Treloar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Treloar

Good old Collingwood for ever they know how to play the game.
Have given away Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips for equivalent of pick 17 and a massive salary dump.

The chairman (president) of the board leads a team who oversight the club administration on behalf of the shareholders (members).
Where was that oversight for the last few years Eddie McGoo.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

If only McKenzie, Robbo and Dunstan were moveable we could’ve got Treloar too

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood just managed the worst trade period in the history of football
Pick 14 for Treloar Stephenson and Phillips

lol

Nee!
suss
Club Player

Shockingly bad. Sam Edmund saying pies will pay $300k of his salary every year for 5 years.

axcellence
Club Player

suss wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 9:00pm Shockingly bad. Sam Edmund saying pies will pay $300k of his salary every year for 5 years.
Pies also traded out Philips where they are paying 350k for him as well!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Treloar outcome sounds fantastic on paper for the dogs.

There's gotta be a catch though. Wonder what that is.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 7:48am Treloar outcome sounds fantastic on paper for the dogs.

Yeah will be interesting to see how he goes next year, potentially a Stevens like situation (appears lobsided on paper but in reality was fair due to other issues).

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely delighted seeing where the skunks are at atm
Their supporters are ropable , blaming fig & Ed
Their list management is a shambles 😊👍

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 9:15am Absolutely delighted seeing where the skunks are at atm
Their supporters are ropable , blaming fig & Ed
Their list management is a shambles 😊👍
Side by side we stick together
To uphold the Magpies name....

(Get rid of Treloar....tell him his mates don't like him, ship off Stevo and Phillips too - we're after Merrett next year)

Nee!
ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 7:48am Treloar outcome sounds fantastic on paper for the dogs.

The catch, you sign a deal with Collingwood they refuse to honour it.
Just ask Treloar, Stephenson & Phillips.
A club led by a Broadie boy crook.
And coached by Phuckley

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 5:35pm I just feel it in my bones.
Now that we didn’t have to pay picks for Brad Crouch,
and that if we manage to offload 3 or 4 of Webster, Dunstan, Roberton, Lonie, Hind, Savage or Ross, we will make a play for Treloar with Pick 17.
The picks gained by losing any of the above to be used to grab Higgins, or even added to the Treloar pick 17 deal. Don’t really care about the little details.
I just feel it.
Well, you got one right. We offloaded Hind for a late pick before we delisted him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 7:20pm We are looking at Treloar. Agree on the baggage comment. I also have concerns regarding his money.

We definitely need to move out a few of the Richo era guys this week. We must clear some cap space, just for some flexibility over the next couple of years.

We apparently have a verbal agreement with Jack Higgins. That would be priority #1 to just get locked away. If we can get Crouch, Higgins, retain our first rounder and also shop in a few extra picks then this trade period will get a decent tick.

Treloar would have to be after the fact. Huge due dilligence required.
Closest to thew mark out of all the crap posted on here over the past week,

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 4:23pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 11 Nov 2020 1:40pm So are you guys trying to tell me that SP66 was wrong?!?
Nope. Treloar still in play for us. Big chance we get him.
Never on the cards. never.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 10:19am
bigred wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 7:20pm We are looking at Treloar. Agree on the baggage comment. I also have concerns regarding his money.

We definitely need to move out a few of the Richo era guys this week. We must clear some cap space, just for some flexibility over the next couple of years.

We apparently have a verbal agreement with Jack Higgins. That would be priority #1 to just get locked away. If we can get Crouch, Higgins, retain our first rounder and also shop in a few extra picks then this trade period will get a decent tick.

:cry:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

:oops: :cry:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 11:16am

Was meant as a compliment. You were on the money while others were on a pile of s***.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 11:22am

Was meant as a compliment. You were on the money while others were on a pile of s***.
All good. :D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 11:26am
saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 11:22am

All good. :D
:wink:

diddley
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 10:15am
and that if we manage to offload 3 or 4 of Webster, Dunstan, Roberton, Lonie, Hind, Savage or Ross, we will make a play for Treloar with Pick 17.
The picks gained by losing any of the above to be used to grab Higgins, or even added to the Treloar pick 17 deal. Don’t really care about the little details.
I just feel it.
Well, you got one right. We offloaded Hind for a late pick before we delisted him.
Meh. I still think we were going to do it, but backed out after no one was willing to take Dunstan/Ross/Webster etc off the books.
A little disappointed we missed the bargain of the year, but glad we won’t have a list management meltdown in the years to come.
Bring on Ben King with 2021&2022 first round picks!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 12:42pm
saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 10:15am
I just feel it.
Meh. I still think we were going to do it, but backed out after no one was willing to take Dunstan/Ross/Webster etc off the books.
A little disappointed we missed the bargain of the year, but glad we won’t have a list management meltdown in the years to come.
Bring on Ben King with 2021&2022 first round picks!
Ross, or Billings for that matter, was never on the trade table. Don't know about the other two. Lonie put himself up but there were no takers.

There is something suss, or not quite right about the Treloar business. I know there are rumours he is un-coachable , has a compulsive disorder and his missus has flown the coop,but there must be something else.

Think we dodged a bullet there. Anyway, we need team spots to give the kids a go, Byrnes and Bytel.

More than happy how things panned out.

An old report from foxsports.com.au

"SAINTS TRIO PONDERING NEXT MOVES

Three contracted Saints are “considering their positions”, reports The Age.

Defenders Jimmy Webster (contracted until the end of 2022) and Dylan Roberton (2021), as well as midfielder Luke Dunstan (2021) are all considering their options after playing a combined two senior games in St Kilda’s outstanding 2020 campaign.

Saints list boss James Gallagher this week said the club “had no indication” from Webster or Dunstan, who both suffered injuries this year, that they won’t be with the Saints in 2021.

“They’re both contracted and they’re both good AFL players those boys, it was just the way the season worked. They both got injured at the wrong time, really,” Gallagher told AFL Trade Radio.

“Jimmy we were trying to get into the side all year and Luke played a pretty strong game in Round 1 and then tore his pec about two weeks back into the season being played.”

While St Kilda is happy to retain Webster, the Herald Sun reported the defender’s “robust contract” is one reason why the club won’t stand in the way of him leaving should he find a suitor.

AFL Media reported Dunstan was “on the market” as he’s one of several ‘pre-agents’ that could find a home one year prior to gaining free agency status — a move that would see Dunstan traded and St Kilda, subsequently, compensated via a trade, rather than the unpredictable free agency compensation pick.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Reprted on sen 7 days ago.

'St Kilda midfielder Seb Ross will be at Moorabbin in 2021, list boss James Gallagher has confirmed.

There has been some talk in recent weeks that Ross, who comes out of contract at the end of 2021, could be on the move during the ongoing Trade Period.

But Gallagher said on Friday that the 27-year-old will not be going anywhere.

“He’ll certainly be with us next year,” he said on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Exchange.

“I read the scuttlebutt about him being seen somewhere else next year and I was reliably informed that it was rubbish in the end.

“He’s been an excellent player for our footy club and is not in his declining years, I think people just get much footy he’s got left.

“He’s going to prepare himself to have a really big year next year with Brad (Crouch) in the midfield and a couple of other guys in the middle as well.”

Gallagher also spoke at length about suggestions the club were interesting in prising Adam Treloar out of Collingwood.

He said it was “extremely unlikely” they would make a move for Treloar, saying there was “no point” in meeting with him and his management if it was not a realistic proposition.

“It’s unlikely,” he said.

“He’s a terrific player, but everyone is subject to the list sizes and cap spaces, the discussion there has raced a long way ahead of any discussion we’ve had with Adam’s management which hasn’t progressed really at all.

“I think it’s extremely unlikely that anything would happen there.

“There’s no point in pursuing that and leading anyone on to give anyone any sense of false hope for the player and for us as a club, we don’t want to be scattergun and react to the next name that is in the newspaper.

“We need to keep being pretty strategic, but I don’t think we’ll meet with Adam and that’s nothing against him as he seems like a fantastic lad.

“But it doesn’t seem like it’s the right thing to do.”

So much bulls*** is reported as fact on this site to be laughable.

The Billings Method
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 8:31am

Yeah will be interesting to see how he goes next year, potentially a Stevens like situation (appears lobsided on paper but in reality was fair due to other issues).
Pure speculation on my part, but the long distance relationship with his partner in Queensland will put pressure on him off field. He is reportedly not the most stable of characters and a bit on the highly strung side. A risky situation for the WB, but with the filth picking up a large chunk of the tab, well worth it.

I can't help but agree with SP and ausfatcat. There's more to this than meets the eye. Pass the popcorn.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Check out this joker

Nee!
ace
Saintsational Legend

The Billings Method wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 1:44pm
ausfatcat wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 8:31am

Pure speculation on my part, but the long distance relationship with his partner in Queensland will put pressure on him off field. He is reportedly not the most stable of characters and a bit on the highly strung side. A risky situation for the WB, but with the filth picking up a large chunk of the tab, well worth it.

I can't help but agree with SP and ausfatcat. There's more to this than meets the eye. Pass the popcorn.
Who dobbed in Buckley for playing tennis with Alicia Molik while in WA quarantine ?

ace
Saintsational Legend

When you remove the smoke screen created by pick swaps:
Collingwood has sold Treloar for ZERO. Add the points of all the picks they come to ZERO. Treloar has been sent to Bulldogs for FREE and a salary dump. That salary dump is only part of Treloar's contract, Collingwood will be paying for 5 years to come.
Collingwood has sold Phillips to Hawthorn for pick 65, pick 65 call it by its real name this year, that's ZERO. Phillips has been sent to Hawthorn for FREE and a salary dump. That salary dump is only part of Phillips contract, Collingwood will be paying for 2 years to come.
Collingwood has sold Stephenson for the equivalent of pick 17. Add the points of all the picks they come to pick 17. Stephenson has been sent to North for the equivalent of pick17 and a salary dump

Add the trade period all up Collingwood has brought in pick 14, swapped out second round pick 35 for a similar future second round pick, lost third round pick 56 .
The best summary is Treloar, Phillips and Stephenson sold to upgrade third round pick 56 to first round pick 14.
That GUY is lucky most Collingwood supporters can't do maths.