Latest trade update.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Latest trade update.

johnearljames wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 9:26am On cue come the gatekeepers and CB's.
Can you please stop spamming all the threads with your BS victim crap

Ppl appreciate threads with details and u get flak because you re-post regurgitated info often already posted on the board and omit details

When you posted the Treloar article... people just stuck to the topic. It’s not like you don’t know the difference btw actual posts and the trolling that you spam the board with

It’s one thing when you post stuff and ppl ignore but like you did with Jaxons, you’re now ruining threads by targeting people that post more details then you do

johnearljames
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 11:54am
johnearljames wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 9:26am On cue come the gatekeepers and CB's.

Ppl appreciate threads with details and u get flak because you re-post regurgitated info often already posted on the board and omit details

When you posted the Treloar article... people just stuck to the topic. It’s not like you don’t know the difference btw actual posts and the trolling that you spam the board with

It’s one thing when you post stuff and ppl ignore but like you did with Jaxons, you’re now ruining threads by targeting people that post more details then you do
Back again for more cyber bullying. Like your bullying pals, you just can't keep away and not comment. You got called out by several posters for it too. Plus I have no idea who Jaxans is nor do I care.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 12:21pm

Back again for more cyber bullying. Like your bullying pals, you just can't keep away and not comment. You got called out by several posters for it too. Plus I have no idea who Jaxans is nor do I care.
How you have not been banned again is completely beyond me

I will say this... you are truly an unpleasant person JJ.

You have been repeatedly banned, asked by a dozen forumites at least and by the moderator to curtail your frequent and incessant spamming of the board with threads and posts that don’t contain new information

The fact that you continue to carry on like this... just trolling the forum speaks so poorly of you as a person.

Your someone that actually loves winding people up so much that your happy to ruin this forum just for your kicks

It’s actually pathetic

And for the record...
Cyber bullying is actually a serious issue and for you to carry on trivialising it the way your doing is not ok either. You don’t get to harass people and cry foul.

You’re quite literally rebelling against people not wanting spam posts and your ruining threads and attacking people because of it

What a waste of time and space you are

johnearljames
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 12:34pm
johnearljames wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 12:21pm

How you have not been banned again is completely beyond me

I will say this... you are truly an unpleasant person JJ.

You have been repeatedly banned, asked by a dozen forumites at least and by the moderator to curtail your frequent and incessant spamming of the board with threads and posts that don’t contain new information

The fact that you continue to carry on like this... just trolling the forum speaks so poorly of you as a person.

Your someone that actually loves winding people up so much that your happy to ruin this forum just for your kicks

It’s actually pathetic

And for the record...
Cyber bullying is actually a serious issue and for you to carry on trivialising it the way your doing is not ok either. You don’t get to harass people and cry foul.

You’re quite literally rebelling against people not wanting spam posts and your ruining threads and attacking people because of it

What a waste of time and space you are
Get a life. Seriously.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’d post

TISM 5 yards

right there , in that space , just above this bit

fair dinkum Ted
... you’re cracking under the weight
of nobody having a go at ya

must be hectic in there , yea

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
damienc
Club Player

silverhalo wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 8:33am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 31 Oct 2020 8:16pm Hurley looked cooked from what I saw of him this year, would much prefer Carlisle.
Don't want Hurley, his best is long gone :(
His best is long gone? You don't know that for sure.

I recall, the same thing was said of Paddy Ryder, a fellow All Australian.

Mad to take him, he will prevent Marshall from developing, long past his best etc, etc, etc.

Funny, no one is saying that now. In fact they are saying the opposite. In fact, they've gone even so far as to say had Paddy played against the Tigers, the result might have been different.

I'm not having a go at you. I'm just saying Hurley can play footy. You don't get named in an Australian team twice if you can't. 2017 was the most recent.

2020 was a s*** year for a lot of clubs. Essendon is a basket case. Their coach is gone and there is currently a mass player exodus.

So, if we get Hurley, and I am not saying it is a certainty, and we lose Carlisle, I have a bit more faith than you.

Our recruiters have proven themselves to be pretty good at this.

johnearljames
Club Player

damienc wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 2:03pm
silverhalo wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 8:33am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 31 Oct 2020 8:16pm Hurley looked cooked from what I saw of him this year, would much prefer Carlisle.
Don't want Hurley, his best is long gone :(
His best is long gone? You don't know that for sure.

I recall, the same thing was said of Paddy Ryder, a fellow All Australian.

Mad to take him, he will prevent Marshall from developing, long past his best etc, etc, etc.

Funny, no one is saying that now. In fact they are saying the opposite. In fact, they've gone even so far as to say had Paddy played against the Tigers, the result might have been different.

I'm not having a go at you. I'm just saying Hurley can play footy. You don't get named in an Australian team twice if you can't. 2017 was the most recent.

2020 was a s*** year for a lot of clubs. Essendon is a basket case. Their coach is gone and there is currently a mass player exodus.

So, if we get Hurley, and I am not saying it is a certainty, and we lose Carlisle, I have a bit more faith than you.

Our recruiters have proven themselves to be pretty good at this.
Very well said.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I am guessing the sticking point with Carlisle is length of contract, not so much amount. He played well in week one of the finals and helped steer a young defence through the best season our club had in a decade. If there are issues off the field then time to say "Thanks" and move on.
Hurley is / was / can still be a very good player. Personally if Carlisle walks, I'd rather give a new lease of life to Tom McDonald. The only Essendon player I'd like, for nothing, is Zach Merrett next year.
I really don't want us dealing with them though, they hold the whole trade period to ransom.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 31 Oct 2020 7:40pm From proven ITK on BF St Deewhy

Jim Webster to Essendon will be for pick whatever the highest bombers have, we will be giving his contract to Jack Higgins, we need his $$ off the books.
Dunstan is off to the Blues...
We are heavily into Hurley as Carlisle replacement (off to Hawthorn) and Lones is out the door also but I think we are all thought that was the case anyway...Essendon will pay some of Hurleys $$$ as they want his contract off the books.
Adelaide won’t match Crouch, compo pick will then upgraded to our 15 as part of a trade which will be Pick 20 and a later pick for our Pick 15.
Why the hell should we accept that? We should do no favours for Essendung!! They didn't do us any favours when they came in and stole Caldwell. If they can't give us a pick under 40 then they can go and get stuffed. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

our ‘salary dump’ would be driving that trade
... would it not ?

the pick position (whilst important)
is the steak knives
is how i’m seeing the bigger picture

how is it worth getting steamed up about

making $ space for the Tugger is the trades task

asiu
Saintsational Legend

re Snowy

a 1 year contract
keeps him honest

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 3:27pm

Jim Webster to Essendon will be for pick whatever the highest bombers have, we will be giving his contract to Jack Higgins, we need his $$ off the books.
We are heavily into Hurley as Carlisle replacement (off to Hawthorn) and Lones is out the door also but I think we are all thought that was the case anyway...Essendon will pay some of Hurleys $$$ as they want his contract off the books.
Adelaide won’t match Crouch, compo pick will then upgraded to our 15 as part of a trade which will be Pick 20 and a later pick for our Pick 15.
Why the hell should we accept that? We should do no favours for Essendung!! They didn't do us any favours when they came in and stole Caldwell. If they can't give us a pick under 40 then they can go and get stuffed. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I like Jimmy Webster as a player, but he's not worth a pick that low under #40.
Has barely played in two years and reportedly (media) is on a reasonable contract.

Webster is obviously behind Long, Clark, Coffield, Wilkie & Paton for small/ medium backs and unlikely to be a regualar.

A pick for #60 - #80 looks about right assuming they pick up his full salary.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPelican66
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 5:45pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 3:27pm

I like Jimmy Webster as a player, but he's not worth a pick that low under #40.
Has barely played in two years and reportedly (media) is on a reasonable contract.

Webster is obviously behind Long, Clark, Coffield, Wilkie & Paton for small/ medium backs and unlikely to be a regualar.

A pick for #60 - #80 looks about right assuming they pick up his full salary.
Hey Joffa, I think you better make yourself familiar with the AFL Draft Index. Pick 74 or higher is giving him away for free!!!!!!!

If we cannot get pick 40 or better we should keep him!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

stkfc1
Club Player

I wonder that the fact we got Butler for like pick 3,212 last year that the Tiges might be a bit more hesitant about giving up Higgins too cheaply. Im tipping there are a few red faces about Butler, down at Punt rd.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stkfc1 wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 8:58pm I wonder that the fact we got Butler for like pick 3,212 last year that the Tiges might be a bit more hesitant about giving up Higgins too cheaply. Im tipping there are a few red faces about Butler, down at Punt rd.
Butler- 2nd in B n F
6th in goal kicking in H n A season
Members (not just Skunk, but ALL members) salivate whenever he gets near the pill

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 8:58pm I wonder that the fact we got Butler for like pick 3,212 last year that the Tiges might be a bit more hesitant about giving up Higgins too cheaply. Im tipping there are a few red faces about Butler, down at Punt rd.
Butler tore it up while the Tigers won their 3rd flag in 4 years.
Butler never played anywhere near that level; at the Tigers and time will tell if it is maintainable at St Kilda.

I doubt they'd be anything but happy for him.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 9:10am There’s a chance we might get a big fish. After we potentially land a big fish...get set for potential big fish #2

There’s clouds on the horizon. Could be some showers coming but could be mostly sunny too :wink: 8-)
No way Trout is coming back.
I will send back my membership if he does.
Last edited by ace on Sun 01 Nov 2020 10:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
ace
Saintsational Legend

Essendon's first pick after the first round is a round 3 pick tied to Gold Coast.
That would have been the 5th pick in the third round
BUT both GWS and Port Adelaide's 2nd round picks got bumped into the third round because they did not have sufficient points left in 2019 when they queue jumped.
(Academy and father/son queue jumping).
Then Hawthorn has already got 3rd round compensation for Isaac Smith.
That means Essendon's first pick outside the 1st round is the 8th in the 3rd round pick.
As I type this is pick 47 but may slip with further free agent compensations.

It will probably be around pick 50 on the night (273 points)

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully we wake up tomorrow and read Adelaide have signed off on the FA offer???

ace
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan, Webster, Lonie, Hind, Carlisle maybe out
Hurley, Higgins, McKernan maybe in but do we have to deal with Dildo.

Don't need Joyce and McKenzie but they are contracted with no one interested in taking them off St Kilda's hands.
They will clog the list unless paid out.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

gotta break some plates
to bake a cake

talking about ... wake and bake :P

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If you were a n AFL TPP analyst you might, in noting how FA tends to move stars towards currently top clubs on big- read enormous - money, wonder how come. Do we buy this line about the in-kind value Geelong offers vis a vis a lovely bucolic environment (when Richmond players houses are not being arsoned). Gaz Jr and Taylor are off the books to allow some room for Cameron and Smith but there must be up and comers down in Corio Bay considering opportunities and more money sooner rather than later. How does Geelong balance the books. ( I expect Cats would offload Garry Rohan as soon as it could, but who would buy.) I think an audit of the Cats TPP is in order, noting Team Cats coach will also be after extra compo for loss of reputation in going another year without a premiership with a star packed team.

On the other hand I reckon Saints has plenty to offer lifestyle wise nearer the CBD and we don't need to be anxious, we can afford to be patient and selective. Hurley talk has to be a furphy. And I can see Dunstan in the trenches getting the ball to Hill as a winning combo that hasn't had a chance to click yet, whether or not Crouch comes over. Which he will, of course. Roberton to coach somewhere? Webster needs/deserves a chance to settle after injury and a full preseason - no need to trade before some others.

Saints58
Club Player

What are they thinking why do we need another 30 something player we don't need old players when there are options out there. I am sure there are better players who are younger then him.
Here are some options i was thinking of I am sure there are others.
Oscar McDonald (Melbourne) 196cm 24 years old 81 games would get at least 5-6 years out of him or Esava Ratugolea (Geelong) 22 198 17 games a 10 year player josh schache (western bulldogs) 23 199cm 56 games. the bulldogs do not know how to use big players and he would be able to play ruck forward and back as Ratugolea would as well much better options and could send players for each one.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 9:01am If you were a n AFL TPP analyst you might, in noting how FA tends to move stars towards currently top clubs on big- read enormous - money, wonder how come. Do we buy this line about the in-kind value Geelong offers vis a vis a lovely bucolic environment (when Richmond players houses are not being arsoned). Gaz Jr and Taylor are off the books to allow some room for Cameron and Smith but there must be up and comers down in Corio Bay considering opportunities and more money sooner rather than later. How does Geelong balance the books. ( I expect Cats would offload Garry Rohan as soon as it could, but who would buy.) I think an audit of the Cats TPP is in order, noting Team Cats coach will also be after extra compo for loss of reputation in going another year without a premiership with a star packed team.

On the other hand I reckon Saints has plenty to offer lifestyle wise nearer the CBD and we don't need to be anxious, we can afford to be patient and selective. Hurley talk has to be a furphy. And I can see Dunstan in the trenches getting the ball to Hill as a winning combo that hasn't had a chance to click yet, whether or not Crouch comes over. Which he will, of course. Roberton to coach somewhere? Webster needs/deserves a chance to settle after injury and a full preseason - no need to trade before some others.
The Geelong TPP is helped when they manage to get other clubs (stupidly) to pay their players' wages!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.