bugger all. Not bad for insurance because insurance worth having is not normally cheap.

If you read what I wrote, then you should appreciate that there are more than just insurance benefits.

If he for example plays to allow another player to be managed, then that is not just insurance. It is a planned strategy. It is a clear benefit.

etc.
Again SRs, I read what you wrote. You extrapolated what I said in two sentences to what you believe. Whoever bookmarked me obviously bookmarked my thoughts on Bruce v Ryder, as I've heard nothing.

Frawley is the definition of insurance. Ryder was the definition of improving a deficiency. Can I be clearer in my belief or do we have to continue with the "what if" game?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 8:09pm

Again SRs, I read what you wrote. You extrapolated what I said in two sentences to what you believe. Whoever bookmarked me obviously bookmarked my thoughts on Bruce v Ryder, as I've heard nothing.

Frawley is the definition of insurance. Ryder was the definition of improving a deficiency. Can I be clearer in my belief or do we have to continue with the "what if" game?
You are free to have your opinion, as I am I. Mine is different to yours.

Frawley has spoken of the great effort that the Saints have put in to have him join us. My opinion is that the club want him as more than just insurance. Your view is that he is only insurance and you are entitled to it.

We clearly are not going agree. And there is nothing wrong about that as if there is one thing that football has an abundance of it is opinions ;)

PS> Frawley is a very good stopper, and so next year if Hawkins is still in red hot form then Frawley could be brought in for that game to improve the deficiency we have in that regard.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Harves Man
Club Player

Hey, right-on man, right-on! And I don't say that lightly.

I heard his grandmother immediately put her Woodstock tee shirt on. It is a romantic notion tho, I'm not for one second denying that! :D

Harves Man
Club Player

Oh Scolly, that is the romantic dream of the century! Woo hoo!

ace
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020 7:19pm Surely we put him in number 24.
Danny Frawley played his first season in No 49 for 19 games, the next 3 seasons in No 24 for 66 games then 8 seasons in No 2 for 155 games.
240 games in 12 seasons, his playing career being surprisingly injury free.
Delisting Logan Austin has freed up No 24 but what sort of rocket would it send Carlisle if thy moved him from No 2.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Harves Man wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 6:18am

Hey, right-on man, right-on! And I don't say that lightly.

I heard his grandmother immediately put her Woodstock tee shirt on. It is a romantic notion tho, I'm not for one second denying that! :D
Given the geographical location of the Frawley clan, it may have been a Sunbury t-shirt😀

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Harves Man wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 6:18am
Speaking of Woodstock, I actually drove through Woodstock for the first time ever two weeks ago. I was on the way to elsewhere and did not realise that the route was via Woodstock.

It was a nice little surprise is a famous location.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 29 Nov 2020 6:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 9:05am
Danny Frawley played his first season in No 49 for 19 games, the next 3 seasons in No 24 for 66 games then 8 seasons in No 2 for 155 games.
Delisting Logan Austin has freed up No 24 but what sort of rocket would it send Carlisle if thy moved him from No 2.
Having read that, I'd rather go with the good mojo attached to the numbers 24 and 66, than 2 and 155.
Perhaps Chips is Carlisles rocket.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 11:01am
Harves Man wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 6:18am [
Speaking of Woodstock, I actually drove through Woodstock for the first time ever two weeks ago. I was on the way to elsewhere and did not realises that the route was via Woodstock.

Don't be so pleased with yourself.
You have been to the wrong place.
"Woodstock" was actually at a dairy farm owned Max Yasgur near a village called Bethel a little over 70km south west of the town of Woodstock.
The festival was just to the south of Filippini Pond
The town of Woodstock is a fraud, they never had a pop festival.

The festival was named after Woodstock Ventures the company that put on the festival.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 12:16pm
Speaking of Woodstock, I actually drove through Woodstock for the first time ever two weeks ago. I was on the way to elsewhere and did not realises that the route was via Woodstock.

"Woodstock" was actually at a dairy farm owned Max Yasgur near a village called Bethel a little over 70km south west of the town of Woodstock.

The festival was named after Woodstock Ventures the company that put on the festival.

Joni says it all at 2.09 in the sang... :D

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
avid
Club Player

Very irritating song, but boy can she sing!!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i was living in new york when they had a second woodstock in 94. close to the original site at another farm. had the likes of dylan, santana, c,s&n, the band, and some big modern bands, big hype but ticket sales were disappointing, but on the day people just turned up and walked in. only about 1 in 5 odd actually bought a ticket. which is how it should be. i unfortunately worked all weekend.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 2:37pm i was living in new york when they had a second woodstock in 94. close to the original site at another farm. had the likes of dylan, santana, c,s&n, the band, and some big modern bands, big hype but ticket sales were disappointing, but on the day people just turned up and walked in. only about 1 in 5 odd actually bought a ticket. which is how it should be. i unfortunately worked all weekend.
Interesting.
So it was a bust. I guess the Lulapalooza thing was going on then...and considered more a cool thang. But 1994, was a special year, for music and culture ...the last before the internet hit us and the grunge thing was just finishing up so pop music was still kind of ‘earthy’ and supposedly, ‘real’.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Harves Man
Club Player

Yes Ace, it is a similar deal with the Glastonbury Festival - it has always been held on some dude's farm, miles away from Glastonbury and even tho it has been shifted from time to time, it has always been quite some distance from ole hippietown.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Hey, don't knock the sixties. ;)

We won our only flag then.

Bring back flower power!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thanks. I had the wrong country!!!!

Got my music festivals mixed up :(

freely
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote: Sun 29 Nov 2020 9:05am
The only thing that would send a rocket up Carlisle would be an actual rocket.

BTW Was very down on the idea of Frawley coming in - then I watched all his press stuff about the granny and all that and couldn't help shedding a tear, crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

damienc
Club Player

At the risk of sounding pathetically sentimental I am so happy to have a Frawley playing again for the Saints.

It seems so right. That was the heart talking.

But the head says Saints Rising is on the money with James.

Definitely more than an insurance policy.

Very handy to have him as a lockdown defender.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I saw James play during the lock-down and thought he was cooked, but I also thought the same about Paddy Ryder in 2019.

Will be more than happy to be proved wrong again.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Spent a few days in the Catskills in 1997 at the end of 3 months driving across the US.

bergsone
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 30 Nov 2020 6:52pm I saw James play during the lock-down and thought he was cooked, but I also thought the same about Paddy Ryder in 2019.

It looked that way didnt it.Ryder was a big bonus for us imo Happy to be proved wrong also

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 30 Nov 2020 6:52pm I saw James play during the lock-down and thought he was cooked, but I also thought the same about Paddy Ryder in 2019.

I really hope you are saynta but always keep first impressions at front of mind. Paddy filled a need and a deficiency within our list and at centre bounces. Paddy had his motivations and they were to our benefit. What I like about James is he has his own incentives, very St Kilda.

I like our current back six, it is a Premiership back six as I like the fact Frawley, Geary, Roberton and Webster will keep all spots honest.